• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Things you're "supposed" to like (but you don't)

Recommended Posts

A bit of Sunday randomness for a thread... Inspired by me noticing people posting in the Comedians thread - because I can't fucking stand stand-up comedy :7_sweat_smile: 

So what are some things that everyone except you seems to like? 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's watching any type of sport on tv then it's Golf, Lawn Green Bowling and Darts, I went off watching them because of my brother-in-law who is possessed in watching those sports and even playing them, go around for a visit and he is sitting there watching them with his remote control switching the tv back and forward and talking non stop about the games and I don't know how many times over the years he has asked me to go and watch him play and me saying to him "FUCK OFF..."

I wouldn't mind actually playing Golf but not Darts or Lawn Green Bowling, yuk.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Cola and other soft drinks, much too sweet for my taste.

I prefer Pepsi than Coka Cola and I can't stand sugar and have my coffee with no sugar, we paid a visit once to the wife's big sisters and she made a cup of coffee, I took one sip and spat it back in the cup, she had gave me her hubby's coffee by mistake and he takes 3 big teaspoons,s of sugar in his tea or coffee, I rushed to the loo and rinsed my mouth out as the taste nearly made me sick.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Cola and other soft drinks, much too sweet for my taste.

I'm the same... Don't really like anything sweet to be fair. Sugary stuff like cakes, cookies, chocolate etc., it's not that I hate it but I don't really care for it. Fruits are probably the only exception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tlr said:

F1

Is it just F1 or motorsports/racing in general? 

 

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

@nudge & @Tommy will have your guts for garters. xD

xD Nah that's what this thread for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those tv shows like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale so on and so forth... and those things like Love Island and the like.. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can remember when I left the army and got a job as a stock control clerk at Ferranti's in Dalkeith, Edinburgh, I was forever adding up stock, taking away stock and adding into a ledger and working out wire % for an order so when I finished working my brain just switched off doing mental arithmetic etc.

Went to a pub one night with Rab my brother-in-law and I said I would play some darts but when it was my turn to score my brain just went blank and I could not add up or subtract scores quickly enough and I told the Rab then "You can fuck this game off with me..." and I gave him back the darts he lent with the chalk and headed off to the bar and just got plastered instead.

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling corrections
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

@nudge & @Tommy will have your guts for garters. xD

Been a good while since I've heard that expression! xD

Just now, nudge said:

Is it just F1 or motorsports/racing in general? 

 

xD Nah that's what this thread for...

Just F1, MotoGP is my second favourite sport, were it free to air over here I'd watch it religously. I think it's the glamour and commercialisation I hate about F1, though I'm not into cars either so the literal mechanics are of no interest either. Just don't get the draw or excitement.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tlr said:

Just F1, MotoGP is my second favourite sport, were it free to air over here I'd watch it religously. I think it's the glamour and commercialisation I hate about F1, though I'm not into cars either so the literal mechanics are of no interest either. Just don't get the draw or excitement.

Can certainly relate to that; one of the reasons why I also generally prefer other racing series where there's little to no media and entertainment biz circus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me it would have to be seafood. 

The fancier the restaurant the more it seems you're meant to have a dozen oysters or mussels or swimmer crab or salmon or whatever... Some "hatted" restaurants the seafood options take up more than half the menu. 

I don't get it. Oysters are terrible but in the best restaurant are made to taste passable... But if I'm at such a venue why would I blow the opportunity to have amazing food like a perfect steak or lamb shoulder in favour of a just passable oyster dish?

I don't get it at all... Do people just pretend to like seafood to be cool? I'll never know. 😕

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

All those tv shows like Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale so on and so forth... and those things like Love Island and the like.. 

Ditto all though I must admit some times the storyline's in Emmerdale aren't that bad, but EastEnders is the biggest load of shite you can imagine and the storylines are pure rubbish and to think the amount of murders, rapes, abortions, drug-related stories, beatings that have gone on would make Walford sound like the size of the United States of America or Europe.

I have lost count how many times the Queen Vic has been set on fire and risen from the ashes, just waiting for another Dirty Den to appear because he was killed and buried under the floorboards of the Queen Vic and the storyline would be that he had a twin brother named Den 2 as this is him!!!!  

I was working with a guy years ago who came from the East End of London and he said a lot of East Enders can't stand the show because all they show in the soap opera is Dot Cotton and the fucking Laundrette, the show gives anybody the impression that the East End of London is full of Laundrettes as you never see a washing machine visible in the show so East Enders can't afford washing machines.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tlr said:

F1

Listen here you little shit!

