talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kevin Quevedo to Union Berlin

football forum

Quevedo is the next hot Peruvian talent from the domestic league. 14 goals in the top flight this season and is apparently going to Germany on a free. Does Union Berlin have any decent right wingers or number 9's? I suppose if he joins he'll be coming off the bench to begin with and will have to win himself a spot. @Tommy @nudge

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tommy said:

I don't even know any Union player besides Subotic. 

What is the view towards Peruvian players in Germany given that's where the best ones have played since the turn of the century?

Pizarro, Guerrero, Farfan and Zambrano...

1 minute ago, Grizzly21 said:

What is the view towards Peruvian players in Germany given that's where the best ones have played since the turn of the century?

Pizarro, Guerrero, Farfan and Zambrano...

I don't know, they're just good player. We don't have any specific view on someone just because he's from a certain country. 

Just now, Tommy said:

I don't know, they're just good player. We don't have any specific view on someone just because he's from a certain country. 

What I'm saying though is we tend to succeed more in Germany, that said I'll give an exception to those 4 since they are amongts the best players we've had in said position in the last 30 years.

The last good player we've had in Spain was Chemo del Solar, in England was Nolberto Solano, and in Italy being Juan Manuel Vargas. Obviously not counting those smaller or bad spells at certain clubs. EG: Pizarro at Chelsea, Vargas at Betis.

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Which pixel was he?

He scored the overhead.

I hope this move concretes. He's got talent for sure, I'm just concerned about his consistency but I do have faith that he can bag a few in Germany should he actually play.

1 hour ago, Grizzly21 said:

Quevedo is the next hot Peruvian talent from the domestic league. 14 goals in the top flight this season and is apparently going to Germany on a free. Does Union Berlin have any decent right wingers or number 9's? I suppose if he joins he'll be coming off the bench to begin with and will have to win himself a spot. @Tommy @nudge

Where's this news from? Asking because I couldn't find any German source about it including Union's website. By the way the transfer window in Germany is closed since the begin of this month, so when is he expected to come?

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Where's this news from? Asking because I couldn't find any German source about it including Union's website. By the way the transfer window in Germany is closed since the begin of this month, so when is he expected to come?

He is expected to join in January, at the end of the Peruvian season.

Yeah I also couldn't find any German news outlets. I checked just in case to see how reliable the sources are. I'll believe it because the news are coming in force and some established journalists in Peru are reporting it, and just assume there isn't much news in Germany because he's not a marquee player in the slightest, at least not for the Bundesliga. 

2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

He is expected to join in January, at the end of the Peruvian season.

Yeah I also couldn't find any German news outlets. I checked just in case to see how reliable the sources are. I'll believe it because the news are coming in force and some established journalists in Peru are reporting it, and just assume there isn't much news in Germany because he's not a marquee player in the slightest, at least not for the Bundesliga. 

Now you have a laugh. Um eine deutsche Quelle zu verstehen  muß man die Sprache schon beherrschen, das bloße Einfügen der deutschen Nationalflagge neben dem eigenen Forumsnamen ist dafür nicht ausreichend.

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Now you have a laugh. Um eine deutsche Quelle zu verstehen  muß man die Sprache schon beherrschen, das bloße Einfügen der deutschen Nationalflagge neben dem eigenen Forumsnamen ist dafür nicht ausreichend.

The German flag was a joke to have Jurgen Klopp as my name for a day, I just forgot to change it back xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

They're pretty well stocked in the center forward department with Andersson and Ujah and Polter as backup at the moment. Abdullahi should also play once he's fit; either as a striker or a winger ... Other than that there's Becker and Gogia for the right wing; nothing fancy but they're decent.

Not sure how good this Kevin Quevedo is and whether there's any truth to the rumour. I know he was linked with us a while ago though and that turned out to be just media speculation...

51 minutes ago, nudge said:

They're pretty well stocked in the center forward department with Andersson and Ujah and Polter as backup at the moment. Abdullahi should also play once he's fit; either as a striker or a winger ... Other than that there's Becker and Gogia for the right wing; nothing fancy but they're decent.

Not sure how good this Kevin Quevedo is and whether there's any truth to the rumour. I know he was linked with us a while ago though and that turned out to be just media speculation...

He’s good. I wouldn’t say he’s the next coming of Farfan or Pizarro but he can work at a team like Union Berlin.

Archived