• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Black Mirror

football forum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

The new Black Mirror is apparently a "choose your own adventure" type film which some people might like but for me it seems like it's going to be less of a viewing experience. I want fucked up scenarios presented to me rather than me having to piece together a story which would be the most enjoyable. It's too much of a gimmick. And I'm gonna feel the need to see every possibility.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The new Black Mirror is apparently a "choose your own adventure" type film which some people might like but for me it seems like it's going to be less of a viewing experience. I want fucked up scenarios presented to me rather than me having to piece together a story which would be the most enjoyable. It's too much of a gimmick. And I'm gonna feel the need to see every possibility.

Apparently doesn't even work on some Smart TVs anyway xD 

I'll still give it a watch and try out the different scenarious but I want a programme to do the work for me while I relax and get engrossed in it, not necessarily where I have the control over how it progresses or concludes.

However, I do and can appreciate that there must have been a lot of work gone in to it. It's complicated enough in some of the episodes so no doubt there's bound to be so much more to take in for each of the different scenarios. 

I enjoyed it. I royally fucked up this bloke's life xD

Small issue was having only 10 seconds to choose between scenarios. Would prefer more time or the ability to pause, however it wasn't that big of a deal as I assume it is all part of the experience, thinking on your feet. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrator

@Eco My Favourite episodes:

• The Entire History of You (S1 Ep 3)
  • Shut Up And Dance
  • Hang The DJ
  • Arkangel
  • Black Museum
  • Crocodile 
  • Metalhead

Apart from the first one on the list, the rest are in any order.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

• Shut Up And Dance
  • Hang The DJ
  • Arkangel
  • Black Museum
  • Crocodile 
  • Metalhead

It's been an insane week, but I'm definitely going to pick this back up again this weekend. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

• Shut Up And Dance
  • Hang The DJ
  • Arkangel
  • Black Museum
  • Crocodile 
  • Metalhead

No White Bear? That's number 1 for me.

Shut Up and Dance, Hang the DJ, and San Junipero are probably my favourites.

The others are a bit of a mixed bag. Crocodile, Arkangel, Playtest, Hated in the Nation, Be Right Back (Hayley Atwell :x), The Entire History of You would all be in the tier below of my favourites. Decent watches.

The rest I couldn't get into but what I find with Black Mirror is that ones you don't like, other people do and so forth. @...Dan likes White Bear for example which I couldn't get into.

Which reminds me, I haven't seen the latest episode, will need to give that a watch soon.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

1st was good. 2nd was shit. 3rd will give a watch tonight 

'Striking Vipers'

That was such a weird one to watch, Just proving the point that when you move from reality to virtual reality then there are seriously no boundaries that can't and won't be crossed using that technology... 

• Subscriber

I think I watched Striking Vipers last. I did the Ashley O episode first, then the taxi guy one, and the VR one last night. 

Netflix apparently puts them in an order depending on your preferences?

Archived