• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Norwich 3-2 Man City - Saturday 14th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Really isn’t. You’re not a run of the mill title winning side, you’re going to be pushing 90 points again whoever wins. I don’t think you’ll slow down and I do think a 5 point gap this early on is absolutely golden for you.

I don't doubt we'll be close at the end of the season but it's five games in! xD Man City are well capable of putting together long winning runs as they've shown under Guardiola multiple times. It's what won them the title last season.

Technically it's still in City's hands anyway.. 

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Ridiculous to be saying things like this after five games.

It is. You could draw at the bridge next week and City will be 3 points behind. And you two still haven’t met yet, including other top 6 sides. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It is. You could draw at the bridge next week and City will be 3 points behind. And you two still haven’t met yet, including other top 6 sides. 

Yeah, j mean obviously us and City are massive favourites to win the league over everyone else. But to say its ours to lose at this stage is plain bonkers xD

19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's what they're desperate to say mate. It's funny xD

Why would I be desperate to say you’ve bottled it? You can take your tin hat off mate it’s just a football forum :clown:

Yeah if you suddenly lose Van Dijk for half a season that might change things but you just steamroll through teams,  barely come out of first gear and you’re 2-3 goals up. Teams who are capable of 90+ points can have the league tied up by Christmas, I don’t think you’ll have it tied up that early like we’ve seen City do before or Mourinho do as with City around as they’ll probably run you close to the end of the season but getting 5 points head start so early into the season is massive when you’re a once in a generation type side 

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why would I be desperate to say you’ve bottled it? You can take your tin hat off mate it’s just a football forum :clown:

Yeah if you suddenly lose Van Dijk for half a season that might change things but you just steamroll through teams,  barely come out of first gear and you’re 2-3 goals up. Teams who are capable of 90+ points can have the league tied up by Christmas, I don’t think you’ll have it tied up that early like we’ve seen City do before or Mourinho do as with City around as they’ll probably run you close to the end of the season but getting 5 points head start so early into the season is massive when you’re a once in a generation type side 

That's a much more balanced assessment mate. I just took issue with saying its ours to lose this early into the season. Think that's proper stretching it.

Look fuck it maybe I’m bigging you lot up too soon but this Liverpool side are borderline unbelievable and I think you have more hunger to win the title just based on the fact you’re yet to win it and City have done it twice in a row now, but these points you’re winning now are so valuable to a team that need to be hitting close to 100 points to win the league and the fact you’ve got a 5 point head start is massive regardless of how many games there are to go. If you could get away with winning the league around the 85 point mark then yeah it’d be far too soon to mention anything as there’d be so many points to drop but I also don’t think you’re gunna suffer the same run of form as you did last season around Jan time to effectively lose the title. You lost the CL to dodgy goals the next season you went into the final and played out a boring 1-0 win.

Last season you fell apart momentarily but I don’t think you’re going to allow that to happen this season, especially as you don’t need to focus on Europe this season

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Look fuck it maybe I’m bigging you lot up too soon but this Liverpool side are borderline unbelievable and I think you have more hunger to win the title just based on the fact you’re yet to win it and City have done it twice in a row now, but these points you’re winning now are so valuable to a team that need to be hitting close to 100 points to win the league and the fact you’ve got a 5 point head start is massive regardless of how many games there are to go. If you could get away with winning the league around the 85 point mark then yeah it’d be far too soon to mention anything as there’d be so many points to drop but I also don’t think you’re gunna suffer the same run of form as you did last season around Jan time to effectively lose the title. You lost the CL to dodgy goals the next season you went into the final and played out a boring 1-0 win.

Last season you fell apart momentarily but I don’t think you’re going to allow that to happen this season, especially as you don’t need to focus on Europe this season

I will admit there does seem to be a relentless hunger within us this season that I've not seen in years and years. I think every other competition goes out of the window this year because it looks to me like Klopp really wants that league title. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I will admit there does seem to be a relentless hunger within us this season that I've not seen in years and years. I think every other competition goes out of the window this year because it looks to me like Klopp really wants that league title. 

I don't think he thinks like that, certainly not towards Europe. The League Cup and FA Cup will be more of the same team selections we've seen in those competitions in recent years, which I'm fine with. The Champions League will still be just as important.

7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think he thinks like that, certainly not towards Europe. The League Cup and FA Cup will be more of the same team selections we've seen in those competitions in recent years, which I'm fine with. The Champions League will still be just as important.

Not sure myself?! 

Obviously the CL will be a priority but I just have this feeling that Klopp is going all out for the league, for the fans as much as anything. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not sure myself?! 

Obviously the CL will be a priority but I just have this feeling that Klopp is going all out for the league, for the fans as much as anything. 

People were suggesting that he would or should do that last season though. He didn't need to prioritise one over the other because we could cope with both a title challenge and going far in Europe

12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

People were suggesting that he would or should do that last season though. He didn't need to prioritise one over the other because we could cope with both a title challenge and going far in Europe

Just a feeling I have. Probably wrong but hey ho. 

8 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's not though. This side has won 14 league games on the bounce. If you can't talk a side up knowing this, knowing what they did last season, when can you? No one is going to say 'we'll win it' at this stage but you're allowed to think we'll be there or there abouts again

I'm arguing against his assertion we're the favorites not city. They are defending champs, have a deeper list and we're only 5 games in 

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

People will say this now so they can go 'lol Liverpool bottled it again lol' if we don't win the league

Exactly mate! Many would be happy to assert that and probably the knives will come out if we drop points next week... 

It's great we're in front but I think that's a lead we will need if we're going to run close come the end of the season.

It shows how far Citeh have come when HB now actually reacts like the fan of a successful club rather than some bitter tart like he used to.

Sadly I think Liverpool will win the title this season as '30 years after their last win' has a certain ring to it. I think they are genuinely more likely than Citeh to win it especially as Citeh's one good centreback is injured for 3 or 4 months

Archived