talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

German Football - General Talk

football forum

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well, if he indeed spent 400 quid to return the wallet, he at least could expect not to become poorer due to it, in my honest opinion.

How do you lose 400 € by driving 120km though? Did he stop for some caviar? And he did receive a shirt (probably signed by Neuer), which is not shabby at all. 

Just now, Tommy said:

How do you lose 400 € by driving 120km though? Did he stop for some caviar? And he did receive a shirt (probably signed by Neuer), which is not shabby at all. 

Don't know about Düsseldorf- but the 5km from Saarbrücken downtown to my flat cost 20 Euro with a taxi, so 400 quid for 120 km is very conceivable. I agree nobody forced him to drive by taxi, nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Don't know about Düsseldorf- but the 5km from Saarbrücken downtown to my flat cost 20 Euro with a taxi, so 400 quid for 120 km is very conceivable. I agree nobody forced him to drive by taxi, nonetheless.

And he could have given the wallet to his local police station if he was really concerned about it being returned to it's owner. Maybe I'm just being naive again, but I always refused a finders fee when I returned a wallet. So I would have expected nothing back and would been more than delighted with a shirt, that I'd sell on ebay anyway. Because fuck Bayern. :ph34r:xD

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

The signed jersey will be worth much more in the future, just keep it and profit massively in 20 years time... And yeah, how the fuck did he spend 400€ on a 100km trip anyway? Did he drive there in a Bugatti Veyron? xD

Sounds like a 15 minutes of fame kind of story.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

And he could have given the wallet to his local police station if he was really concerned about it being returned to it's owner. Maybe I'm just being naive again, but I always refused a finders fee when I returned a wallet. So I would have expected nothing back and would been more than delighted with a shirt, that I'd sell on ebay anyway. Because fuck Bayern. :ph34r:xD

Go ahead and say it.  If it was a Bayern wallet you'd chuck it in the river 😆.

• Haha 1

UEFA is trialing safe standing for the European competitions this season, which will allow Union to play their Europa League matches at home instead of having to go to the Olympiastadion across town.  Imagine that atmosphere on a European night.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

TV revenue from the Bundesliga 21/22 season. Ill post a link to the article but I thought it was interesting in how they compare it to other leagues and lay out relegated Norwich who finished 20th last season in the prem and brought home around €116m. I mean weve seen for years the difference in money between the leagues its not suprising but its still kind of shocking to see it in actual numbers. The rest of the article gets in marketing and whatnot, I dont really agree with some of it but its an interesting read nontheless.

Picture1.png

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/8/23/23186460/bayern-munich-norwich-city-bundesliga-marketing-real-madrid-barcelona-premier-league-la-liga

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

TV revenue from the Bundesliga 21/22 season. Ill post a link to the article but I thought it was interesting in how they compare it to other leagues and lay out relegated Norwich who finished 20th last season in the prem and brought home around €116m. I mean weve seen for years the difference in money between the leagues its not suprising but its still kind of shocking to see it in actual numbers. The rest of the article gets in marketing and whatnot, I dont really agree with some of it but its an interesting read nontheless.

Picture1.png

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/8/23/23186460/bayern-munich-norwich-city-bundesliga-marketing-real-madrid-barcelona-premier-league-la-liga

It's interesting to note in the comments below how Bayern fans are largely all-in on trying to make the league more balanced.  There were also a few comments in there about how the Buli produces better matches, game by game.  This is a very good point that I think the casual fan might overlook.  Watching the EPL is a slog for me as there is a lot of anti-football being played.  I think that has been trending down over the years but in general the scoring is much lower.  Look at the Buli where goals per game has to be near the top compared to all other leagues and the quality of football is very good.  Union's first year up they played a low-block hoofball style but they have evolved considerably.  Even Fuerth tried to play last season.  From top to bottom the product is entertaining, but as the article mentions some fans just want to see the star players and UCL football.  And what really irks me is that too many fans don't care where their club sources their cash.  Tell me how well the EPL would do without dirty money.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Coma said:

