The better place to talk football.

James Maddison - New Contract Signed

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, shut up said:

his stats suggest otherwise. a no 10 who has created 2 goals all season? hmm 

I can remember quite a few times he's played Vardy or a player in perfectly but they've failed to finish.

If all you go on is stats there's no point continuing this conversation. Stats aren't everything. 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I was just saying I don’t care what he wants. Sheeeeesh xD

No I’m saying it’s laughable how the media treat these rumors as if this was FIFA. Like the player has no say and without considering how much they earn, contract length, etc. 

• Administrator
Just now, shut up said:

vardy is literally the top scorer by a mile, so why isn't maddison one of the top goal creators? very weird.

How is it very weird xD?!

Maybe we create chances in other ways? Maybe people assist Maddison instead? 

Odd logic.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

No I’m saying it’s laughable how the media treat these rumors as if this was FIFA. Like the player has no say and without considering how much they earn, contract length, etc. 

I hate the internet. Completely misconstrued your reply :dam:

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A. What is Lingard earning per week?

Lingard was rewarded for his performances for Man United following the conclusion of the 2016-17 season when he was handed a fresh four-year contract in April 2017.

The new deal sees him pocket a salary of around £100,000 a week, which means that he will earn roughly £21 million for the duration, without taking performance-dependent bonuses into account.

A weekly salary of £100k amounts to £5.2m a year, which is quite an increase on his previous deal.

However, despite receiving a handsome pay packet, Lingard trails some way behind his midfield team-mate Paul Pogba, who earns in the region of £290,000 a week.

41 minutes ago, Cicero said:

D. Does Lingard want a move?

Don't care, get rid of him and his dancing partner Pogba. :coffee:  

12 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Don't care, get rid of him and his dancing partner Pogba. :coffee:  

Unfortunately this isn't FIFA. He has a year left in his contract and if Leicester aren't offering those wages he will probably see his contract out, knowing well this will undoubtedly be his last year earning wages well beyond his level as a footballer. 

• Subscriber

Final pass is poor? xD

Come on I get him not being everyone's cup of tea but that is a ridiculously harsh criticism. My biggest would be he's not that quick, that's the main one really.

There's no way we'll take a part exchange for Lingard. What would be the point? We aren't paying Lingard £100k a week, he wouldn't get in our team, we don't need him - we'd be left with a player who doesn't really fit and would still need to replace Maddison.

It will take absolute minimum what they paid for Maguire, is my guess.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, shut up said:

his stats suggest otherwise. a no 10 who has created 2 goals all season? hmm 

He plays as more of an eight, and has six goals and four assists in the league, so you're quite far wrong.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, shut up said:

erm...No he doesn't

You're right.

He has 5.

Ndidi vs Chelsea
Vardy vs Sheff Utd* (which was superb outside of the boot in to Vardy's path to finish)
Soyuncu vs Palace
Iheanacho vs Villa
Evans vs Villa

So not sure where you even got 2 assists from...

1m 8s onwards.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Football is crazy though. You’ve got to ask yourself why boyhood United fan James Maddison would ever dream of playing for the club 9_9

He'd rather finish 7th than 3rd?

• Subscriber

Maddison won't go this month. I have no idea why we'd sabotage our season by selling anybody. I can see it happening in the summer - can see them giving us mad money again and him fancying the move, even despite where we both finish this year.

Not even slightly concerned we lose him this month.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Nobody decent goes in jan...

Luckily for Man Utd he isn't that good apparently so it could definitely happen. Hopefully he adds to his 2 assists.

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to James Maddison - New Contract Signed

Big extension for Leicester, guaranteed big money if he goes and you can play hard to keep him there. Something must be right under Rodgers for him to want to stay

Is there a clause in there?

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Big extension for Leicester, guaranteed big money if he goes and you can play hard to keep him there. Something must be right under Rodgers for him to want to stay

Is there a clause in there?

Not sure, I'm not in charge of that side of the club's business mate.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Not sure, I'm not in charge of that side of the club's business mate.

Call yourself a fan do you???? Don’t even know every detail of a contract renewal???? Disgrace 

Archived