Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

    The better place to talk football.

Make TF365 Great again


football forum

What do you think of the forum?   

4 members have voted

  1. 1. I'm more inclined to say

    • It's yuge
    • I haven't taken a shit for a week


Recommended Posts

So just a concern, I feel the forums charm has gone down a tad. Forum games have been slower, the only real active sections are the PL and Bundesliga and a couple members have been leaving. 

Keep in mind I'm not trying to throw people under a bus here, so no malice intent with the people I'm going to mention but it's been a while since we've seen a big contribution from likes of The Palace Fan and Devil Dick Willie. And yeah I get it, we all have lives outside of the forum, we all have work or university. But everything just feels slower and I feel some of the charm is going. Hell, one of the biggest contributors to the forum, Eco has gone again for a bit it seems. 

The FM forum is smack dab dead, The Pub has been extremely slow, La Liga and Ligue 1 has people talking to themselves. Something just doesn't feel right and it's a concern I wanted to express to the staff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sign up to remove this ad.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rab said:

Forums since their inception have always seen highs and lows at different times.

Forcing it also never helps. When people feel like they need to contribute to activity, the quality is never the same.

You're right. Sorry for even bothering then, I'm just concerned that's all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

You have to remember also @Grizzly21 that we have a lot of new members now in here than we did a year ago, the likes of the people you mention do not post is because you might have missed them and as @Rab said forums on other football sites have there highs & lows, the same as in here.

If you look at the top of the page you will see on the left-hand side, All Activity click that and you will see a lot of regular members still posting but maybe not as much today or this week, there could be a lot of reasons why they are having a break from in here...

  1. Finding a new love mate and screwing 7 days a week and forgot about in here.
  2. On a week's bender of wine, women and song and are too pissed to come in here. 
  3. Having a severe attack of constipation and can't get off the pan or someone has stuck super-glue on the lid.
  4. Getting the hump because his Mrs or partner has beaten him/her at a game of strip poker. 

Could be a lot of other reasons but I can't think of anymore yet. :coffee:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The abscense of Marc, imo, has been the main reason for the dip in quality. 

 

 

He’s been unbanned now, the reason he’s not come back is because he knows he’d be an idiot in doing so. If you really want try and talk to him but I doubt he will listen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

So just a concern, I feel the forums charm has gone down a tad. Forum games have been slower, the only real active sections are the PL and Bundesliga and a couple members have been leaving. 

Keep in mind I'm not trying to throw people under a bus here, so no malice intent with the people I'm going to mention but it's been a while since we've seen a big contribution from likes of The Palace Fan and Devil Dick Willie. And yeah I get it, we all have lives outside of the forum, we all have work or university. But everything just feels slower and I feel some of the charm is going. Hell, one of the biggest contributors to the forum, Eco has gone again for a bit it seems. 

The FM forum is smack dab dead, The Pub has been extremely slow, La Liga and Ligue 1 has people talking to themselves. Something just doesn't feel right and it's a concern I wanted to express to the staff.

Yeah let's forget about the games by @RandoEFC (Last Man Standing) and @Pyfish (Gloryhunter). Both of which I think you don't even contribute to? And of course the prediction leagues ran by myself and @Rucksackfranzose

Not to mention the several Mafia Wars that have been expertly ran by various members. I didn't take part myself but kept an eye on it and it was a thriving part of the forum not so long ago. 

Just cos something doesn't feel right to you doesn't mean that's the case across the board. 

As Rab said, there's highs and lows for this place. Not the first time, won't be the last. Life outside the forum takes priority for several of us - I don't blame people for stepping away from a brief moment and not being so active as before. Life goes on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Doesn't look good for new people joining either if we have a thread about the lack of charm :D

I guess, but again there was no bad intent, just a genuine concern that was put to bed quickly xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

So just a concern, I feel the forums charm has gone down a tad. Forum games have been slower, the only real active sections are the PL and Bundesliga and a couple members have been leaving. 

Keep in mind I'm not trying to throw people under a bus here, so no malice intent with the people I'm going to mention but it's been a while since we've seen a big contribution from likes of The Palace Fan and Devil Dick Willie. And yeah I get it, we all have lives outside of the forum, we all have work or university. But everything just feels slower and I feel some of the charm is going. Hell, one of the biggest contributors to the forum, Eco has gone again for a bit it seems. 

The FM forum is smack dab dead, The Pub has been extremely slow, La Liga and Ligue 1 has people talking to themselves. Something just doesn't feel right and it's a concern I wanted to express to the staff.

If you're going to show me love, might as well tag my white ass xD

It's been hectic here recently, as I know am at my new job, and just trying to get situated, plus I am off to California for a week, so just getting ready for that. 

But I am working from home now so I will be here from time to time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eco said:

If you're going to show me love, might as well tag my white ass xD

It's been hectic here recently, as I know am at my new job, and just trying to get situated, plus I am off to California for a week, so just getting ready for that. 

But I am working from home now so I will be here from time to time. 

Good to see you back :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d contribute more and more seriously if I didn’t use this as a little relaxation after hectic days at work. The forum is fine. Heck, it’s a miracle it’s still surviving in this day and age with Facebook and whatnot. The staff and members are a credit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, Toinho said:

I’d contribute more and more seriously if I didn’t use this as a little relaxation after hectic days at work. The forum is fine. Heck, it’s a miracle it’s still surviving in this day and age with Facebook and whatnot. The staff and members are a credit.

I second this. Proud to be part of this community. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Sign up or subscribe to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...