talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Bayern miss Lewandowski, and I dont think Mané will make up for it as a replacement, its funny really, Juve were the top dogs in Italy winning the title year after year and now they have fizzled out, are Bayern going on the same path?

Any team that loses Lewy is going to miss him but I think the narrative is far over played. Mane isnt a like for like replacement and never was meant to be. The system has changed consequently and we saw the good parts to that; the first four ish matches we had bundles of goals now were seeing the other side of that. If you're void of ideas and creativity Lewy could win matches still and without a proper number 9 thats definitely missing. We'll see, somethings got to give here and I still believe we have the talent to sort it out and if it doesnt probably Nag's is the first head to fall. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Any team that loses Lewy is going to miss him but I think the narrative is far over played. Mane isnt a like for like replacement and never was meant to be. The system has changed consequently and we saw the good parts to that; the first four ish matches we had bundles of goals now were seeing the other side of that. If you're void of ideas and creativity Lewy could win matches still and without a proper number 9 thats definitely missing. We'll see, somethings got to give here and I still believe we have the talent to sort it out and if it doesnt probably Nag's is the first head to fall. 

Calling Lewa a ‘proper number 9’ is like calling a McClaren a four door family car. The guy is an abnormality. What Bayern are missing is one the greatest players of all time, any sort of mediocrity following him leaving should be expected. Dozens of great centre-forwards wouldn’t do much to replace Lewa; Icardi for instance is a great scorer but isn’t 1/10 of Lewa. There really isn’t anything or anyone that can fix Bayern besides going through the growing pains of not having debatably (Gerd Muller) the greatest scorer in Bundesliga history. Just give it time, the team will adapt.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Spike said:

Calling Lewa a ‘proper number 9’ is like calling a McClaren a four door family car. The guy is an abnormality. What Bayern are missing is one the greatest players of all time, any sort of mediocrity following him leaving should be expected. Dozens of great centre-forwards wouldn’t do much to replace Lewa; Icardi for instance is a great scorer but isn’t 1/10 of Lewa. There really isn’t anything or anyone that can fix Bayern besides going through the growing pains of not having debatably (Gerd Muller) the greatest scorer in Bundesliga history. Just give it time, the team will adapt.

Thats why I said we were always going to struggle replacing him and I didnt mean to understate it, even if we did get another number 9 to try and replace him. If nothing else the system we've tried to employ is what plays to our strengths so i dont really have a problem with it. The early signs show it can work and work well but how patient is management going to be? I dont think very but well see. 

Tennor contests the allegations from ft. Yet if it's true this hasn't had enough publicity, as it's a mixture of a criminal story and a comedy act, especially if Windhorst was indeed stupid enough not to pay the bill. Article is in German.

http://11freunde.de/artikel/geheimoperation-gegenbauer/6944270

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Tennor contests the allegations from ft. Yet if it's true this hasn't had enough publicity, as it's a mixture of a criminal story and a comedy act, especially if Windhorst was indeed stupod enough not to pay the bill. Article is in German.

http://11freunde.de/artikel/geheimoperation-gegenbauer/6944270

Wow, what a crazy story. Considering that the CEO of the Israeli private detective company now denies the allegations as well, I assume Windhorst opened the checkbook... xD 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

xD

Wow, that's bad. They had to start it so it does not have to be cancelled, but I just read that they stopped playing again as the visibility got even worse again.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Wow, that's bad. They had to start it so it does not have to be cancelled, but I just read that they stopped playing again as the visibility got even worse again.

Yes, the fog is bad. 

9 minutes ago, Coma said:

We're ahead of Hoffenheim. xD But yea, it could be a lot more for us, but most Düsseldorf fans are fair weather fans. They only come to the stadium when there's a spectacle to witness. I remember when we were playing against relegation in 2. Bundesliga.  The stadium was almost empty. Then when it slowly became clear that we might get promoted, they all came crawling out of their holes. xD

Clubs like Schalke, Köln etc. have a much better and loyal fanbase, unfortunately. 

19 hours ago, nudge said:

FgOVdEUXgAAfAF0?format=jpg&name=large

St. Pauli fans celebrating the 20th birthday of Ultrà Sankt Pauli in Hamburg port yesterday. Fantastic display.

Our fans did something similar for Fortuna's 120th Birthday. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 2