talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• Subscriber

Apparently the DFB has partnered with Amazon to release a docu type series like the Bayern one following the national team going into Qatar. Colour me intrigued, I know im Bias but I loved the Bayern doc. Apparently its the same camera crew that filmed the Bayern one as well. 

That sounds good, but since i won't be watching any of the world cup games I certainly won't be watching a documentary about it either. I won't support this whole crap in Qatar and quite honestly under all those circumstances nothing could interest me less than this winter event.

• Upvote 3

This article is in German and a long read (3 pages), still mesmerizing and well-writen. Also it's posted posted because my pet peeve (investors) are concerned. Seem to remember to have heard about this documentation project, didn't know what happened to it until I read this article.

http://11freunde.de/artikel/all-or-nothing-beziehungsweise-nothing/5783105

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

This article is in German and a long read (3 pages), still mesmerizing and well-writen. Also it's posted posted because my pet peeve (investors) are concerned. Seem to remember to have heard about this documentation project, didn't know what happened to it until I read this article.

A truly brilliant read; that's the content I still subscribe to 11Freunde for... I didn't know anything about the documentary project, but I am also not surprised with the outcome. Yet another reminder of what to expect when a club prostitutes itself to the highest bidder with no regard to the long-term consequences.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

It took me so long to understand "geghostet". xD 

But yea, great article! Windhorst sounds like a slimy cunt through and through. No wonder he made his first statements after a long time at BILD TV. xD

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It took me so long to understand "geghostet". xD 

Same xD At first I thought there's been a typo and they meant "gehostet", but then it didn't make any sense at all either xD 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Same xD At first I thought there's been a typo and they meant "gehostet", but then it didn't make any sense at all either xD 

I thought the same. My 2nd theory was that it's "gekostet" in fränkisch dialect, but that made no sense in relation to Hertha. xD

• Haha 1

What I'll say is that Hicken's work is fantastic. Take Us Home was a brilliant piece of work that not only pulled from Leeds the club but also Leeds the community.  It's not surprising that Windhorst has vetoed the work. He's come off like a right prick in the media so why would the documentary show anything different. Shame that the work will likely never see the light of day.

On 03/02/2022 at 12:59, Coma said:

Roger Schmidt is leaving PSV in the summer.  Lots of speculation that he'll come back to Germany.  I would think that there will be some opportunities for him...*cough* Gladbach *cough*.

Didn't see that one coming.

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Didn't see that one coming.

I seem to recall hearing that he was going to Benfica not long after I posted that.  I'm surprised because that feels like a sideways move.  Also, the latest talk on Adi Hütter seems to be that he will get at least another year in Gladbach.  I would've thought Wolfsburg or Hertha, maybe even Schalke if they were promoted would have been options. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Flick, who as a national team manager is obliged to be neutral regarding German club football results, mentioned he would have pleased if Freiburg won the cup on a manager congress. Looking forward to the in´dignation storm in a tea cup, I expect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Although Windhorst invested 374M Euro since 2019, Hertha made a loss of 53.5M in 19/20, a loss of 77.9 M - the biggest in the league- in 20/21 and calculate with a loss of 60M for last season. I'm honestly perplexed they even consider building an expensive new stadium instead of trying to limit their losses for a change.o.O

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nudge said:

IMG_20220603_021858.jpg

xD

I always love stories about player - referee interactions. 

One of my favourites is from Anthony Baffoe. Back when referees only wore black uniforms. The referee booked him and Baffoe said to him "Man, us blacks have to stick together." 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I always love stories about player - referee interactions. 

One of my favourites is from Anthony Baffoe. Back when referees only wore black uniforms. The referee booked him and Baffoe said to him "Man, us blacks have to stick together." 

My favourite is still the Lippens one that earned him a red card.xD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

My favourite is still the Lippens one that earned him a red card.xD

That was my initial thought, but it's too difficult to translate. xD

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

That was my initial thought, but it's too difficult to translate. xD

You can't translate it because it involves a grammatical particularity of the Berlin dialect, therefore it's only funny when heard in German, in my honest opinion. Shame, because it's classic.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've been hearing rumours that the mighty Bobby Glatzel could be on the move. Any truth in those?

He just signed a new contract extension.