It's interesting to note in the comments below how Bayern fans are largely all-in on trying to make the league more balanced.  There were also a few comments in there about how the Buli produces better matches, game by game.  This is a very good point that I think the casual fan might overlook.  Watching the EPL is a slog for me as there is a lot of anti-football being played.  I think that has been trending down over the years but in general the scoring is much lower.  Look at the Buli where goals per game has to be near the top compared to all other leagues and the quality of football is very good.  Union's first year up they played a low-block hoofball style but they have evolved considerably.  Even Fuerth tried to play last season. From top to bottom the product is entertaining, but as the article mentions some fans just want to see the star players and UCL football.  And what really irks me is that too many fans don't care where their club sources their cash.  Tell me how well the EPL would do without dirty money.

I think what they're getting at in regards to star players is with recognition and attracting more viewers that dont already watch. They used Marco Reus again as an example as he had an exert saying something loosely along the lines of he watches other leagues because of the star players and not so much the Bundesliga. I think thats very much a thing from the outside and a pretty good point. Does it matter for us? absolutely not but it does matter in regards to trying to grow the viewership numbers I suppose. Its a double edged sword though because money attracts the stars and as this lays out you see the difference in money. Its not worth selling your soul at the same time and I think thats kind of the only other solution? Uli had a great quote let me dig it up here quickly:

When comparing the Premier League to the Bundesliga, Hoeneß left no doubt that he thinks the English clubs sold out.

“They’re not better than us. They just have more money available to them. The PL’s sporting advantage has been bought by foreign money. Our big advantage is our independence from oligarchs and entire states,” Hoeneß said. “In the medium term that will end up at some stage benefitting the Bundesliga.”

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

I think what they're getting at in regards to star players is with recognition and attracting more viewers that dont already watch. They used Marco Reus again as an example as he had an exert saying something loosely along the lines of he watches other leagues because of the star players and not so much the Bundesliga. I think thats very much a thing from the outside and a pretty good point. Does it matter for us? absolutely not but it does matter in regards to trying to grow the viewership numbers I suppose. Its a double edged sword though because money attracts the stars and as this lays out you see the difference in money. Its not worth selling your soul at the same time and I think thats kind of the only other solution? Uli had a great quote let me dig it up here quickly:

Yeah, that quote from Reus pissed me off when I saw it on Twitter.  Real helpful.

Uli can be quite controversial but I think on matters of the league as a whole he's been spot on.  Personally, it does matter to me where the money comes from because that's part of the soul of a club.

• Upvote 1

One more thing that I'd add.  I could care less what the perception of the league is from non-Bundesliga fans and the media.  It gets a lot of play because it gets clicks and stirs up a lot of emotion amongst fans.  I know the product is good (Hertha may be the exception) and I'm going to watch it.  But I would also like to see it be more competitive within itself.  Watching Bayern win it year on year does get annoying.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Just read that Reus said he likes to watch the Premier League or La Liga when it is FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid or Manchester United vs Manchester City. So he watches a total of 4 matches a season? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Coma said:

One more thing that I'd add.  I could care less what the perception of the league is from non-Bundesliga fans and the media.  It gets a lot of play because it gets clicks and stirs up a lot of emotion amongst fans.  I know the product is good (Hertha may be the exception) and I'm going to watch it.  But I would also like to see it be more competitive within itself.  Watching Bayern win it year on year does get annoying.

I agree completely while disagreeing with your last statement B| but seriously it irks me when the league is dismissed all the time. I was genuinely happy to see Frankfurt take Europa league last year and hopefully that opened some more eyes because the league has always been quite competitive even when the top spot might not have been.  

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Just read that Reus said he likes to watch the Premier League or La Liga when it is FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid or Manchester United vs Manchester City. So he watches a total of 4 matches a season? :ph34r:

Yeah, solid quote. Thanks Marco xD

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

I mean, it's all about preferences, and it's totally ok. The annoying thing is where people start a dick measuring contest about "which league is the best". How do you even measure that, objectively? Literally impossible. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Don't forget cup matches.  It could be 6-8 if they get to the semi-finals.

• Haha 1