talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Black Mirror

football forum

• Subscriber

Anyone given this a watch on Netflix? Quite a decent series of stand alone episodes based on near future possible technology, some of it is quite frightening in that you could see some of it happening.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...
  • Administrator

went to watch the new series on Netflix last night then realised I hadn't finished series 3 xD

Got a couple of days off next week so will probably watch the new stuff then. 

Brilliant programme though - so much creativity in it. Must be quite difficult to perfect.

• Administrator
On 30/12/2017 at 9:32 PM, Cicero said:

Depends on the person. Especially the last 5 minutes.  

One of those episodes, however brilliant, not something I want to watch again. 

yeah okay that was bad. Thank you for the warning!

Brilliant in its own way.

I didn't enjoy the space episode.

Hang the DJ was great and the first one I have watched of season 4, but it was actually happy like San Junipero. I much prefer the bleak, miserable episodes. 

White Bear and White Christmas are my joint favourites, followed up by Shut up and Dance, if only for the magical, magical use of Radiohead's 'Exit Music (For a Film)' in the last 5 minutes. I look forward to Black Museum, I hear that is REALLY dark.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Hang the DJ was great and the first one I have watched of season 4, but it was actually happy like San Junipero. I much prefer the bleak, miserable episodes. 

White Bear and White Christmas are my joint favourites, followed up by Shut up and Dance, if only for the magical, magical use of Radiohead's 'Exit Music (For a Film)' in the last 5 minutes. I look forward to Black Museum, I hear that is REALLY dark.

Gets quite dark at points, yes. Nice twist if you don't see the predictability of it to be honest. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wouldn't say dark, just sort of fucked up.

As far as the predictability aspect, I'm sure many people were wondering how that man got away with what he did with those people.

I meant the girl being the serial killer's daughter as the spoiler

On 1/2/2018 at 7:20 PM, Cicero said:

If I were to rank them, 

1. Hang the DJ

2. Black Museum

3. USS Calister

4. Crocodile

5. Metal Head

6. Arkangel 

Just finished watching this season last night and today and I would rank them in the same order funny enough... Thought Hang the DJ was great viewing. Some very clever writing in this.. I will have to check out the previous seasons now.. 

On 07/01/2018 at 8:44 PM, Bluewolf said:

Just finished watching this season last night and today and I would rank them in the same order funny enough... Thought Hang the DJ was great viewing. Some very clever writing in this.. I will have to check out the previous seasons now.

I highly recommend you do. Start from season 1 and watch chronologically - I feel that that the first two seasons, free from American influence, are mostly much better.

Generally, I feel these episodes are more thought-provoking, gentle nudges showing what could happen in a near, alternate future, rather than the latter two seasons' 'BLAAARGH TECHNOLOGY WILL KILL US ALL' overtone. 

• Subscriber

Just the last one to go. Was going to watch it tonight but haven't got round to it. My reviews so far...

USS Callister - really enjoyed it, impressed me the cast they manage to get in for such a relatively obscure series of one off episodes. Ending was slightly predictable but Aaron Paul was amusing.

Arkangel - creeped me out a bit because you can see so many people taking the same route as the mother did in this, and that sort of creepy you can see it being possible uneasiness is why I watch Black Mirror. I enjoyed it but thought it was a bit similar to a few others they've done.

Crocodile - was expecting something mind fucky here after what I've read on here and heard from friends but didn't find it as dark as I expected. Bit disappointed in this one to be honest. Probably desensitized to the worst part by Game of Thrones and Walking Dead and previous Black Mirrors.

Hang the DJ - quality, love the episodes where the big reveal at the end is like a "punchline " and the two main characters were really likeable.

Metal Head - enjoyed this for the tension and the thriller value. The story was a bit meh but I enjoyed it for what it was.

21 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

I highly recommend you do. Start from season 1 and watch chronologically - I feel that that the first two seasons, free from American influence, are mostly much better.

Generally, I feel these episodes are more thought-provoking, gentle nudges showing what could happen in a near, alternate future, rather than the latter two seasons' 'BLAAARGH TECHNOLOGY WILL KILL US ALL' overtone. 

I will give them a watch when I am off shift next... 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived