Walsall vs Scunthorpe

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Pig on the Wing said:

First game I've genuinely looked forward to in about three years. Such a feelgood factor at the club at the moment.

Guaranteed 0-3 loss (at least). Who cares? The Great Escape is still mathematically possible!

You're going to shock a team eventually!

Seems to be an issue with home games for us for a little while now. No issues away, as thats where we've been picking up the points.

Maybe its the pressure/expectancy, who knows, but we seem to struggle to put teams away at home and it costs us.

Just one late win home to Brentford in recent times. And I'm going back to the tail end of last season too, we'e had a bit of an Elland Road hoodoo.

So putting that right against Derby, a team who were beaten on three occasions by us last year but able to laud up the one win that really mattered, would be sweet.

Football can be an absolute joke at times.

It's now a common occurance for Leeds to dominate games, waste chances and get mugged. Happened three times out of four at home now.

Derby were rubbish, absolute rubbish, under Cocu. Very fortunate to scrape a point today. No chance they go up as it stands, I'm telling you.

And unless we start finishing sides off, we will suffer the same fate as last year.

Just so frustrating because (and I rarely blow our own trumpet) we clearly look the most talented, easy to watch side in the division.

Typical Leeds.

• Administrator

Only 16 goals across 10 Championship games today. Not that exciting just looking at the results.

What the fuck happened to Lincoln?! Does it go to show just how well Cowley was doing there?!

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Football can be an absolute joke at times.

It's now a common occurance for Leeds to dominate games, waste chances and get mugged. Happened three times out of four at home now.

Derby were rubbish, absolute rubbish, under Cocu. Very fortunate to scrape a point today. No chance they go up as it stands, I'm telling you.

And unless we start finishing sides off, we will suffer the same fate as last year.

Just so frustrating because (and I rarely blow our own trumpet) we clearly look the most talented, easy to watch side in the division.

Typical Leeds.

Thought you'd stroll to a win to be honest. Shame really as I'd love to see you back in the Premier League and even though it was a point gained, it could have been 3 by sounds of it. And even more annoying I guess especially as Swansea failed to win. 

3 points separating the top 7. And then only 5 separating top to 13th. It gets said every year but the Championship is just ridiculously tight all the time. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Thought you'd stroll to a win to be honest. Shame really as I'd love to see you back in the Premier League and even though it was a point gained, it could have been 3 by sounds of it. And even more annoying I guess especially as Swansea failed to win. 

3 points separating the top 7. And then only 5 separating top to 13th. It gets said every year but the Championship is just ridiculously tight all the time. 

From what I've seen so far, I think this season is literally there for whomever wants it.

Still think that by the time it ends, Fulham will be that team but whilst it's taking time for them to find their feet, we have to take advantage.

It's all the more frustrating not to be capitalising when we currently look the team to beat. We should really be 4 or 5pts clear.

The fact we are angry and still top emphasises that.

• Subscriber

Leeds just feel like a banker to dominate and not wn every weeend.

Derby look awful to me. I thought Cocu would be a really interesting appointment but you've got to say their squad is actually pretty shite.

On 19/09/2019 at 01:35, Pig on the Wing said:

First game I've genuinely looked forward to in about three years. Such a feelgood factor at the club at the moment.

Guaranteed 0-3 loss (at least). Who cares? The Great Escape is still mathematically possible!

It's not often I enjoy being wrong, but wow. We were really positive again, and probably deserved to win the game. Last minute handballs don't help us, but there's so much to be happy about. 2 home points this week, when we all expected none.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived