• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Away Days

Recommended Posts

football forum

Mostly a thread for the English - but I have a say too as I support a third tier Peruvian team.

Yesterday was a game against AFE Cosmos in Surquillo, and of course I was an away fan. Not too far from where I'm at but definitely an "alien district" to me. 

We lost 3-0, and the game ended in a 10 man brawl (about) with everything throwing rocks at each other, punches, kicks and the referee running for his life. 5 players were sent off. It was brilliant.

Here is a snap I got from the game

c952c7eb4a19eff3a9600779f682da6f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2018 at 15:30, Blue said:

 

We lost 3-0, and the game ended in a 10 man brawl (about) with everything throwing rocks at each other, punches, kicks and the referee running for his life. 5 players were sent off. It was brilliant.

 

This sort of stuff only seems to happen in third world countries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

This sort of stuff only seems to happen in third world countries. 

It was a fantastic viewing though - I was on the other side of the action so I was able to record it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum

Do any of you still have time to do many away games?

I've done 2 so far, and increasing that number 3 on the weekend as I'm gonna be doing FC Edmonton away.

Montreal Impact vs York 9

Forge FC vs York 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Do any of you still have time to do many away games?

I've done 2 so far, and increasing that number 3 on the weekend as I'm gonna be doing FC Edmonton away.

Montreal Impact vs York 9

Forge FC vs York 9

I have no idea about Canadian football, what are the distances between those places and wherever it is “York 9” play?

Every game I go to is essentially an “Away day” in a way. Not bothering to support a side and therefore picking games I want to attend as and when is great. Been to some good places the last few seasons. 

Off to Charlton v Leeds at the end of the month. Looking forward to it due to Charlton’s start and seeing Bielsa’s Leeds. 

Fancy Derby in November but the train fare is ridiculous. May end up at West Brom instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I have no idea about Canadian football, what are the distances between those places and wherever it is “York 9” play?

Every game I go to is essentially an “Away day” in a way. Not bothering to support a side and therefore picking games I want to attend as and when is great. Been to some good places the last few seasons. 

Off to Charlton v Leeds at the end of the month. Looking forward to it due to Charlton’s start and seeing Bielsa’s Leeds. 

Fancy Derby in November but the train fare is ridiculous. May end up at West Brom instead. 

Forge FC is right by my doorstep, but given they were the home team I do still see it as an away game.

Montreal Impact was a little bit further, about 6 hours away via road. Nevertheless I did the trip back in July.

As for Edmonton, that's about 4 hours away by plane. So not exactly the closest but I'm still up for it. It's on the weekend. If I don't get around to it, then Valour FC away next month instead, which is 2 and a half hours away by plane.

What happened to Leyton Orient? :o 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Forge FC is right by my doorstep, but given they were the home team I do still see it as an away game.

Montreal Impact was a little bit further, about 6 hours away via road. Nevertheless I did the trip back in July.

As for Edmonton, that's about 4 hours away by plane. So not exactly the closest but I'm still up for it. It's on the weekend. If I don't get around to it, then Valour FC away next month instead, which is 2 and a half hours away by plane.

What happened to Leyton Orient? :o 

If you’ve ever been through a relationship break-up, it was essentially that. 

The rut had set in for a long time, it felt more of a chore than something I wanted to do with my Saturday afternoon and I suppose the apathy grew from no longer being interested in results and in to resentment and then just emptiness, so in the end I just binned it off. I’m at the point now where I have absolutely no feelings towards the club and I wouldn’t be able to tell you their results/fixtures. 

I also wanted to do other things with my time and money like spending it with family, my nephew, my girlfriend, buy a flat and buy a car. 

Now, I can pick and choose games as and when I feel and I’ve seen games from the Europa League to the Essex Senior League, UEFA Nations League to Southern Premier League football and I enjoy it much more, if I’m totally honest. It allows me to go to places I want to go to, without being tied into a season ticket, when I want to (and when I can) and where I want to, as I’ve seen a variety of teams like Athletic Bilbao, Spain, Woodford Town and Hereford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
football forum
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If you’ve ever been through a relationship break-up, it was essentially that. 

The rut had set in for a long time, it felt more of a chore than something I wanted to do with my Saturday afternoon and I suppose the apathy grew from no longer being interested in results and in to resentment and then just emptiness, so in the end I just binned it off. I’m at the point now where I have absolutely no feelings towards the club and I wouldn’t be able to tell you their results/fixtures. 

I also wanted to do other things with my time and money like spending it with family, my nephew, my girlfriend, buy a flat and buy a car. 

Now, I can pick and choose games as and when I feel and I’ve seen games from the Europa League to the Essex Senior League, UEFA Nations League to Southern Premier League football and I enjoy it much more, if I’m totally honest. It allows me to go to places I want to go to, without being tied into a season ticket, when I want to (and when I can) and where I want to, as I’ve seen a variety of teams like Athletic Bilbao, Spain, Woodford Town and Hereford. 

Yeah I feel somewhat similar for Universitario back in Peru, so I get you completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement