talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Watford 2-2 Arsenal - Sunday 15th September, 2019

football forum

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I'm a bit confused. If he is a fantastic coach and the squad is unbalanced then is getting rid of him the answer?

I just think we need to start from the bottom upwards and really do something radical in terms of bringing in youth and not signing more players. Maybe a coach that's connected with the club, knows the club inside out with fresh ideas.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I just think we need to start from the bottom upwards and really do something radical in terms of bringing in youth and not signing more players. Maybe a coach that's connected with the club, knows the club inside out with fresh ideas.

Not personally sure that would work but maybe. I think with the infrastructure at the club it would really take a great manager to get us to be regular title contenders. I just don't think it will happen with kronke in charge. 

• The title was changed to Watford 2-2 Arsenal - Sunday 15th September, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Wenger's Arsenal was better. If Emery's contract is up at the end of this season, I suspect this is his last season at Arsenal. He was brought in to steady the ship. Instead things are, at best, exactly the same as they were before.

No idea who a better for Arsenal would be... but honestly I'd be pretty tempted with Norwich's Farke.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wenger's Arsenal was better. If Emery's contract is up at the end of this season, I suspect this is his last season at Arsenal. He was brought in to steady the ship. Instead things are, at best, exactly the same as they were before.

No idea who a better for Arsenal would be... but honestly I'd be pretty tempted with Norwich's Farke.

Not sure if would go with farke. Maybe jardim of he is available.

Just now, Cicero said:

If Arsenal lose 10-2 on aggregate to Bayern, then yes Emery is worse than Wenger 

He is better in Europe. But no real noticeable difference in the league yet

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

If Arsenal lose 10-2 on aggregate to Bayern, then yes Emery is worse than Wenger 

Nah look at their records as Arsenal manager. One's a legend, the other's some guy who came into right the ship and didn't right the ship.

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

He is better in Europe. But no real noticeable difference in the league yet

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah look at their records as Arsenal manager. One's a legend, the other's some guy who came into right the ship and didn't right the ship.

Emery hasn’t improved nor worsen Arsenal. For all we know Tierney and Bellerin back could be a massive boost. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be honest up until his last couple of seasons we would have struggled to get a better manager I think. To be honest there are lots of issues at arsenal. Had klopp come to us a few years ago instead of you I don't think he would have the same success as he has at Liverpool

Emery is a cup manager. Even with Sevilla he seemed to do well in Europe but poorly in the league. If Arsenal want to improve in the league, then Emery is not the man.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest up until his last couple of seasons we would have struggled to get a better manager I think. To be honest there are lots of issues at arsenal. Had klopp come to us a few years ago instead of you I don't think he would have the same success as he has at Liverpool

I'm not so sure. If you look at the squad before Klopp came in (and even before that... before Rodgers came in)… I'm not sure Arsenal have ever had as shit of a squad as we did. So I think he might have had an easier time with you, tbh. Although the way Kroenke backs Arsenal is questionable, so maybe not.

Kind of impossible to tell, there's some similarities between our two clubs and the respective falls from grace - but also a lot of differences.

9 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Emery is a cup manager. Even with Sevilla he seemed to do well in Europe but poorly in the league. If Arsenal want to improve in the league, then Emery is not the man.

That was a concern I had when he came in. Even with PSG he didn't win the league every year. Have to see what happens. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's a shout and a half. Love their football under him. Needs to have Norwich pretty comfortably safe though for me. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's a shout and a half. Love their football under him. Needs to have Norwich pretty comfortably safe though for me. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

Would rather have a manager who is more proven at a higher level. If we could convince Allegri to come here that would be amazing.

Archived