• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle - Saturday 14th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think @SirBalon was right... Firmino isn't worth £28m.

Hes worth about £128m :D

I still maintain that at the prices that were being used at the time of the signing of Firmino for Liverpool. Firmino's success is more of an enlargement and expansion of Jürgen Klopp's legacy and career. He is a football philosopher just like Guardiola and has an idea which he makes a team believe in. Cruyff himself used to say to players that if they genuinely believed in what he was dreaming up that they would become great footballers.

• Subscriber

We have two of the best Brazilians playing football currently and I don't think that's a stretch either. Bobby came on and it's Joga time. 

His touch is so deft not only does it beat defenders it also puts the ball at the attackers foot making it so much more easier to convert to a goal. 

Firmino is just brilliant and gets better each season, He's one of the least selfish strikers iv ever seen. Always has his head up looking for the pass even when he could shoot and score himself and thats what makes him so important to this team. I would love to see him up there in the scoring charts with ageuro and kane as the highest scoring strikers at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

On my jollies at the minute so didn't watch it. Just seen the highlights.

Shelvey for that 3rd Liverpool goal :4_joy: I think it's time to retire mate. 

I thought Shelvey had a decent game tbh. He was often at the centre of good moments.

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The refereeing and VAR in this match was as bad as it gets. What's the point of VAR if it cant overrule a shit incompetent fool?

The question is what is a clear and obvious error? Like if you had 100 refs watching the footage, what level of consensus would need to be reached to overturn the referees original call?

6 hours ago, Harry said:

The question is what is a clear and obvious error? Like if you had 100 refs watching the footage, what level of consensus would need to be reached to overturn the referees original call?

Mate, the defender had Matip round the neck and dragged him down. Doesn't get too much "clear and obvious" than that! 

• The topic was unpinned
On 14/09/2019 at 23:52, Harry said:

Give over. That's as clear a penalty as you will ever see. If a referee on the pitch, along with one behind the cameras, cant come to the right decision then I cant fathom one bit why VAR is being employed? 

Load of shite and it's being proven time and time again, in almost every match. 

Yeah, my initial thoughts of "VAR will be good" are quickly evaporating. So many mistakes so far with it, and most of them have been absolutely clear fouls/ incidents. Ridiculous that the people in the box are that inept that they can't even make the most simple decisions. So yeah, I'm starting to lean towards a "fuck VAR off" mindset.

33 minutes ago, Rick said:

Yeah, my initial thoughts of "VAR will be good" are quickly evaporating. So many mistakes so far with it, and most of them have been absolutely clear fouls/ incidents. Ridiculous that the people in the box are that inept that they can't even make the most simple decisions. So yeah, I'm starting to lean towards a "fuck VAR off" mindset.

I think the VAR ref is only following the guidelines they've been told to though aren't they? 

The whole thing is ridiculous. The VAR ref won't overturn a wrong decision the match ref has made and the match ref won't make big calls any longer because they can hide behind VAR

Archived