talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That's absolutely amazing. :o 

And of course, the police already initiated criminal proceedings. 

https://www.n-tv.de/sport/fussball/Fan-Choreo-bringt-Schalke-viel-Arger-mit-Polizei-article23685568.html

Yeah, read about it... Don't see a problem when it's a coordinated performance and not just some random drunk idiots throwing pyros in any direction. Oh, there was some smoke and the kick off had to be delayed. So what? Get over it...

Hertha GmbH & Co KGaA's equity capital has shrunken from 107.5mio to 29.5 mio Euros during their last business year. Something about this figures tells me Windhorst is either forced to hold his shares or has to sell them with a massive loss. @Coma according to German media Robert Kraft, who already owns New England Patriots and New England Revolution in the NFL and MLS respectively, is interested in buying them. Can you tell us something about him? Would he be as an entertaining investor as Windhorst for the neutral?:ph34r:

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
31 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Hertha GmbH & Co KGaA's equity capital has shrunken from 107.5mio to 29.5 mio Euros during their last business year. Something about this figures tells me Windhorst is either forced to hold his shares or has to sell them with a massive loss. @Coma according to German media Robert Kraft, who already owns New England Patriots and New England Revolution in the NFL and MLS respectively, is interested in buying them. Can you tell us something about him? Would he be as an entertaining investor as Windhorst for the neutral?:ph34r:

Very wealthy family, money as an investor would be no issue. He has his own issues though that came out last year about frequenting a happy ending massage parlour xD

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

As a sports club owner he is a good one.  I'm not sure that translates to the European football model though.  Too many times Americans get involved in football club ownership because they see dollars flying, not because they have any connection to a club/tradition or have any love for the sport.  It's also important that they surround themselves with people who understand the European game.  I think the American ownership model in Europe has been a mixed bag.  Liverpool have done well and I think Roma are also on the right path finally.  But Man Utd and Arsenal (up until recently) have been horror stories.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is Freiburg's Grifo one of the most underrated players? Grifo put in a man of the match performance yesterday for Italy against Albania in Tirana. Grifo scored 2 goals and ensured a 3-1 win for the Italians. Grifo nearly always plays well for Freiburg, and he has put in some excellent performances in the 7 matches he has played for Italy, scoring 4 goals. Yet at 29, I would have expected him to have played more for Italy and at least played at a World Cup or a Euros. Fair enough, Italy have failed to qualify for the last 2 World Cups, but I would have still expected Grifo to have played more for Italy over the years. He wasn't selected for Italy's Euro 2020 team either, being dropped from the squad just before the tournament commenced. Moreover, with all due respect to Freiburg, I would have expected him to be playing for a much stronger team by now. He could easily perform well in any elite team around the world in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Michael said:

Is Freiburg's Grifo one of the most underrated players? Grifo put in a man of the match performance yesterday for Italy against Albania in Tirana. Grifo scored 2 goals and ensured a 3-1 win for the Italians. Grifo nearly always plays well for Freiburg, and he has put in some excellent performances in the 7 matches he has played for Italy, scoring 4 goals. Yet at 29, I would have expected him to have played more for Italy and at least played at a World Cup or a Euros. Fair enough, Italy have failed to qualify for the last 2 World Cups, but I would have still expected Grifo to have played more for Italy over the years. He wasn't selected for Italy's Euro 2020 team either, being dropped from the squad just before the tournament commenced. Moreover, with all due respect to Freiburg, I would have expected him to be playing for a much stronger team by now. He could easily perform well in any elite team around the world in my opinion.

Well, he tried his luck in Mönchengladbach and Hoffenheim (who were bigger teams than Freiberg back then), but he only seems to work in Freiburg. xD

• Upvote 2

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Find it quite odd people bemoan some tendencies of modern football, dont know whether you're one of them mind but there arte certainly a few on this forums, still on the other hand always want to see good players concentated at the biggest clubs, which is one of the most damaging developments of modern football, in my honest opinion. Actually would like to see more excellent players at medium sized first tier clubs. That would strenghten the competetion in many leagues, including the English Premier League.

I often wonder about a parallel universe, where Manuel Neuer is a true Schalker who stays at the club to become an absolute club legend, instead of being a glory hunting whore. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Michael said:

Honestly, it probably comes down to the amount of pressure that are put on players at bigger clubs.  At Freiburg players are nurtured and I really do think that environment brings out the best in them.  Hell, I'd run through brick walls for Streich.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber

Something to be said about being a stalwart for one team and moving to another only to be one of many cogs in the machine as well imo. Some players just struggle with having a different role/position and just dont fit... in more plain english instead of ramblings :D

• Subscriber
Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Windhorst has found a potential buyer of his Hertha shares -777 partners, who're among other clubs, already owners of Sevilla and CFC Genova. Now Hertha BSC and, probably more in question, DFL have to agree. Would like to know the selling price, didn't find a source for it, yet.

I just read that Windhorst was positively surprised by the offer, so that's unfortunate.

• Upvote 2

I really hope that Germany start Goretzka instead of Gundogan in their next match. Kimmich and Goretzka play great together in Bayern's midfield, Germany should utilise their talent and understanding for their own midfield. Goretzka has been in excellent form this season for Bayern.

On 24/11/2022 at 07:29, Rucksackfranzose said:

Windhorst has found a potential buyer of his Hertha shares -777 partners, who're among other clubs, already owners of Sevilla and CFC Genova. Now Hertha BSC and, probably more in question, DFL have to agree. Would like to know the selling price, didn't find a source for it, yet.