talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The Bundesliga has just lost it's most beautiful name. :(

Great piece of business from Freiburg though. Bought him for 10 Mio and sold him for 14 Mio a year later. 

Oh fuck off.  Loved that guy.  I wondered why he didn't start 😥

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The Bundesliga has just lost it's most beautiful name. :(

Great piece of business from Freiburg though. Bought him for 10 Mio and sold him for 14 Mio a year later. 

And they just signed Maxi Eggestein as Santamaria's replacement.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, nudge said:

And they just signed Maxi Eggestein as Santamaria's replacement.

From Baptiste Santamaria 🎶 to Maxi Eggestein. A phonetical catastrophe. 

In all seriousness though. Freiburg keep impressing me with how they conduct their business and run their club. 👏

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

In all seriousness though. Freiburg keep impressing me with how they conduct their business and run their club. 👏

Maximilian Eggestein has a beautiful ring to it though! :P 

29 minutes ago, Tommy said:

In all seriousness though. Freiburg keep impressing me with how they conduct their business and run their club👏

Now if only they could make a decent kit...

I meant to post this sooner, but I wanted to do some research first. 

During the ESPN viewing of the Augsburg match, one of the commentators said that Augsburg were one of the German (or maybe just Bundesliga) teams to finish the year in the green financially. 

I couldn't find any information to confirm this, but whatever your thoughts on the 'investor' at Augsburg, we appear to do a great job of running a responsible club. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

During the ESPN viewing of the Augsburg match, one of the commentators said that Augsburg were one of the German (or maybe just Bundesliga) teams to finish the year in the green financially. 

I couldn't find any information to confirm this, but whatever your thoughts on the 'investor' at Augsburg, we appear to do a great job of running a responsible club. 

I'll tag the two most knowledgable members about Bundesliga finances. @nudge and @Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

You can find all financial data on all clubs in the DFL end of financial year report here: https://www.dfl.de/de/hintergrund/lizenzierungsverfahren/finanzkennzahlen-der-proficlubs/

After having a quick look, in the 1. Bundesliga, only Augsburg, Freiburg, Hoffenheim, Leipzig, and Bayern made profit last year, while Leverkusen and Wolfsburg had a balance of 0 (no profit, no loss). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

You can find all financial data on all clubs in the DFL end of financial year report here: https://www.dfl.de/de/hintergrund/lizenzierungsverfahren/finanzkennzahlen-der-proficlubs/

After having a quick look, in the 1. Bundesliga, only Augsburg, Freiburg, Hoffenheim, Leipzig, and Bayern made profit last year, while Leverkusen and Wolfsburg had a balance of 0 (no profit, no loss). 

Thanks! 

So we were the 3rd most profitable team in the Bundesliga? 

That's something to be proud of. 

From the Freiburg official site regarding Santamaria to Rennes:

“Baptiste expressed his wish to return home to France with his family to us at quite short notice. We made some difficult and careful considerations and decided to make the transfer possible due to his personal situation and the deal’s financial conditions”, said chairman Jochen Saier. “It was clear for us that we could only agree to this move if we could fill the position with the same level of talent as Baptiste. We are currently in the final discussions to do this.”

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, at the start it seemed like a cool idea. But they dragged that on way too long and the "dialogue" is stupid as fuck. xD

It's a pretty cool idea, I like it. But the dialogue is terrible xD 

I think they could have just got away with him just walking through the city, picking up a shirt or some club merch, then walking in to the stadium with a few GTA-esque glitches (like the walking in to the door).

On 17/08/2021 at 10:33, nudge said:

@Spike

Nudge provided the link to all teams in the first two divisions balance sheets. 

• Upvote 1