• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021 UEFA European U21 Championship

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How on earth is Aidy Bothroyd still in charge? xD

Couldn't get a fucking tune out of Maddison, Mount and Foden in the last tournament which was an embarrassment in itself, and given more great talent to work with again and he serves up a main course of freshly strained dog shit on a silver platter.

Same old, same old. Textbook England. Good on paper, absolute crap where it matters.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

How on earth is Aidy Bothroyd still in charge? xD

Couldn't get a fucking tune out of Maddison, Mount and Foden in the last tournament which was an embarrassment in itself, and given more great talent to work with again and he serves up a main course of freshly strained dog shit on a silver platter.

Same old, same old. Textbook England. Good on paper, absolute crap where it matters.

Plays a back 3 that relies on wing backs bombing forward outwide, decides to play left footed McNeil on the left also. Make it make sense.

There's just no intent, it's such a limited style of play. They were going over the first half highlights talking about "big" opportunities, of the 3 one was a header from a corner and the other was a shot from outside the area. Not one pundit held Boothroyd to task and questioned the selection, the lack of attacking emphasis, just went on about how it's been a good half etc etc. Blind as a bat.

Congratulations to Aidy Bothroyd.

Coaching a side providing him with the tools to do great things and his side has managed one shot on target in 180mins.

Played two, lost two, bottom of the group and crashing out at the group stage of another tournament.

Absolutely inept. Get him gone.

I think Frank lampard could make a good under 21 manager. I like eddie Howe but Lampard is probably more up to date with modern football.

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think Frank lampard could make a good under 21 manager. I like eddie Howe but Lampard is probably more up to date with modern football.

Neither would manage the u21's when they can get Prem jobs

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Neither would manage the u21's when they can get Prem jobs

You're probably right. However Howe was in management for a very long time. He might want something with less stress for a while. 

I know everyone is gonna laugh but I would consider Rooney. He has improved Derby and I think he would be good with the youngsters. I would certainly consider giving him a two year contract and seeing how he does 

8 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You're probably right. However Howe was in management for a very long time. He might want something with less stress for a while. 

Think Howe will thrive on that stress tbh

Almost fluked it but Croatia got a late goal and we are out. Probably better in the long run because it gets rid of boothroyd

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

This resumes tomorrow.

(all kick-offs BST)

Quarter-Finals - Monday 31st May, 2021
Netherlands vs France, 17.00
Spain vs Croatia, 17.00
Portugal vs Italy, 20.00
Denmark vs Germany, 20.00

Semi-Finals - Thursday 3rd June, 2021
Spain/Croatia vs Portugal/Italy, 17.00
Netherlands/France vs Denmark/Germany, 20.00

Final - Sunday 6th June, 20.00

• Administrator

After all that praise, France are out xD 

Netherlands have some decent players themselves, but still, that French squad should have had enough to win.

Boadu (scored the winner in stoppage time), Stengs, Botman, Kluivert in their squad. But France had quality in every position of the pitch. Still messed it up. 

Archived