talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Maddison - New Contract Signed

16 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

AWB makes good runs going forward, but his crossing isn't great - and with those 3 up top there isn't as much natural width because the most natural of those out wide is Rashford and he's also the type to cut inside and go for goal. Taking us out of the equation even (I also wouldn't necessarily say our midfield is made up of defensive workhorses either tbh, Fabinho that's a fair shout but the rest of them I think what Klopp's gone for is really well rounded and versatile midfielders), when I think about the sides that had very good attacks but that didn't provide much natural width - like say Ancelotti's AC Milan (an example inspired by your signature), they had their width provided by some very good fullbacks like Cafu and Zambrotta.

It's one of the reason I think United struggle against deep lying and compact sides, personally. And for the record, although I've stated it on here many times, I think AWB is a great fullback - I understand why they bought him. And you're right, he's not a dud going forward and if they do have a midfielder that can interact with him out wide... United will be able to make the most out of his runs forward.

Would Maddison be that midfielder? I have no idea, tbh. I don't think he's worth that kind of money though.

I would defo say the likes of Fabinho, Milner and Henderson come under the defensive workhorse mood and they get more games than Keita/Chamberlain don’t they? Nothing wrong with it as your creativity comes from the wings but compared to City or Barce their midfield was and is very fluid and creative. 

I think United need to look abroad for a midfielder 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

I would defo say the likes of Fabinho, Milner and Henderson come under the defensive workhorse mood and they get more games than Keita/Chamberlain don’t they? Nothing wrong with it as your creativity comes from the wings but compared to City or Barce their midfield was and is very fluid and creative. 

I think United need to look abroad for a midfielder 

Milner and Henderson put in a defensive shift, but I think they're also just really well rounded players. Whereas Fabinho I just think of as a pure defensive destroyer. Keita and AOC have been getting more and more games lately though - but I think our best midfield is Gini (who I think is incredibly well rounded, feel like you could throw him into any midfield role and he'd do well), Henderson (who I think is an incredible box to box midfielder), and Fabinho (who I already described). But yeah, we're set up to have a really versatile and hard working midfield to do a lot of the grunt work for our front 3 and to allow our fullbacks to basically be extra wingers.

I also think United should be looking abroad for a midfielder... and probably also in defense as well (because I think they could do with a new left back and a new CB alongside Maguire).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

That is a pretty feeble offer in all honesty, I'm not sure United understand negotiation in the modern age. If Leicester rate maddison at around £80m then United are implying Lingard is worth around £35m which on current form, he is most certainly not. I can't imagine many players really wanting to sign for United as it's being run right now, it needs a root and branch rethink. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Not a chance in a million years we'd be accepting that deal.

Utterly laughable offer. 

But...but...think about it, Lingard scoring a goal and then having a dance with Vardy around a corner flag... you Leicester fans would love it...I think? :(

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

But...but...think about it, Lingard scoring a goal and then having a dance with Vardy around a corner flag... you Leicester fans would love it...I think? :(

No. 

Lingard can fuck off. 

Literally not one Leicester fan would be happy him coming here, let alone losing Maddison in the process.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

If Maddison leaves Leicester for United then he needs his head checked. 

United obviously the bigger club but as things stand he could literally die as a footballer moving there. 

You only have to look at Maguire so far.

I must admit losing Maddison would hit us harder than Maguire.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Football is crazy though. You’ve got to ask yourself why boyhood United fan James Maddison would ever dream of playing for the club 9_9

9_9  :whistling:

zyqv7x7dra231.png

Maddison2-jpg-1651043

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I like Maddison but he isn't worth £80m, nowhere near. It would be funny and unsurprising if United went for it in the end. They'd be better off going after Grealish, would be cheaper and is just as good for me. 

He's not worth £80m but we're well within our rights to ask for a fuck load more than Lingard & £45m. It makes you wonder what Man Utd value Lingard at if that's the offer they've made...

Just now, Stan said:

He's not worth £80m but we're well within our rights to ask for a fuck load more than Lingard & £45m. It makes you wonder what Man Utd value Lingard at if that's the offer they've made...

Oh 100%, you have every right to demand that money considering they paid that for another one of your players. I'm just saying United would be fools to pay it although I'd love to see it. 

Also yes if that derisory offer has any sort of truth then it's a horrendous bid. Lingard is on around 100k p/w, no way would you entertain that. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

Maddison is overrated imo, but still worth £60m. Not chance Utd get him for £45m

In what sense, out of interest?

He's improved a lot this season as opposed to playing majority of last season under Puel. 

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

He's very good but not a world class No 10. his final pass poor for a playmaker. walks into the Utd team though

Who's calling him world class though for you to think he's over-rated?

His final pass is very good - set up many a goal especially for Vardy. 

A. What is Lingard earning per week? 

B. When does Lingard’s contract run out? 

C. Are Leicester willing to match Lingard’s wages?

D. Does Lingard want a move?

Honestly baffling at times when I hear these cash + player rumors. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A. What is Lingard earning per week? 

B. When does Lingard’s contract run out? 

C. Are Leicester willing to match Lingard’s wages?

D. Does Lingard want a move?

Honestly baffling at times when I hear these cash + player rumors. 

A. Too much

B. Not soon enough

C. Not in a million years

D. I don’t care what he wants

Completely agree with you though.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

He has like two assists all season? Ben Chilwell has created more goals than him xD

And last season?

Also, you can have a good final ball but the striker still has to finish it...just because he only has 2 assists doesn't mean his final ball is bad.

I don't think he has a poor final ball pass on him, simple as.

• The title was changed to James Maddison - New Contract Signed

Archived