talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Black Mirror

football forum

• Subscriber

Striking Vipers I enjoyed, got me thinking a lot about the psychology of sex and attraction on some different levels.

The taxi one I found really gripping as a flat out hour of television but it wasn't really much of a Black Mirror episode so I see why people didn't like it.

The Ashley O one was mildly funny in parts but overall just a bit silly. Wouldn't call it bad but it didn't really land.

Overall definitely below average as far as Black Mirror goes but still enjoyed the three episodes.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Striking Vipers I enjoyed, got me thinking a lot about the psychology of sex and attraction on some different levels.

The taxi one I found really gripping as a flat out hour of television but it wasn't really much of a Black Mirror episode so I see why people didn't like it.

The Ashley O one was mildly funny in parts but overall just a bit silly. Wouldn't call it bad but it didn't really land.

Overall definitely below average as far as Black Mirror goes but still enjoyed the three episodes.

I'd agree with that. The third one had a decent idea behind it, but they should have done better with it. Disapppointing season overall. SS Callister autoplayed after I watched the third...now that is a proper, good old, fucked up episode of Black Mirror xD

Just watched Striking Vipers, very good episode. I always try to guess what they are about, and I just assumed it was about a population without white people since there aren't any in the episode, but nope, a totally different concept. 

Definitely one of the ones that I'll remember, fantastic watch. 

So none of the episodes are connected, right? I could just start with the last season and watch random episodes sporadically without missing anything of the story, right? 

24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So none of the episodes are connected, right? I could just start with the last season and watch random episodes sporadically without missing anything of the story, right? 

Correct. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Correct but I'd start with a better season if I were you.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Tommy said:

There are a few little Easter eggs throughout that link the odd episode to another one but basically correct. I'd still start from season one personally.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

There are a few little Easter eggs throughout that link the odd episode to another one but basically correct. I'd still start from season one personally.

The problem is a lot of people are put off by the first episode xD

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished season 1 last night, gods be praised! Working on my list now. 

Liked all episodes. The build-up for episode 2 "Fifteen Million Merits" was so good, but I thought it ended somewhat anticlimactic. The actress who played Abi Khan was drop dead gorgeous though, jesus christ. Episode 3 was really great too. 

Starting with Season 2 tonight. 

• Administrator

Finally got round to watching all 3 new ones.

Miley Cyrus one (Rachel, Jack & Ashley Too) was decent but ended up predictable. Didn't think there was any use in the police chase towards the end. Think I was just perhaps bored by that point xD 

Smithereens was better. Thought they could have got better coppers though. Minor point, mind. Another episode that depicts the real world in terms of us all being warped by our phones. We're all guilty of it - watching the world go by as our eyes are glued to a 6-inch piece of technology.

Striking Vipers started off a bit slow then got interesting quite quickly. Scary to think we're probably not that far away from shit like that happening when it comes to virtual reality. Made me laugh when Karl was saying he fucked a polar bear though xD 

Watched the USS Callister episode last night. BRILLIANT! And I was right. Aaron Paul had a small cameo in this, just in a speaking role:

Recognized the voice right away xD Nobody swears like Aaron Paul. 

• 2 years later...

Archived