• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FM forum

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rab said:

Regardless of whether it's one topic, one forum or a million forums.

If people wanted to talk about Football Manager. They will.

It’s been dead for about a year and a half though. I don’t like posting in here because it doesn’t get heads up anymore unless I’m tagging someone. As a hunch that’s why @Dan hasn’t bothered lately either.

Im not sure if you’re a big FM guy Rab but may I remind how lively the FM thread was as one. The only reason we changed it was because there were a lot of people who were willing to join in. Of course im not saying it’s a guarantee that things will go back to normal if we went back to how it was before, but it *might* pick up a few members again. The one thread united the FM players and I think it’s too dead now to keep going with it.

Just now, Stan said:

We have this kind of discussion every year tbh when saves on the latest edition get a bit tiresome or old and people just want the new one to come out. 

Bad timing from my part, but when we said this last year, we were waiting for the new one to come out and nobody posted afterwards either.

I just think the old thread was best and given activity has dropped, I think it's time to go back to just 1 thread. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

It doesn't really matter at the end of the day. 

What different does it make if it goes back in to the main gaming forum? 

I think it's better for a small community of gamers because they encourage us to post in here more. Most of the time these threads would mean we are talking to ourselves. In one big thread though everyone has a say and everyone will see what we're writing. Of course I'm not saying the activity will flock, but I'm not convinced nobody plays FM anymore on this forum. Dan still plays and I know Rando does as well.

• Subscriber

It's a mix of things for me. I am still playing FM a lot but I feel like I get to a point where I need to make an update, but put it off because I just fancy playng on, rinse and repeat. Maybe I need to just not have certain points for an update.

That and a mix not many in here really posting about it much either.

Another reason is my keyboard is fucking me off. The I and K keys are frequently just not working and it makes posting at any length a chore.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's a mix of things for me. I am still playing FM a lot but I feel like I get to a point where I need to make an update, but put it off because I just fancy playng on, rinse and repeat. Maybe I need to just not have certain points for an update.

That and a mix not many in here really posting about it much either.

Another reason is my keyboard is fucking me off. The I and K keys are frequently just not working and it makes posting at any length a chore.

I would honestly say with a single thread, we can post shorter updates and people will more than likely see it. I feel with individual threads it encourages long posts more often than not.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There’s a lot of topics I’d like to start but I just feel the lack of activity won’t  get it anywhere. 

Why not give it a go though? I'd say we usually get decent activity in most topics regardless of what it's about...

Archived