talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 14th September, 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Amazed to hear he started for you lot today. Honestly can't believe he's still relevant, the lad is shite.

Somehow never come across this one before. Simple but effective, bookmarked for future use.

Came on last game against Bournemouth for a cameo and looked pretty good but it did occur to me at the time that you couldn't handpick a better scenario for him to thrive in - an open, beaten and tired side. Any pacey winger who doesn't look good against that is a disgrace. Thing is at the time you're not too bothered, his performance was just one of many positives.

Back to the real test earlier and he produced what he does in 90% of his games - an astounding consistency in making the wrong decision, giving the ball away running into blind alleys, zero end product. He's honestly hopeless. Possibly the most over-rated player I can remember us having. I've seen fans of teams like Liverpool saying they'd take him on their bench xD believe me there's nothing I want more.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Came on last game against Bournemouth for a cameo and looked pretty good but it did occur to me at the time that you couldn't handpick a better scenario for him to thrive in - an open, beaten and tired side. Any pacey winger who doesn't look good against that is a disgrace. Thing is at the time you're not too bothered, his performance was just one of many positives.

Back to the real test earlier and he produced what he does in 90% of his games - an astounding consistency in making the wrong decision, giving the ball away running into blind alleys, zero end product. He's honestly hopeless. Possibly the most over-rated player I can remember us having. I've seen fans of teams like Liverpool saying they'd take him on their bench xD believe me there's nothing I want more.

United will chuck £50m at you for him.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

United will chuck £50m at you for him.

And he'd no doubt score the winner in their unconvincing 2-1 win over us at OT next year which started with Chilwell catching the ball in the box after 4 minutes.

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Come on, Dan. 

Let's not exaggerate here. 

You'd hope Rodgers has learned from it though. Most people I know felt it was a near even contest on paper in terms of lineups and with the Leicester we're used to seeing it could have been.

What were your thoughts on the ref performance?

We were terrible yesterday. Thankfully Tottenham took there foot off the gas in the second half with a midweek game coming up because that could have been a rugby score. It speaks volumes when you lose 4-0 to them and you dont recognise Harry Kane is playing. 

I was surprised that Spurs didnt want to shoot from out the area as Guaita had his worst game in Palace colours. To get beaten 3 times at your near post is unacceptable. Sakho you could tell hasn't played football in a very long time as he had several basic mistakes in him. The substitutes were too late. Zaha just spent the whole time acting like an arrogant pre madonna who has never been tripped up before. The substitutes were too late. Schlupp in the centre was weird. Focusing on the wings was the wrong tactic as Spurs just bombarded through the middle, and Andros struggled to get involved. I felt the likes of Ayew, Kouyate, Ward etc didnt disgrace themselves but when the core players play as poorly as they did with the wrong tactics. We are asking for trouble.

Not a fan of the new White Hart Lane. The outer design looks plain, the surrounding area will always be less than ideal and the inside has a real Emirates feel about it. So much so in fact I looked at my seat before kick off and mentioned that my seat reminded me of the time we went 3-0 down to Arsenal in the first 20 minutes. I said the same thing again 25 minutes in to the match. Spurs fans in there late fourties trying to fight teenagers after the match just summed up the whole experience.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Come on, Dan. 

Let's not exaggerate here. 

You've got to be honest though, up to now the results haven't been bad but the performances have been a bit... meh. The Wolves game was rubbish and we were lucky to draw it. Chelsea was good enough for sure, could've won it, but at the same time given the awful start in that game Chelsea could've been out of sight. Sheffield United we won through a wonder strike. The one really convincing game was against Bournemouth but how convinced can you truly be at home to a side who'll lose nearly every game away at top half finishng teams due to how they set up.

We just don't score enough goals. It was a problem last season and I don't think we look like we've changed it. Pretty sure early doors he said he wanted something like 10 goals / 10 assists each from wide forwards and I can't see a single one of them who gets near to that.

I just don't like this system he's gone to this season. That one towards the end of last season, which was back for Bournemouth, was brilliant. We could've gone with that yesterday and really put them on the back foot. They were there for the taking but we completely bottled it for me.

We're not in a bad place but I can't help but be frustrated when I feel like we're playing within ourselves.

Was very pleased with out win so clinical. The defending part and drops in concentration still remain but fuck me will i complain after a 2-5 win. We broke some record with scoring 11 goals all under the age of 21. Also all English which isn't a record but considering how much Englishmen we had it is. Valencia next up and we will hope to keep this level off performance tomorrow night.

On 14/09/2019 at 14:12, Redcanuck said:

Quite a young bench United have today, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong and Tunazbe plus Jones and Fred. I know we have injuries, but you would think with all the money we spend, we would have more depth. 

I'd rather see them start tbh (obvs not Phil 'Duncan Edwards' Jones or 'Oh yeah I forgot we signed' Fred)

• Administrator

Saw highlights of Sheff Utd vs Southampton.

Amazed Sheff Utd didn't get a penalty for a Southampton hand-ball. Thought the rule was that if the ball touches the defender's arm, intentional or not, then it's a penalty.

Can understand why a referee has not seen it purely beacuse of the plethora of players in the box there. But VAR should be overturning that based on the new handball rule. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Saw highlights of Sheff Utd vs Southampton.

Amazed Sheff Utd didn't get a penalty for a Southampton hand-ball. Thought the rule was that if the ball touches the defender's arm, intentional or not, then it's a penalty.

Can understand why a referee has not seen it purely beacuse of the plethora of players in the box there. But VAR should be overturning that based on the new handball rule. 

Not seen the incident but I don't think that's necessarily the case is it? It's definitely the case if it hits an attackers arm that leads to a goal but I thought the rule for a defender was different.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Not seen the incident but I don't think that's necessarily the case is it? It's definitely the case if it hits an attackers arm that leads to a goal but I thought the rule for a defender was different.

Oh yeah xD. My bad. 

In that case it's not a penalty for me. I don't even think the defender is looking at the ball when it hits his arm. He's marking his attacker using his body. 

Archived