talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ionut Nedelcearu - Werder Bremen Linked

football forum

According to championat.ru, Werder Bremen are interested in buying young Romanian centre-back Ionut Nedelcearu. He currently plays for Russian club FK Ufa(the club Zinchenko used to play for) and he has recently become a regular for the Romanian national team at 23 years old. Zenit St. Petersbourg and AS Roma are also reported to be interested in acquiring Nedelcearu.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Have absolutely no idea who he is and how good/bad he is... But I'm not surprised we're being linked with a centre back, given that most of our current ones are injured xD Sounds a bit like just a vague rumour to be fair, although I can definitely imagine that the defense will be strengthened during next summer. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Have absolutely no idea who he is and how good/bad he is... But I'm not surprised we're being linked with a centre back, given that most of our current ones are injured xD Sounds a bit like just a vague rumour to be fair, although I can definitely imagine that the defense will be strengthened during next summer. 

He's done quite well from what little I have seen of him for Romania and in the Russian League. But he is apparently well rated in Russia and in Romania. The fact that he is now a regular for the Romanian national team at 23, should mean that he would at least be able to hold his own at a club like Werder.

This rumour is indeed a bit vague, but I am sure there is some truth in it. He could be one to join Werder in the January Transfer window. God knows they do need cover for their defence right now!

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is he healthy? I'm sure that's all it takes to attract interest from Bremen these days :ph34r:

Yes, apparently he hasn't had an injury in four years, just the type of fit player that Werder need right now, lol.

• Subscriber
Just now, Michael said:

He's done quite well from what little I have seen of him for Romania and in the Russian League. But he is apparently well rated in Russia and in Romania. The fact that he is now a regular for the Romanian national team at 23, should mean that he would at least be able to hold his own at a club like Werder.

This rumour is indeed a bit vague, but I am sure there is some truth in it. He could be one to join Werder in the January Transfer window. God knows they do need cover for their defence right now!

It depends; I mean Moisander and Toprak are expected to be back very soon (against BVB), Veljkovic in a few weeks time. So unless something goes completely wrong, that'd be four fit centre backs (+ Gebre Selassie who can provide cover when needed too); not sure we'd need another one in winter in that case. Summer is a different story though; signing a young promising defender would surely fit our squad planning. 

32 minutes ago, nudge said:

It depends; I mean Moisander and Toprak are expected to be back very soon (against BVB), Veljkovic in a few weeks time. So unless something goes completely wrong, that'd be four fit centre backs (+ Gebre Selassie who can provide cover when needed too); not sure we'd need another one in winter in that case. Summer is a different story though; signing a young promising defender would surely fit our squad planning. 

Yes, that is true, but with all the injury problems that Werder have had, I think that more back up will always be welcomed. There could be more injuries ahead this season as many of the players seem to be quite injury prone.

But yes, Nedeclearu would probably be a good addition to the squad next summer. Except for Veljkovic, all of Werder's centre-backs are 30 plus, so bringing in a young quality defender like Nedelcearu would seemingly be a good investment.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Yes, that is true, but with all the injury problems that Werder have had, I think that more back up will always be welcomed. There could be more injuries ahead this season as many of the players seem to be quite injury prone.

But yes, Nedeclearu would probably be a good addition to the squad next summer. Except for Veljkovic, all of Werder's centre-backs are 30 plus, so bringing in a young quality defender like Nedelcearu would seemingly be a good investment.

And Friedl too. We signed him on a permanent deal last summer with the intention of him becoming Moisander's replacement in the future. It's a pity the only playing time he's getting is at LB though... But yeah, we definitely need younger ones for the near future.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

And Friedl too. We signed him on a permanent deal last summer with the intention of him becoming Moisander's replacement in the future. It's a pity the only playing time he's getting is at LB though... But yeah, we definitely need younger ones for the near future.

Oh yes, I forgot about Friedl, he can play at left-back and centre-back. But yeah, I think you always have to have a balance in the team by playing the quality experienced players, whilst at the same time slowly phasing in the younger players who have promise and potential. 

• The title was changed to Ionut Nedelcearu - Werder Bremen Linked
  • The topic was locked

Archived