talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

1 hour ago, Beelzebub said:

No one can compete with English speaking countries in propaganda/presentation whether in geopolitics, entertainment and sports. Accept this fact and life becomes easy. 

Beg to differ: Tanzania are an English speaking country, competing with them on this field isn't that hard, though.:P

13 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

A bit surprising in the end hes leaving the league.

Yes and an 18 million euro transfer fee, does seem a little low for a striker that has been spoken highly of for a while and where there have been several top clubs after his signature for a while. Either way, I am sure he will find success at Wolves, as I think the Premier League will suit his style of play.

• Subscriber

Expected a higher transfer fee. And also a better club. But his contract expires next year, so yeah...

I like Kalajdzic and hope he does well, but I think he'll struggle in the Premier League.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Expected a higher transfer fee. And also a better club. But his contract expires next year, so yeah...

I like Kalajdzic and hope he does well, but I think he'll struggle in the Premier League.

I think like Werner he'll find that there's no place like the Bundesliga.  The chance to make more money and play in a higher profile league is hard to pass up for some players, even if they'll be lower-mid table battlers.

On 29/08/2022 at 12:55, Tommy said:

Very underwhelming transfer considering he was linked to the likes of Bayern and BVB. 

I’m not trying to be down on the Bundesliga but I’m not even sure if BVB have a better squad than Wolverhampton. 

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

I’m not trying to be down on the Bundesliga but I’m not even sure if BVB have a better squad than Wolverhampton. 

Well the results, when they met last season, suggest Eintracht Frankfurt ( Buli's 11th) had the better team than West Ham ( Premiersip's 7th) last season.B| Oh and I remember many English on here talking about how Haaland would struggle in the PL. How did that pan out? What's your reasoning of Wolves having a better squad than Dortmund again?

4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well the results, when they met last season, suggest Eintracht Frankfurt ( Buli's 11th) had the better team than West Ham ( Premiersip's 7th) last season.B| Oh and I remember many English on here talking about how Haaland would struggle in the PL. How did that pan out? What's your reasoning of Wolves having a better squad than Dortmund again?

I just said this isn’t about England v Germany, how exhausting that you chose to make it that way by bringing up things I have never said. If you are looking for a ‘gotcha’ moment or an argument your looking wrong. That’s why I prefaced my comment ‘I am not downplaying the Bundesliga’ because I knew someone would get all uppity, and it happened anyway.

Because… Wolves have quite a lot of very talented players? They have a considerable amount of internationally experienced players, and BVB just lost their marquee player.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I just said this isn’t about England v Germany, how exhausting that you chose to make it that way by bringing up things I have never said. If you are looking for a ‘gotcha’ moment or an argument your looking wrong. That’s why I prefaced my comment ‘I am not downplaying the Bundesliga’ because I knew someone would get all uppity, and it happened anyway.

Because… Wolves have quite a lot of very talented players? They have a considerable amount of internationally experienced players, and BVB just lost their marquee player.

Well you made it an England Germany comparison by bringing  an English relegation candidate at a German section thread, not about them and comparing them to an German top club. And preacing your comment "I'm not downplaying the Bundesliga" was the same as preprefacing the sentence: " All male Blacks are drug users and criminals." with the comment: "I'm not racist, but"

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well you made it an England Germany comparison by bringing  an English relegation candidate at a German section thread, not about them and comparing them to an German top club. And preacing your comment "I'm not downplaying the Bundesliga" was the same as preprefacing the sentence: " All male Blacks are drug users and criminals." with the comment: "I'm not racist, but"

Jesus Christ man you have problems, it’s not even close.

PS they aren’t a relegation candidate, so shows what you know. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Jesus Christ man you have problems, it’s not even close.

PS they aren’t a relegation candidate, so shows what you know. 

They're on 198th spot, which is a relegation spot, in other words they currently are relegation candidates that might change on course of this season, still they currently are some.

• Subscriber
On 30/08/2022 at 01:47, Coma said:

I think like Werner he'll find that there's no place like the Bundesliga.  The chance to make more money and play in a higher profile league is hard to pass up for some players, even if they'll be lower-mid table battlers.

And he tore ACL in his left knee again on his debut 😭 So unlucky, and such a big blow to his career. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
8 hours ago, Michael said:

Not great results for Bayern Munich in their last few Bundesliga games, but I am sure Bayern will bounce back to winning ways after the international break. 

Bayern miss Lewandowski, and I dont think Mané will make up for it as a replacement, its funny really, Juve were the top dogs in Italy winning the title year after year and now they have fizzled out, are Bayern going on the same path?

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@nudge @Tommy Is there any chance beyern might not win the league this season? For a while I've thought they would beat the record for consecutive titles which I think is 13 by Rosenberg.

There's always a chance, but I think in the end, they will still manage to win it thanks to individual quality throughout the squad and the fact that the other occasional title challengers (regardless of who it is) always tend to bottle it sooner or later.

26 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@nudge @Tommy Is there any chance beyern might not win the league this season? For a while I've thought they would beat the record for consecutive titles which I think is 13 by Rosenberg.

Much too early to call, at this point they're still favorites,if they don't find their feet in the next 5 or 6 matches it's a real possibility, though.