talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man United/Arsenal

football forum

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.1b8cf803f7c60d240defeb5c7e724d60.png

Manchester United sent an official to watch Norwegian forward Erling Haaland, 19, as the son of former Manchester City forward Alf-Inge Haaland introduced himself to the European stage by scoring a hat-trick for Red Bull Salzburg on his Champions League debut. (Salzburger Nachrichten, via Sport Witness)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ex Manchester Utd player ruined his father's career :ph34r:

Namely, Roy Keane, Keane had his good points but he could be a nasty wee bastard later on in years if he had done what he did to Haaland under Clough at Forrest Clough would have had his guts for garters...end of the story really.  :coffee:

10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Namely, Roy Keane, Keane had his good points but he could be a nasty wee bastard later on in years if he had done what he did to Haaland under Clough at Forrest Clough would have had his guts for garters..

Yeah, Fergie couldn't control him. 

Leave it to the old school :coffee:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah, Fergie couldn't control him. 

Leave it to the old school :coffee:

To be honest 50% Fergie could not control the wild sides of Keane and Cantona but also 50% he turned a blind eye and let them get on with it, Fergie played in the hard days in Scotland with Rangers v Celtic and they could be vicious games.

Every team back in the old days had the hard men of football like Dave McKay at Spurs, Billy Bremner and  Norman 'Bite your Legs' Hunter at Leeds and your own Tommy Smith at Liverpool, it was a man game then not like today, touch a player with your little finger today and they would hit the ground like a ton of bricks and roll all over the place, the old days you chopped or hit someone hard the ref would just play the game on, the players then would just get on with it.  

17 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

To be honest 50% Fergie could not control the wild sides of Keane and Cantona but also 50% he turned a blind eye and let them get on with it, Fergie played in the hard days in Scotland with Rangers v Celtic and they could be vicious games.

Every team back in the old days had the hard men of football like Dave McKay at Spurs, Billy Bremner and  Norman 'Bite your Legs' Hunter at Leeds and your own Tommy Smith at Liverpool, it was a man game then not like today, touch a player with your little finger today and they would hit the ground like a ton of bricks and roll all over the place, the old days you chopped or hit someone hard the ref would just play the game on, the players then would just get on with it.  

You can only play now if you're a massive fanny, so yeah, I agree mate.

Nowadays not only cant you touch anyone without them going over like fanny's... now there is VAR to ensure they are going over like fanny's. 

Womans game now mate.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

You can only play now if you're a massive fanny, so yeah, I agree mate.

Nowadays not only cant you touch anyone without them going over like fanny's... now there is VAR to ensure they are going over like fanny's. 

Womans game now mate.

I can remember seeing this photo in Australia in 1966 in a newspaper and my old man who was alive then was pissing himself laughing (he supported West Ham) and I found out later, this match was a game between Spurs v Leeds United and Dave Makay had Bremner by the scruff of the neck and I read a piece by Mackay about the incident, that's a young Terry Venables running up on the left to join in, he was a nutter also...

Mackay revealed the reasons behind his volcanic reaction.

He said: “He was a brilliant little player but a dirty little bastard. He kicked me in the leg I’d just come back from breaking twice. If he’d kicked the other one, I could have accepted that. But he kicked the broken one and that really annoyed me. I could’ve killed him that day.”

Mackay was probably being unduly harsh on himself - not least because the idea of any player, even one as fearsome as Mackay, "bullying" Billy Bremner seems scarcely credible.

And what of the fall-out from the incident? If it were to happen today, a confrontation between two of the foremost players of their age would provoke Twitter outrage, days of hand-wringing and FA inquiries. But back in 1966, it did not even merit a red card.

"In the end, the referee just gave us a talking-to, for which I was relieved," Mackay told Abrahams. "I had got away with it and was so happy because it maintained my record of never having been sent off. I may have been dirty sometimes, but I never got sent off in my whole life, even as a schoolboy."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11446207/Why-Dave-Mackay-hated-the-picture-of-him-confronting-Billy-Bremner.html

ehqdefault.jpg

And I agree that footballers are fannies nowadays compared to years ago and all the Ref did then was give them both a talking to and the match continued. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Solksjear was his coach at Molde as well I think? 

Aye, he was.

"Håland player under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Molde and Manchester United scouts have been following him from the time he joined them in 2017. In the first match reportedly watched, he netted four times."

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.f94d49d35986b08f32f15256c866443e.png

Barcelona are the latest club to be linked with 19-year-old Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, who scored a hat-trick on his Champions League debut for Red Bull Salzburg against Genk on Tuesday. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Haaland's father, Alf-Inge, says it would be "nice" if his son joined Manchester United despite the 46-year-old playing for their rivals Leeds United and Manchester City during his playing career. (TV2 - in Norwegian)

• Subscriber

Think he should just stay where he is and make a career for himself to move to one of the bigger Germany clubs in the Bundesliga. He's young, getting a lot of playing time and hes playing really well right now. Why stop all that to change the league and burn rhythm? Makes no sense. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived