talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Club's Player Of The Season

football forum

Who has been given your* club's player of the season award?

Ours was announced yesterday before the match as it was our last home game and the winner was Derrick Williams. I voted for him as he has been one of the most consistent players for us this season. Mulgrew, Graham, Lenihan and Bennett are up there but their good form has been in spells far than over the whole season.

Our player of the season award has a bit of a curse, the winner usually leaves us the next season (Hanley, Rhodes and Cairney in recent seasons!) but I think Williams will stay and be first choice left back again next season.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Alex Cisak till he was banished from the team by the chairman, then it was Gavin Massey till he was banished from the team by the chairman, now there's few worthy candidates, though each and every one of the young lads who've played this season deserves some kind of recognition. 

21 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Zlatan, Bailly, and De Gea have been the top players for Man Utd this season with Herrera close fourth but De Gea stands out more. Great GK performances and the four defenders in front of him havent been consistent/different lineup makes it stand out more. Bailly has been quality, when available. Zlatan, the leading scorer, but he miss a lot too and he slowed the team tempo/didnt come down and help when needed.

Herrera is nailed on your best player 

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Got to be Kodija for us. 

Also who are Man United? I can't see them in the football league

Some of their players could be :ph34r:

I have no idea who ours is and haven't even bothered looking much less voted.  I would expect it would be Alexis Sánchez as he has been the only player worthy of a mention for us this season.

Everyone else has ranged from luke warm to freezing cold with some being absolutely garbage!

Aron Gunnarsson was awarded our player of the year award, but in all honesty they might as well hot shot of it this year and give all the awards to Neil Warnock.

It's no surprise that we looked a better team with Warnock at the helm, even turning Zohore from looking like he couldn't be remotely arsed and likely to leave the club to one of our best players this season.

David Wheater won it for us, richly deserved but there's also a special mention for Mark Beevers too. 

Both near-ever presents in the tightest defence across the Football League, Wheater scored 9 goals, Beevers scored 7. (Only Gary Madine scored more!) It's vital that we retain their services for next season - they have been integral to everything the club has achieved this year.

Josh Vela and Jay Spearing have both been immense, as has Gary Madine, the top goal scorer and key attacking threat - we haven't won a game this year when he hasn't played. Although, I'd argue that that is down to Parkinson's shortcomings in having zero alternative tactics than his preferred direct style.

I don't know if we're having any official awards, not heard anything about it.

I would give it to Ritchie, great player and you can certainly tell he absolutely loves the club, a type of player we've been lacking in recent years.

Shelvey has been up and down, has a poor attitude.

Aiden McGeady by a large distance. He has thrilled us with his, flair, creativity and wonder goals this season. A superb piece of loan business. Probably the easiest player of the season vote I've ever made. 

He might be the most talented and naturally gifted player that I've ever seen feature for us in my lifetime, ahead of Ricardo Fuller who was joy to watch for us but was more wasteful. 

Tom Clarke and Jordan Hugill deserve an honourable mention for their contributions this season as well. 

Archived