Na, that's cool. Different strokes for different folks and whatnot. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

For me it would have to be seafood. 

The fancier the restaurant the more it seems you're meant to have a dozen oysters or mussels or swimmer crab or salmon or whatever... Some "hatted" restaurants the seafood options take up more than half the menu. 

I don't get it. Oysters are terrible but in the best restaurant are made to taste passable... But if I'm at such a venue why would I blow the opportunity to have amazing food like a perfect steak or lamb shoulder in favour of a just passable oyster dish?

I don't get it at all... Do people just pretend to like seafood to be cool? I'll never know. 😕

 

I don't like oysters and I'm not a big fan of squid but other than that I LOVE seafood. Fish, crab, lobster, scallops and especially prawns/shrimp. Could eat it every day :x For me it's the combination of the texture and the flavour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never ate seafood as a kid apart from the occasional fish sticks. I'm more open to it now, but I stick with coalfish mostly. 

I like the Filegro products from Iglo. These ones are fucking tasty:

filegro-rosmarin-zitrone-produktverpacku

 

I know, I know, it's not proper seafood bla bla. I don't care xD

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Harry said:

Oysters are terrible but in the best restaurant are made to taste passable...

I love fish but funny enough not Oysters, when I was young growing up in Tilbury Docks in Essex we would have a fish man call down our street mainly at the weekends morning time ringing a bell and yelling "FRESH WINKLES...FRESH WINKLES..." and a horse pulling a barrow, my old man would go out and buy some winkles all wrapped in an old newspaper, he would give me and my sisters some and we would get a pin or needle, pick the eye out then pull the winkle out, beautiful, I loved them days as a wee nipper.

 

img_3494.thumb.jpg.5b41a113ace569fe772ff8fed6e4bec0.jpg

glasgow_fishmarket.thumb.jpg.2a6840b2a873d8b2a884285f527cf911.jpg

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I never ate seafood as a kid apart from the occasional fish sticks. I'm more open to it now, but I stick with coalfish mostly. 

I like the Filegro products from Iglo. These ones are fucking tasty:

filegro-rosmarin-zitrone-produktverpacku

 

I know, I know, it's not proper seafood bla bla. I don't care xD

Iglo is really good though.

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Iglo must be Captain Birdseye then... 

I was thinking the exact same thing. Looks the Captain got a little cheerier in their version but its the same bastard id recognize him anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Looks the Captain got a little cheerier in their version but its the same bastard id recognize him anywhere.

Image result for identical gif my cousin vinny

Birdseye-cod-620x330.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I love fish but funny enough not Oysters, when I was young growing up in Tilbury Docks in Essex we would have a fish man call down our street mainly at the weekends morning time ringing a bell and yelling "FRESH WINKLES...FRESH WINKLES..." and a horse pulling a barrow, my old man would go out and buy some winkles all wrapped in an old newspaper, he would give me and my sisters some and we would get a pin or needle, pick the eye out then pull the winkle out, beautiful, I loved them days as a wee nipper.

 

img_3494.thumb.jpg.5b41a113ace569fe772ff8fed6e4bec0.jpg

glasgow_fishmarket.thumb.jpg.2a6840b2a873d8b2a884285f527cf911.jpg

 

 

They sell them everywhere in Cambodia on flat carts with salt and chili sprinkled over them :D 

DSCN0359.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Image result for identical gif my cousin vinny

Birdseye-cod-620x330.jpg

Haha they've definitely changed branding since I last at from them which was nearly half a decade ago. Still think they were delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglo

 

It is. You guys call everything differnt. You also call your Opels "Vauxhall", fucking weirdos. 

No it's you lot that's fucking things up.... Like Marathon Bars having to be renamed Snickers for example.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love any fish fingers but the wife can't stand them if she is shopping she will buy the top brand name like Birds Eye or Youngs as she says all the other cheaper brands are all full of ground down odds and ends of the fish like the eyes and tail, that dosnt bother me as I love any fish finger with runny eggs, chips & vinegar all over them.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nudge said:

Oh and fucking Nutella. It's just awful. 

My teeth hurt just by the thought of it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

My teeth hurt just by the thought of it. 

The taste is just horrible and artificial as well; nothing to do with cocoa, chocolate or hazelnuts at all! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement