• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2019/2020 - Matchday 4 - Sep 13th-15th

football forum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Uff... a tough match but 3 points in the end; so relieved. I must say that the game got completely out of control though; with numerous interruptions, three penalties given (two of them very debatable), two red cards (still don't know what was the reason for Sahin's second yellow), a yellow card for Kohfeldt, and everyone falling down in the box and then running to the ref asking for a penalty/handball. Ridiculous really.

Gebre Selassie man of the match for me. So reliable, even when played out of position; did his job really well today. Him and Groß looked much better today than I expected them too; Lang and Friedl also more than decent. Klaassen finally back to his old self; running and fighting from the kick off till the final whistle, unbelievable work rate. A somewhat disappointing match for Osako and Johannes Eggestein, probably the result of the international matches. Bittencourt looks like he's been playing for Werder for a few years already, so good. Can't wait to see more of him, especially once most of our other key players are back.

A very important win; bring on Leipzig now.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Losing.

Yes, it was a very poor result for us today. We had more of the play and more shots but we didn't take our chances and our defending wasn't good either. I'd personally like one of Abraham or Hasebe replaced by one of the younger talented defenders like Toure or N'Dicka. But I thought we really missed Kostic today, his creativity and his crosses are key to our game. But we can't make too many excuses, we just didn't take our chances today and we were punished by Augsburg.

It's interesting to note that we also lost 2-1 to Augsburg last season, it seems like we don't like going there to play.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Uff... a tough match but 3 points in the end; so relieved. I must say that the game got completely out of control though; with numerous interruptions, three penalties given (two of them very debatable), two red cards (still don't know what was the reason for Sahin's second yellow), a yellow card for Kohfeldt, and everyone falling down in the box and then running to the ref asking for a penalty/handball. Ridiculous really.

Gebre Selassie man of the match for me. So reliable, even when played out of position; did his job really well today. Him and Groß looked much better today than I expected them too; Lang and Friedl also more than decent. Klaassen finally back to his old self; running and fighting from the kick off till the final whistle, unbelievable work rate. A somewhat disappointing match for Osako and Johannes Eggestein, probably the result of the international matches. Bittencourt looks like he's been playing for Werder for a few years already, so good. Can't wait to see more of him, especially once most of our other key players are back.

A very important win; bring on Leipzig now.

It sounds like it was a crazy game, well done on the 3 points though. That's a good away win under the circumstances. It seems like Werder played quite well despite all their injury troubles. It's good to hear that Klaassen is regaining form, he's the key player for me and if he starts playing well again, I think that bodes well in general for the team.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

It sounds like it was a crazy game, well done on the 3 points though. That's a good away win under the circumstances. It seems like Werder played quite well despite all their injury troubles. It's good to hear that Klaassen is regaining form, he's the key player for me and if he starts playing well again, I think that bodes well in general for the team.

To be fair, we didn't play that well but it was a hard fought win and it's admirable how committed everyone was... fighting for every ball and for every inch of the pitch, going in every challenge. It's a bit of a cliché but matches like these are a real test of character and attitude. In terms of actually playing football it was a pretty poor performance by both teams; we maybe tried a bit more going forward, made less mistakes and also had a bit more luck. I'm not complaining though; especially given how depleted our squad is and how the flow of the game was ruined by very poor refereeing. It's a pity we'll be now missing Sahin against Leipzig next week...

Sorry about Frankfurt losing; it's never easy playing Augsburg. A win would have been good today though, especially ahead of next week's matches against Arsenal and then BVB... 

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

A penalty and a goal for RB. Looked like minimal contact as well.

I'm not sure if I ever saw a worse referee in the Bundesliga than Sascha Stegemann. He is not qualified to be in this league and certainly not qualified to be used in matches like this. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I'm not sure if I ever saw a worse referee in the Bundesliga than Sascha Stegemann. He is not qualified to be in this league and certainly not qualified to be used in matches like this. 

I think the overall quality of refereeing leaves a lot to be desired... 

• Subscriber

Weird match probably a draw was the correct result in the end with a little better quality we could have squeaked out a win. RB came out alot stronger in the second half, we had the first. VAR had a part to play and finally made the correct call with a little bit of surprise. The penalty on Hernandez is a weird one it's clumsy for him to go in like that and there was contact but Poulson was looking to draw the foul the whole way I hate plays like that but it is what it is.

Just now, binder said:

Have not seen the Hoff this bad since that drunken floor burger video.

Good for Freiburg though, they really do epitomize that good honest kinda football club, right down to their manager driving his bike to work.

xD for the first line

:x for the second. Christian Streich is the coolest. Very intelligent man as well. The wisdom in his press conferences is off the charts. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived