Head to Head
Bournemouth - 2 wins
Draws - 2
Everton - 8 wins

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Cursed fixture for us. Think we've had a pair of 3-3s down there in which we led both by two goals at one point. Last season went 2-0 up and drew 2-2. All things being equal we should really beat them so that should be our aim. I fear that their pace-heavy attack will exploit our main weakness in defence though, the lack of a really pacey centre half.

• Subscriber
On 12/09/2019 at 13:40, RandoEFC said:

Cursed fixture for us. Think we've had a pair of 3-3s down there in which we led both by two goals at one point. Last season went 2-0 up and drew 2-2. All things being equal we should really beat them so that should be our aim. I fear that their pace-heavy attack will exploit our main weakness in defence though, the lack of a really pacey centre half.

Genuinely believe you'll can take them this time around. I think like the Lincoln game you'll concede first but then find the rhythm required to put a few past them as well.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Do any of the Everton fans rate Calvert-Lewin? He's a noticeably hard worker but he just seems so utterly ordinary. You need better than that.

I am unmatched by literally anybody for this.

1-1. Calvert-Lewin.

• Subscriber

1-1 lovely cross from Richarlison for Calvert-Lewin to head home.

Bournemouth definitely edged that half, so going in level is a bit of a let off, we need to be better in the second half. Sigurdsson and Iwobi very quiet as was Dom aside from that goal. I think we can target their right back more with Digne overlapping.

• Subscriber

Bournemouth should have done better there. Everton's big issue stems from the fact that whenever the ball is around the box its a forced attempt at a cross or a shot when they really should be forcing Bournemouth to step up and make mistakes. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Do any of the Everton fans rate Calvert-Lewin? He's a noticeably hard worker but he just seems so utterly ordinary. You need better than that.

Last season he was good at holding the ball up and bringing others into play, had a decent scoring run in the second half of the season at one point. This season he has lacked confidence in front of goal and that seems to be affecting his general play. He's not ready to lead the line and will probably never be a first choice striker for us but he's also only 21 and has shown enough signs of potential and progress not to totally write him off. I expect Kean will be ahead of him in the pecking order for most of the rest of the season.

• Subscriber

Everything we improved on throughout last season has gone out the window today. Not really good enough in any department. Keane and Mina absolutely lost their heads in the second half. Wilson has had a field day as will Vardy, Rashford, Aubameyang and the rest because they have no pace between them.

We were starting to take control at 1-1 then a daft challenge from Richarlison and a ridiculous own goal from Delph and we've crumbled. Happens all too often on the road and it's the biggest (not only) thing which at this rate will leave us in another tedious crap for 7th with Leicester.

Next two are must win.

• The title was changed to Bournemouth 3-1 Everton - Sunday 15th September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived