The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 14th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Add Wan Bissaka being doubtful and this will be awfully tough for United to get a result.  Expect most United fans would settle for a point if it was on offer before kickoff. 

xD is he actually? This is unbelievable.

How are you getting this many injuries? I don't think we've got a single player unavailable.

We seem to get a lot less injuries than most teams.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

xD is he actually? This is unbelievable.

How are you getting this many injuries? I don't think we've got a single player unavailable.

We seem to get a lot less injuries than most teams.

I have often wondered why United get so many injuries.   It seems to be going on for a decade or so.  The times we used Carrick at CB or Jones or one of the Brazilian twins as a midfielder, not to mention Young as a fullback.

Either our training methods are wrong or the pitch they play on or train on is inadequate.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I have often wondered why United get so many injuries.   It seems to be going on for a decade or so.  The times we used Carrick at CB or Jones or one of the Brazilian twins as a midfielder, not to mention Young as a fullback.

Either our training methods are wrong or the pitch they play on or train on is inadequate.

You can be unlucky over shorter periods but Man Utd and Arsenal in-particular (certainly under Wenger) always seem to have a load of injuries and loads of Arsenal fans were whinging that we never seemed to get any when we won the league.

This seems to still be the case - we don't really get many at all. There's more than just luck involved if it's over a long time period.

• Subscriber

I know its fashionable to bash United and they have a lot of injuries but it truly beggars all sort of belief that they've spent almost as much as City if not more building this squad and you have Young, Pereira, Matic, Lindelof and Mata starting games and more than half the bench made up of youth team players.

27 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Quite a young bench United have today, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Tunazbe plus Jones and Fred. I know we have injuries, but you would think with all the money we spend, we would have more depth. 

This is really where Ole's gone though. Letting some more experienced players move on and planning more faith in the younger players. I think Ole's intending to trim it down a bit so the next manager will not have to deal with a bloated wage bill and there'll be more scope to recruit

Tammy Abraham a diamond in the rough? I remember when he was rated by Bristol fans, but looks like he's beginning to hit his peak.

England have so much talent for 2022. The depth is just growing on them now.

0-3 up against Wolves at half. 

Setting up to be a tactical masterclass from Lampard. Not creating much, but we look very comfortable given we've nullified Wolves' strengths. 

Wonder strike from Tomori and Tammy can't stop scoring now. 

5 games. 8 goals from our youth. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived