talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Matchday Experience

football forum

football forum

Whats yours? 

What do you wear to the game (replica shirt, your teams colours, whatever you can find in the wardrobe etc...)

Do you get a match-day programme on the way to the ground? 

Do you go into the local pub/restaurant for a drink or bite to eat? 

Any pre-game traditions/rituals that you adhere to?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Whats yours? 

What do you wear to the game (replica shirt, your teams colours, whatever you can find in the wardrobe etc...)

Nope, only when playing football. Usually just jeans, plain shirt and a hoodie.

Fanzine.

Usually the hotel across from OT as we've got friends on the door and it's peaceful in the bar area.

Nope. Don't go enough anymore to make any rituals.

• Subscriber

Just usual dress really. Haven't worn a replica to a game in years.

Haven't bought one in years. Do get someone at work give me a fanzine every month though.

50/50 really for home games. I'll usually drive it in unless we have some kind of plans to do something else on the day of the game itself. There are a few pubs near the ground so it's not hard to get a drink. Great selection if I train it in and walk from there. Sometimes go in a place called the soar point, pub by the river, and get straight on the dirty burger.

There's an irony in where I park when I drive in. Road called Shakespeare street. Come to think of it I don't really have any these days.

Usually wear whatever top the team is playing in, always give send the official twitter page a DM the day before just so I know what one we will be playing next. Have long sleeved versions of both for the colder months. Name and number on the back as well if course.

The rest depends on the weather as well, if it's hot I wear the shorts that match the top with the socks as well and my Sondico shin pads. However if it's cold I wear the training trackie bottoms tucked into the socks that match the shirt with my shinnies underneath.

Usually wear the official training jacket and take it off for the match. Usually wear Puma gloves as well, regardless of the weather.

Scarf and Jester hat too if I can be bothered and for big matches face painted in black and white stripes. Usually get the Puma logo shaved into the back of my hair at the start of the season but it is costly to keep it up. Got the Wonga logo shaved in at Christmas since we were doing well in the league.

Don't like spending money at the match so usually take a picnic basket full of scones and sandwiches for half time, and a Newcastle United flask full of coffee/Minestrone Cup-A-Soup/Bovril. 

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Is programme a word used in the UK only?

Struggling with that xD

The spelling is. Americans say program. But everyone uses it to refer to booklets given out at the theatre, opera or events like that.

• Administrator
On 2017-4-30 at 11:32 AM, Cannabis said:

Whats yours? 

Recently I've liked our training tops more than our actual kits. Slightly cheaper as well. 

Yep. Always do. Think it's just out of habit now though xD 

There's a chippy just off Upperton Road about 5 minute walk away from the ground we always go in to. I usually get chips and sometimes fish cake with it. 

Not any that I'm aware of!

I never wear replicas anymore, used to in my younger days, not just wear usual clothes. Jeans and a jumper.

Usually buy a programme but not sure why because all I usually read is the managers notes and that's it, the rest is usually just rubbish anyway. 

Archived