• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 14th September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well played Tammy... 

His brace, a third in as many games, made him only the third player aged 21 or under to score twice in three consecutive Premier League appearances, emulating Ronaldo in December 2006 and Alli in January 2017 – before going on to complete hat-trick in under an hour.

Remember when 'Academy day' under Mourinho, was a 10-minute cameo from Loftus-Cheek or Solanke, in the dying minutes of an already qualified CL group stage game?

Now, we have Tammy scoring a hat trick, with Mount and Tomori bagging the others. Our youth have now scored 10 goals in 5 games. 

This transfer ban has been a blessing. 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds like we've been better in 2nd half but wasteful. 

From what I have been reading or following up as the match went on was you should have had at least a draw, Ole still has a long, long road ahead to put Man United back up there with the big boys...if he can...gulp. 

• Administrator

Said before the season started that Chelsea's transfer ban would be a blessing in disguise. 

Lampard being able to give plenty of time to the youth players and now they're coming good. Exciting times ahead for Chelsea... 

• Subscriber

I just can't get my head around Rodgers talking about attitude, mentality, going to places and not fearing them etc... then goes to no exaggeration, a midtable level Man Utd XI for me and sets up like that. Maddison back on the wing which leads to us having little threat on said wing because it just isn't his game - and I've no doubt Tielemans misses him too. Gray on the other wing which is just infuriating. How on earth he still gets a game for us is beyond me. I don't know how many more times he has to turn in a shocking display of brainless football before a manager finally bins him back to the Championship.

Same story every single year at Old Trafford for us. They're shit and we're somehow worse.

Lost a significant amount of faith in us after that. Before today we'd been getting the results without playing well, which is a start, but we only retained one of those today in a game where we had a chance to show so much more, and frankly, we were found totally wanting.

So disappointed. What a chance blown.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How the mighty have fallen when a Leicester fan is devastated that his team hasn't won at Old Toilet. 

Love it. 

I really think the majority of the league would've gotten something there today. They were horrendous and I don't think I came across a single fan of theirs afterwards who said anything other than that. We just didn't go for them at all. We played the name and ground rather than the teamsheet.

To be honest it was an absolutely dreadful game. TV dodged a bullet not showing that toss.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Harry said:

It wasn't a penalty imo.

I thought it was soft but can see why he gave it. Given the way he refereed afterwards it was pretty obvious there was no way he wouldn't have given it. Soyuncu needs to learn from that as it was a really unnecessary challenge.

Wasn't even the penalty that annoyed me. It was just pathetic bias throughout the entre game, scarcely believable how one sided he was whether it was stopping us counter attacking to stop the game for a nothing 'injury' or just giving them a free-kick for hitting the floor regardless of how they got there. McTominay not getting booked for successiive fouls was absolutely astounding refereeing when he books Maddison for probably about a sixth of what McTominay got away with.

I am not blaming the referee for us losing and I think fans and managers who do this, unless it's extreme circumstances are ultmately just deflectng from their own shortcomings, but I really hope we publicly say something about that absolute sham of a performance from Atkinson earlier. Why on earth would we just take that absolute bollocks? Nobody can possibly convince me he was impartial. I'm sure their fans sarcastically cheered a couple of the free kicks they got. Even they knew the cunt was at their service.

Absolute cunt.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dan said:

I just can't get my head around Rodgers talking about attitude, mentality, going to places and not fearing them etc... then goes to no exaggeration, a midtable level Man Utd XI for me and sets up like that. Maddison back on the wing which leads to us having little threat on said wing because it just isn't his game - and I've no doubt Tielemans misses him too. Gray on the other wing which is just infuriating. How on earth he still gets a game for us is beyond me. I don't know how many more times he has to turn in a shocking display of brainless football before a manager finally bins him back to the Championship.

Same story every single year at Old Trafford for us. They're shit and we're somehow worse.

Lost a significant amount of faith in us after that. Before today we'd been getting the results without playing well, which is a start, but we only retained one of those today in a game where we had a chance to show so much more, and frankly, we were found totally wanting.

So disappointed. What a chance blown.

Amazed to hear he started for you lot today. Honestly can't believe he's still relevant, the lad is shite.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

How the mighty have fallen when a Leicester fan is devastated that his team hasn't won at Old Toilet

Love it. 

Somehow never come across this one before. Simple but effective, bookmarked for future use.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived