• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 15 - Singapore

football forum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Feel sorry for Seb :( Really hoped he would finally get the pole again; good effort but too eager on his last run. Great lap by Leclerc. Seems Ferrari really made a huge progress. Will be interesting to see how well they do in the race though; I think Charles gained most time on Lewis in the first sector on the straight.

Amazing last sector by Lewis. Hard to overtake here but he could definitely still get Leclerc at the start or go for undercut. 

Red Bull not as fast as I expected; only P4 for Max. Glad Albon could improve a bit on his last run. A 0.6s to Max is still quite a gap but probably not too bad on this track (I think it was the same between Max and Ricciardo here last year too) and it's still smaller than the one between Bottas and Lewis :D 

Gasly had a phenomenal Q1. Kvyat disappointing. 

Sauber mediocre; expected more from Kimi but he seems to have a much worse second half of the season.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

EE_3qxaWkAIdz9D?format=jpg&name=medium

Ferrari battering everything that even looks like a straight line again. Their traction and acceleration must be sensational because they're fastest even in the early part of the full throttle sections, whereas that was Red Bull territory at the last high downforce track in Hungary.

Didn't see that coming today, exciting times for Ferrari and for F1. Both they and Red Bull have truly pegged Mercedes back in terms of qualifying pace. It'll be interesting to see how they all compare on race pace tomorrow and if Mercedes still fare better in the race than on Saturday.

• Subscriber

A boring and underwhelming race but can't complain considering all the great races we had recently. Very happy for Seb; essentially it was the team strategy that gave him the undercut and the win here today but he drove a very calm and controlled race (not to mention a brilliant outlap) so good on him. 1-2 is definitely a great result for Ferrari especially considering that nobody expected them to do it on this circuit. 

Mercedes got their strategy completely wrong, didn't they? I think they speculated with an earlier safety car and didn't get the timing right as a result of that. 

Happy for Max getting the podium; I expected more from RB overall in Singapore but for him to finish ahead of both Mercedes is still a good result. Albon did ok; nothing too impressive but no mistakes either and he was able to keep up with the leaders for most of the race as well.
Gasly with a great race; it's good to see him doing well again in a Toro Rosso. That will be a huge boost for his confidence and I would still not rule him out form getting another chance at RB. 

Kimi :( 

• Subscriber

Giovinazzi has been given a 10s penalty for driving too close to the crane during the safety car phase. Doesn't change the outcome of the race as he finished 16s ahead of Grosjean anyway.

No further action for the drivers involved in Grosjean/Russel and Kvyat/Kimi incidents.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived