talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Norwich 3-2 Man City - Saturday 14th September, 2019

football forum

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Pep's just trying to making the league a challenge :ph34r:   ..who's  this Mount kid? will he play much? got him in my fantasy team

He is like a young Pogba only with talent and skill, playing time for sure, not sure how much though, When CHO & Reuben Loftus-Cheek are back and fully fit I expect he will be rotated around a bit but very much in the plans for this season.. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He is like a young Pogba only with talent and skill, playing time for sure, not sure how much though, When CHO & Reuben Loftus-Cheek are back and fully fit I expect he will be rotated around a bit but very much in the plans for this season.. 

:8_laughing:   ..happy with the 7pts he got me today but he better keep it up or he's out on his ear!

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Have we honestly got to the stage where people think Mason mount is better than world cup winning paul pogba? 

Yep. Give me the choice who I'd rather have at Liverpool, id choose Mount over Pogba every day. Pogba is shit.

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep. Give me the choice who I'd rather have at Liverpool, id choose Mount over Pogba every day. Pogba is shit.

I sometimes wonder whether you really like or watch football. You just seem to rehash the latest fashionable trend.

Pogba is far from shit, despite what sky sports may tell you. Mount is a promising talent and may well prove to be top class but with 5 games gone I hope he is more humble than his cheerleaders seem to be. 

15 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I sometimes wonder whether you really like or watch football. You just seem to rehash the latest fashionable trend.

Pogba is far from shit, despite what sky sports may tell you. Mount is a promising talent and may well prove to be top class but with 5 games gone I hope he is more humble than his cheerleaders seem to be. 

I dont give a fuck what you wonder. I've got eyes, and they tell me Pogba is shit. I trust my eyes more than I trust you. 

Given the choice I'd take Mount (potential is miles higher) over Pogba (who is a dabbling cunt) everyday. 

Not fucking arsed one bit if you think I don't watch football based on my opinions to be honest. You're not exactly the most popular member yourself, so maybe you should have a cup of shut the fuck up? :hh:

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Mount is a promising talent and may well prove to be top class but with 5 games gone I hope he is more humble than his cheerleaders seem to be. 

Cheerleaders.. I like that xD

I don't think anyone is saying Mount or Abraham or any of our youth are of world class status but we have been waiting a good few years to see some of this talent emerge and get game time in the first team and due to some misfortune with the transfer ban a very unique opportunity has come about where some of this potential talent are getting games on a regular basis and so far they have responded to it in a very positive manner... It won't mean that they will always be having good games and I am sure being young they will make their fair share of mistakes along the way so for the duration of time it lasts let us have our cake and eat it... It's been a long time coming... 

• Subscriber

Liverpool the favourites for me now. I know it's too early but the top two drop points so infrequently that this is really quite significant. Man City looking very dodgy at the back without Laporte as feared.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

I thought Norwich were too naive and were stupid to play their style of football in the Premier League?

Okay, I'll bite. Norwich got a lot of criticism for their performance at Liverpool and rightly so, because they looked decent going forward but wide open when their opponent's came at them. Tonight's performance was completely different. They were compact and resolute around their own penalty area and clinical on the break. Completely different performance to the one at Anfield which they quite rightly got slated for after playing into Liverpool's hands.

Once or twice tonight at most they allowed City a 3 v 2 attacking situation against them whereas against Liverpool they allowed that about twenty times in the first half. They've adapted their game plan against the top six (top two) since their first try against Liverpool so I don't think its valid to throw this result back at people who criticised them for that performance.

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I dont give a fuck what you wonder. I've got eyes, and they tell me Pogba is shit. I trust my eyes more than I trust you. 

Given the choice I'd take Mount (potential is miles higher) over Pogba (who is a dabbling cunt) everyday. 

Not fucking arsed one bit if you think I don't watch football based on my opinions to be honest. You're not exactly the most popular member yourself, so maybe you should have a cup of shut the fuck up? :hh:

'cup of shut the fuck up'... Fucking hell. Who am I even talking to here. 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Liverpool the favourites for me now. I know it's too early but the top two drop points so infrequently that this is really quite significant. Man City looking very dodgy at the back without Laporte as feared.

It really really is.... 

I think there's still way too much unknown to make a call, injuries in particular.

And to be fair to city we've looked dodgy at the back too without Alison, and our dearth of clean sheets is proof of that.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

It really really is.... 

I think there's still way too much unknown to make a call, injuries in particular.

And to be fair to city we've looked dodgy at the back too without Alison, and our dearth of clean sheets is proof of that.

Tbf today I thought Liverpool looked pretty solid. Judging from MOTD the only reason for the lack of a clean sheet was Willems' thunderbastard out of nowhere. 

The Napoli game is probably a better indication of how they're doing though. 

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Tbf today I thought Liverpool looked pretty solid. Judging from MOTD the only reason for the lack of a clean sheet was Willems' thunderbastard out of nowhere. 

The Napoli game is probably a better indication of how they're doing though. 

Trent was caught out pretty bad on that goal though. Without a doubt better defending and that goal does not happen.

You could even argue Adrian could have done more about it.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Trent was caught out pretty bad on that goal though. Without a doubt better defending and that goal does not happen.

You could even argue Adrian could have done more about it.

I think Van Dijk is mostly at fault for their goal. Intially played their lad onside and he should probably be on Joelinton I think it was which would have allowed Matip to cover the other one. Don't think there was much Trent could have done about stopping him shooting, it's just good play. What's the keeper meant to do about that? 

This is going to be Liverpool’s year ain’t it? Two league titles in a row for City, bit of complacency, Champions League being the competition they’ll desperately want. Liverpool seem to have that hunger and consistency early on that breeds a title winning side. Judging on last seasons point tallies neither team can really get that much better so it comes down to who’s more likely to drop off...

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Danny said:

This is going to be Liverpool’s year ain’t it? Two league titles in a row for City, bit of complacency, Champions League being the competition they’ll desperately want. Liverpool seem to have that hunger and consistency early on that breeds a title winning side. Judging on last seasons point tallies neither team can really get that much better so it comes down to who’s more likely to drop off...

Liverpool winning the Premier League in September? That's pretty much every month they've got ticked off now, just May to go.

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Okay, I'll bite. Norwich got a lot of criticism for their performance at Liverpool and rightly so, because they looked decent going forward but wide open when their opponent's came at them. Tonight's performance was completely different. They were compact and resolute around their own penalty area and clinical on the break. Completely different performance to the one at Anfield which they quite rightly got slated for after playing into Liverpool's hands.

Once or twice tonight at most they allowed City a 3 v 2 attacking situation against them whereas against Liverpool they allowed that about twenty times in the first half. They've adapted their game plan against the top six (top two) since their first try against Liverpool so I don't think its valid to throw this result back at people who criticised them for that performance.

Nice post mate.

I didn't even see the game so my opinion doesn't really have much to stand on anyway, the post was made more in jest.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Way too early to talk us up. Please don't. We have no depth mate. Cities second 11 is still a title contending team.. Injuries are likely to happen to all teams. Given out list we are more likely to be brought undone by that than city will be

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Way too early to talk us up. Please don't. We have no depth mate. Cities second 11 is still a title contending team.. Injuries are likely to happen to all teams. Given out list we are more likely to be brought undone by that than city will be

It's not though. This side has won 14 league games on the bounce. If you can't talk a side up knowing this, knowing what they did last season, when can you? No one is going to say 'we'll win it' at this stage but you're allowed to think we'll be there or there abouts again

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

At the very least it’s yours to lose now

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Ridiculous to be saying things like this after five games.

Really isn’t. You’re not a run of the mill title winning side, you’re going to be pushing 90 points again whoever wins. I don’t think you’ll slow down and I do think a 5 point gap this early on is absolutely golden for you.

Archived