talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Lena Oberdorf donated her 5000 Euro prize, she won for her:" Women's football, men's football, it's just football" statement, that was elected this years football quote of the year, to "Scoring Girls" a football project helping girls in Iraq-:congrats:

She's my favourite female football player. Ruthless on the pitch, but also a really good build-up play. And she seems like a really nice person off the pitch too. Of course I have to mention that her brother Tim plays for Fortuna. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

She's my favourite female football player. Ruthless on the pitch, but also a really good build-up play. And she seems like a really nice person off the pitch too. Of course I have to mention that her brother Tim plays for Fortuna. :ph34r:

You're not going to accuse that poor boy of his lack of good taste, I hope.:ph34r:

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

You're not going to accuse that poor boy of his lack of good taste, I hope.:ph34r:

What is that supposed to mean? 🤔xD

On an unrelated note, he has quite an interesting career. He was ready to give up on football and started studying when he got a call from our Head of Youth Development. He didn't sign a professional contract until he was already 25 years old. Bit of a late bloomer, but he was very important to us so far this season, and last season too. 

• Upvote 1

Can anyone tell me how it came about that German clubs have the club name on the back of the shirt?  My boys were asking me about that recently and I have no idea.  Has it always been that way and is there a history behind it?

42 minutes ago, Coma said:

Can anyone tell me how it came about that German clubs have the club name on the back of the shirt?  My boys were asking me about that recently and I have no idea.  Has it always been that way and is there a history behind it?

No idea, whether there's a reason. If so, I'd say it's a relict from the monochrome TV times, to make it easier for the spectators to make out which teams got a card, when eg a team in red kits played a team in green kits, I'd guess.

• Upvote 1

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/international/2212/News/thomas-tuchel-trainer-psg-paris-saint-germain-putzfrau-hilfe-ftr.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR113epsOcIaUJ-6yzZou_Aw-Mmb73Uqe17eP4w0nAkt6tAfd4PRua0WxLo#Echobox=1671129190

Just read this about Thomas Tuchel. Apparently, while he was at PSG, he and his family employed a cleaning lady from the Philippines. One day his wife told him that the cleaning lady was always working late, because she wanted to earn money for her son who required heart surgery. Tuchel immediately agreed to cover all the costs. And after he was sacked by PSG, and it was clear that they were leaving Paris, he sat down the the cleaning lady and asked her if she had any wishes for the future. She told him that she's dreaming of owning a house in the Philippines, and he bought one for her. 

What a man. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 3

The one thing I dislike about this time of year is that even lower league football starts drying up in Germany until after the new year.  I was just scanning the fixture list for this weekend and there's slim to nothing going on.  I guess I'm going to have to switch my attention to Spanish lower tier football for a few weeks.  

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

The one thing I dislike about this time of year is that even lower league football starts drying up in Germany until after the new year.  I was just scanning the fixture list for this weekend and there's slim to nothing going on.  I guess I'm going to have to switch my attention to Spanish lower tier football for a few weeks.  

I got a weekend full of footy ahead of me! 😎

Tomorrow I'm in Mönchengladbach for the Borussia Mönchengladbach vs. Gladbach legends game, and on Sunday I might go to a charity match between Fortuna Düsseldorf's women U17 vs. Schalke's women U21. They are raising money for a local children's hospice. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Tommy said:

https://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussball/international/2212/News/thomas-tuchel-trainer-psg-paris-saint-germain-putzfrau-hilfe-ftr.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR113epsOcIaUJ-6yzZou_Aw-Mmb73Uqe17eP4w0nAkt6tAfd4PRua0WxLo#Echobox=1671129190

Just read this about Thomas Tuchel. Apparently, while he was at PSG, he and his family employed a cleaning lady from the Philippines. One day his wife told him that the cleaning lady was always working late, because she wanted to earn money for her son who required heart surgery. Tuchel immediately agreed to cover all the costs. And after he was sacked by PSG, and it was clear that they were leaving Paris, he sat down the the cleaning lady and asked her if she had any wishes for the future. She told him that she's dreaming of owning a house in the Philippines, and he bought one for her. 

What a man. 

Thats an amazing story. Ngl first thoughts as im reading about his cleaning lady working late...... Glad I was wrong. I always liked him. 

• Haha 2

Fucking hell, that was cold. The people behind me left at half-time because it was so cold. xD

But what a shitty stadium compared to ours. :ph34r: All the food and drink booths are seperated, so you have to get in line for food, and then into another line if you want to have drinks. And all the booths are outside. In Düsseldorf we have a nice heated interior, where all the booths are inside the stadium. And what a food menu. Only Bratwurst and Frikadellen. In Düsseldorf you get Döner, Asian Noodles, Pizza, Burgers, Crepés and even vegetarian Wraps or several veggie Curries. All they had in Gladbach was "Veggie Nuggets" which just looked like fake Chicken Nuggets.

And the seats? Cheap plastic. Like when you get up to let someone through and you lean against your upright seat... in Düsseldorf, it's solid strong plastic. In Gladbach they gave in, like they fall apart any second. 

And the stairs to get to your seat were really uneven and weird. In our stadium we have solid even concrete. 

3rd World Stadium, I tell you. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Fucking hell, that was cold. The people behind me left at half-time because it was so cold. xD

But what a shitty stadium compared to ours. :ph34r: All the food and drink booths are seperated, so you have to get in line for food, and then into another line if you want to have drinks. And all the booths are outside. In Düsseldorf we have a nice heated interior, where all the booths are inside the stadium. And what a food menu. Only Bratwurst and Frikadellen. In Düsseldorf you get Döner, Asian Noodles, Pizza, Burgers, Crepés and even vegetarian Wraps or several veggie Curries. All they had in Gladbach was "Veggie Nuggets" which just looked like fake Chicken Nuggets.

And the seats? Cheap plastic. Like when you get up to let someone through and you lean against your upright seat... in Düsseldorf, it's solid strong plastic. In Gladbach they gave in, like they fall apart any second. 

And the stairs to get to your seat were really uneven and weird. In our stadium we have solid even concrete. 

3rd World Stadium, I tell you. :ph34r:

1. Don’t go to sporting events for food

2. Eat less food and the plastic chair won’t break fatso

3. for someone very concerned about eating food you are very critical of the man being very efficient with his eating and pissing, one might say he is a german hero for displaying such efficiency, I bet he has the top score in forklift simulator 2011

6 hours ago, Spike said:

1. Don’t go to sporting events for food

2. Eat less food and the plastic chair won’t break fatso

3. for someone very concerned about eating food you are very critical of the man being very efficient with his eating and pissing, one might say he is a german hero for displaying such efficiency, I bet he has the top score in forklift simulator 2011

Sounds like someone who is used to shitty stadiums. 🤔