talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Play now (bets) has been having the odd promo code giving you a free 20$ bet once in awhile (you keep what you win) so this is round two for me. I got hosed during the worldcup for my winnings because I misread the final bet but anyways the point of my ramble is my current accumulation is going all in on Werder v Augsburg. Im now a Werder fan for a day. That is all.  

I've been telling people for ages, don't ever bet on Werder...

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

It's been an action packed opening 22 minutes in the Frankfurt v Bochum match. Frankfurt pinned Bochum back in the opening quarter of an hour. Borre had 2 dangerous chances saved by Reimann, while Jakic also had a shot saved. But Bochum took the lead against the run of plat, as Asano slotted home the rebound, after Trapp saved a shot. But nine minutes later, Muani was blatantly brought down in the Bochum penalty box and he duly stepped up to take the penalty himself and smacked it into the back of the net to equalise for Frankfurt. Great game so far!

• Subscriber

No gamethreads yet, that was a banger of a match. Sane in form and playing on the wing is just something to behold. Outside of a few late lapses that was a dominant performance and fills me with optimism going into the City matches. I am curious to see if Tuchel plays a 3 atb though, definitely have the personal for either.

An extraordinary schedule change happened: The Leverkusen - Köln match has been moved from Sunday the 7th of May to Friday, May the 5th, to give Leverkusen two more days to prepare for their Europa League match at Rome. Since the match originally scheduled on Friday  between Mainz and Schalke can't be moved to Sunday for the reason of a big event happening at Mainz on that date (Gutenberg- Marathon), we'll have the unique case of two Friday and only 1 Sunday match on 31th matchday. Not amused they even considered moving the Mainz - Schalke match to Sunday, since Mainz and Gelsenkirchen are far away enough from each other to cause Schalke fans to take at least half a day off to make it possible to watch this match at the stadium. It would have been an insolence to move it to Sunday, with such short notice, for that reason.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

Thought this survey of money clubs receive for their European performances next year/ received this year for them is interesting.

http://www.kicker.de/uefa-zahlungen-bayern-bleibt-kroesus-vier-bundesligisten-vor-dortmund-950600/artikel

While it's kind of understandable Frankfurt will receive more money from this pot next year than Dortmund, since the former won the Europa League last season, Leipzig and doing Leverkusen so as well comes as a surprise for me. On a side note second tier clubs being excluded from receiving that money is a scandal to put it mildly. This would mean theoretically a second tier club could become cup winners of their respective association and win the Europa the next season thus meaning qualifying for the CL  without getting a single buck for it since 2.tier clubs are excluded from UEFA payments, which is more than unfair.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1