Salford vs Cheltenham
Scunthorpe vs Morecambe
Stevenage vs Carlisle
Swindon vs Macclesfield
Walsall vs Bradford

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the fixtures come out, I looked at trying to see if it was possible to do Fulham v West Brom and QPR v Luton. It would have been a close one, I’d have had to leave Fulham a little bit before the end of the game to make QPR for kick-off but alas, I’m at a wedding that I totally forgot about so that put that idea to bed pretty quickly. 

Can see the pressure ramping up on Nathan Jones at Stoke and Paul Cook at Wigan should they lose their games this weekend. 

Hoping we can kick on and pick up some points now, we looked class against Derby and even though they were shit we ran them all over gaff. Thomas Frank has a choice to make, keep Watkins up top considering his form or put him in his favoured wide position and start Karelis.

Assuming we’ll go:

Benrahma - Watkins - Mbeumo 

Henry - Jensen - Norgaard - Canos

Pinnock - Jansson - Jeanvier

Raya

22 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Another goal for Nketiah for Leeds, seriously good goalscorer should have a very good career at the top level. Hopefully he can be good enough for us. 

What impresses me with Eddie is the lads movement. I mean, i expect naivety at his age but his runs off the ball are very intelligent.

Basically makes the goal with them. I also like for such a young lad, he carries a 'good arrogance'. Really believes in himself.

Very impressed. Long may it continue.

• Subscriber

Showed great team spirit again in our game to come back from 2-0 down to take it to a late draw. Would have preferred the 3 points but we did bloody well to come back. We seem to be having a season so far where we play much better in the second half than the first. It was the opposite last year and we were throwing victories and draws away so I'll take this!

No topic for tonight's games, so I'll pop it here. But we looked fucking excellent tonight - we could have been three up before half time. Wonderful attacking football from a group of castoffs who have known each other for a couple of weeks, just stunning. Very, very worthy of a point, if not all three. 

Bring on Sunderland!

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Pig on the Wing said:

No topic for tonight's games, so I'll pop it here. But we looked fucking excellent tonight - we could have been three up before half time. Wonderful attacking football from a group of castoffs who have known each other for a couple of weeks, just stunning. Very, very worthy of a point, if not all three. 

Bring on Sunderland!

It's because @Stan thinks the EFL is just the Championship :D

Disappointed that Grimsby couldn't beat Salford. Salford looked extremely poor for the majority of the game which made it worse. We had a goal ruled out too which could have been the momentum we needed to turn another loss into a point or 3.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Stan said:

:( I'd just got back from holiday and didn't realise til late that there were EFL games!

I didn't even notice there wasn't a thread so... I could have done it myself if I'd have noticed.

We're basically doing it already but might it be worth formalising these topics into a straight Friday-Thursday with all the fixtures for that week in them? League 1 / 2 only midweeks are always going to be quiet but at least there is somewhere for it to go that way. Also stops the weekend chats dying quickly when midweek Championship rounds are on.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, tlr said:

We're basically doing it already but might it be worth formalising these topics into a straight Friday-Thursday with all the fixtures for that week in them? League 1 / 2 only midweeks are always going to be quiet but at least there is somewhere for it to go that way. Also stops the weekend chats dying quickly when midweek Championship rounds are on.

Usually the thread is there on time even if there's no Championship games. Just this one mishap!

Kept separate at the moment so that the fixture threads don't become too bulky (potentially 70 fixtures all in one thread (if full programmes weekends and weekdays)). 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Usually the thread is there on time even if there's no Championship games. Just this one mishap!

Kept separate at the moment so that the fixture threads don't become too bulky (potentially 70 fixtures all in one thread (if full programmes weekends and weekdays)). 

Fair enough, certain we had one back in August too so I was beginning to think standards were declining. Perhaps we need Leicester back down so it gets the attention it deserves :ph34r:

Do understand there'd be a shit ton in there, but given a typical full schedule usually only gets 15-20 replies anyway I don't think it would be too bad. Only tends to be a dozen or so regulars in these chats. 

6 hours ago, Stan said:

I promise I wasn't having a go!! 

(Valencia looks fit by the way)

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Pig on the Wing said:

I promise I wasn't having a go!! 

(Valencia looks fit by the way)

I'm taking that as I look fit in Valencia so cheers buddy. Congrats on your engagement by the way! Hoping for a TF365-inspired wedding... 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived