2021 UEFA European U21 Championship

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

U21s just started vs Austria tonight.

Lots of regular first-team/high-level experience in the England squad...Foden, McNeil, Ramsdale, Nketiah, Hudson-Odoi, Davies to name a few.

Not sure about Austria's squad but Danso & Baumgartner ring a bell as recognisable names. @nudge might know more about their youth?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

U21s just started vs Austria tonight.

Lots of regular first-team/high-level experience in the England squad...Foden, McNeil, Ramsdale, Nketiah, Hudson-Odoi, Davies to name a few.

Not sure about Austria's squad but Danso & Baumgartner ring a bell as recognisable names. @nudge might know more about their youth?

Other than Danso and Baumgartner - Friedl plays for us in the Bundesliga. Raguz is having a good season with LASK and his development has been promising. Lovric is  solid but a bit of an "eternal talent" as he has failed to properly deliver so far. Wöber normally belongs to the team as well but he's been called up for the senior team. Also Romano Schmid is out with an injury too.

A decent team all in all.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Cheers @nudge :D

Austria are getting thrashed. England have too much about them at the moment. Hudson-Odoi, Nketiah, Willock & Foden too good.

Yeah... no chance for Austria so far. England too good; both in terms of skills & technique and physical presence but the Austrians have been way too passive and seem to lack any ideas.

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Friedl hits the bar :3_grin: Would have been a great goal there.

And Foden should be putting that chance away too.

Austria haven't been great but don't think they've been a 4-1 defeat kind of bad. Nketiah gets his hat-trick as I type to make it 5.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

And Foden should be putting that chance away too.

Austria haven't been great but don't think they've been a 4-1 defeat kind of bad. Nketiah gets his hat-trick as I type to make it 5.

Atrocious defending by the Austrians... 

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Not sure if this is in the right forum or not? Admin/Mods can do your bit and merge or whatnot if you must.:ay:

zy8CGsTh?format=jpg&name=small

Goalkeepers: Josef Bursik (Stoke City), Josh Griffiths (Cheltenham Town, loan from West Bromwich Albion), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United)

Defenders: Max Aarons (Norwich City), Ben Godfrey (Everton), Marc Guehi (Swansea City, loan from Chelsea), Lloyd Kelly (AFC Bournemouth), Ryan Sessegnon (Hoffenheim, loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Steven Sessegnon (Bristol City, loan from Fulham), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur), Ben Wilmot (Watford)

Midfielders: Tom Davies (Everton), Ebere Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (West Bromwich Albion, loan from Chelsea), Curtis Jones (Liverpool), Dwight McNeil (Burnley), Oliver Skipp (Norwich City, loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards: Rhian Brewster (Sheffield United), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea), Noni Madueke (PSV Eindhoven), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal), Emile Smith Rowe (Arsenal)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56399178

Strong squad there, but not the first time we’ve sent a strong team in and they’ve not played as a team.

Would like to see something like this

Ramsdale

Aarons - Godrey - Guehi - R Sessegnon

Davies - Skipp

Smith Rowe - Jones - Eze 

Greenwood

On a Brentford note Vitaly Janelt has been called up for the German u21 squad, he’s been phenomenal this season playing out of position, a well deserved call up

• Administrator

I'm gutted Justin won't be there as he'd have been a cert to play in these as well as the tournament in summer :( 

Barnes as well is likely to play in the tournament despite missing these upcoming games.

Overall it's still a very, very strong squad to go in to the tournament anyway. The attacking talent is great - so much experience for their clubs in different competitions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Decent second half from Germany. I believe they will struggle against the top teams though. I am disappointed Wirtz is not in the squad. It could do him good to try to dominate on this level. I think it is unnecessary to promote him to the full national squad this early  (although he is per now a better player than Brandt and Draxler who are rightfully left out).  

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Relling said:

Decent second half from Germany. I believe they will struggle against the top teams though. I am disappointed Wirtz is not in the squad. It could do him good to try to dominate on this level. I think it is unnecessary to promote him to the full national squad this early  (although he is per now a better player than Brandt and Draxler who are rightfully left out).  

I'm disappointed Johannes Eggestein wasn't called up, either. 

I'm honestly intrigued to see whether FCS boy Sverko gets to play a few minutes tomorrow versus Portugal. Most Saarbrücken fans are, as it's been a long while since our last player was called up for an International tournament. Never thought I would ever look for a  Portugal U21 - Croatia U21 stream, while Germany play a match on free TV, but here we are.xD

Archived