talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man United/Arsenal

football forum

3 hours ago, Batard said:

Would replace Werner I'm assuming?

Yes, that is the obvious conclusion to make. But Werner is highly unlikely to leave Leipzig in January, it's more like he will leave them in the summer. As for Haaland, I really don't think that he will be at Salzburg beyond January, if he has that release clause allowing him to leave Salzburg for £17  million in January.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Competition for Haaland...

...at United:

-Rashford

-Martial

-Greenwood

...Arsenal:

-Auba

-Lacazette

-Martinelli

...Dortmund:

-out of shape Alcacér, maybe nobody at all(nobody knows for how long Paco is going to be injured)

-> +2.5 in favour of Dortmund

United: No CL

Arsenal: no CL

Dortmund: CL

-> +1 Dortmund

United: big money

Arsenal: big money

Dortmund: not big money

->+1 United & Arsenal

End result

+2.5 in favour of Dortmund

Flawless analysis

Sorry, but no sorry, guys! He ours.

xoxo

42 minutes ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Competition for Haaland...

...at United:

-Rashford

-Martial

-Greenwood

...Arsenal:

-Auba

-Lacazette

-Martinelli

...Dortmund:

-out of shape Alcacér, maybe nobody at all(nobody knows for how long Paco is going to be injured)

-> +2.5 in favour of Dortmund

United: No CL

Arsenal: no CL

Dortmund: CL

-> +1 Dortmund

United: big money

Arsenal: big money

Dortmund: not big money

->+1 United & Arsenal

End result

+2.5 in favour of Dortmund

Flawless analysis

Sorry, but no sorry, guys! He ours.

xoxo

Yes, I'd agree that Dortmund are favorites to sign him, especially with Alcacer out injured for a while. Even the media reports about his possible destination, mostly have Dortmund as the favorites to sign him. But you didn't mention RB Leipzig in your analysis, they are a team renowned for giving young players a chance and they have strong connections with RB Salzburg. Haaland may want to remain with the Red Bull family before he joins an elite club in 3 or 4 years time.

At the end of the day, it's Haaland's choice to choose between the clubs that bid for him. Who knows, he may even decide to stay longer at Salzburg, it's all down to what Haaland wants, even if there is that low release clause in his contract. 

It’s interesting how he’s really the only member of RB Salzburg that’s being linked away with a big move.

Imo Minamino is by far their best player. And he’s not been seeing the same sort of hype at all. I get it’s the goals that Haaland gets that give him this attention... but Minamino was so fucking impressive in their CL campaign

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s interesting how he’s really the only member of RB Salzburg that’s being linked away with a big move.

Imo Minamino is by far their best player. And he’s not been seeing the same sort of hype at all. I get it’s the goals that Haaland gets that give him this attention... but Minamino was so fucking impressive in their CL campaign

I'd also imagine a lot of Haaland's goal would not have come about if Hwang wasn't there!

It reminds me of Frankfurt and how Jovic would tear teams apart - he probably wouldn't have looked so good if Haller wasn't there also. 

• Subscriber

Both Minamino and Hwang have been linked with Premier League clubs for a while now. Szoboszlai as well. It's just that the hype around Haaland is huge so everything else gets kind of buried. 

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Both Minamino and Hwang have been linked with Premier League clubs for a while now. Szoboszlai as well. It's just that the hype around Haaland is huge so everything else gets kind of buried. 

Have they? I’ve not seen anything other than something linking us with Minamino but I think the original source turned out to be some crap rumour mill that’s been caught in the past just making shit up. So I think he’s seen Liverpool fans were like “oh shit that guy is good” and thought “oh this will get a lot of clicks if I make this up.” Haven’t seen any transfer news about Hwang either.

But yeah, I can see that maybe other links would be buried under the Haaland hype. They’ve got a pretty impressive squad, I suspect many of their players are being looked at.

• Subscriber
On 05/12/2019 at 19:53, Batard said:

Sure I read somewhere he wanted to play for Leeds at some point in his career being his place of birth, imagine that, he'd piss the championship 

I read something that said he wants to score in the Champions League for Leeds.

• Subscriber

I'd be all over Hwang and Minamino, at least one of them if I was in charge of our recruitment.

Surely Haaland is cup tied for the CL knockouts anyway? Or did they change the rules.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Have they? I’ve not seen anything other than something linking us with Minamino but I think the original source turned out to be some crap rumour mill that’s been caught in the past just making shit up. So I think he’s seen Liverpool fans were like “oh shit that guy is good” and thought “oh this will get a lot of clicks if I make this up.” Haven’t seen any transfer news about Hwang either.

But yeah, I can see that maybe other links would be buried under the Haaland hype. They’ve got a pretty impressive squad, I suspect many of their players are being looked at.

Hwang has been linked with Arsenal and Crystal Palace and as you said Minamino has been linked with you - not sure about the credibility of the original sources but Salzburg fans seem to think that after four years at the club he's likely to be leaving :( There seem to be rumours coming today "from the inside" that they'll sell more than one player during the winter transfer window.

• Subscriber

I'd take Minamino over Hwang in an instant. He's a fast-paced midfielder and i think he'd offer a superb slot-in for anyone playing as an attacking player in our team. Over the two legs we played them he was the biggest problem because he seems to find the space to push the ball into attackers with ease and that is something our wingers could really benefit from as well. 

I don't know where Haaland will end up but I think he's a great prospect for the future and I am really surprised Bayern aren't looking at him more seriously.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'd be all over Hwang and Minamino, at least one of them if I was in charge of our recruitment.

Surely Haaland is cup tied for the CL knockouts anyway? Or did they change the rules.

Yeah think he will be cup-tied. I imagine there'll be deals lined up for the summer though...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah think he will be cup-tied. I imagine there'll be deals lined up for the summer though...

I think UEFA has abolished that rule now. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think UEFA has abolished that rule now. 

Aye :coffee:

On March 27th 2018 UEFA announced that they will be phasing out the cup tie rule for the Champions League and Europa League starting in the 2018-2019 season. ... This means that players can represent two different clubs in the Europa League and Champions League, but only a maximum of one player per club.

Cup-tied - Wikipedia

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Michael said:

According to Ruhr Nachrichten, Erling Haaland and his agent were in Dortmund on Wednesday, in talks over a potential transfer to Borussia. 

https://bvbbuzz.com/2019/12/11/erling-haaland-borussia-dortmund-talks-transfer/

That has been confirmed today by Christoph Freund. He also revealed that Haaland also went to Leipzig to discuss a potential transfer with them too. Salzburg are aware of him talking to other clubs but so far there has been no talks or negotiations between Salzburg and a potential buying club. 

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

That has been confirmed today by Christoph Freund. He also revealed that Haaland also went to Leipzig to discuss a potential transfer with them too. Salzburg are aware of him talking to other clubs but so far there has been no talks or negotiations between Salzburg and a potential buying club. 

Well it looks like he is almost certain to leave Salzburg in January then. Dortmund and Leipzig both look like clubs which would suit him and improve his game. Dortmund need an extra natural out and out striker, as they only really have Alcacer in that position, while Leipzig are renowned for giving youngsters a chance.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

Well it looks like he is almost certain to leave Salzburg in January then. Dortmund and Leipzig both look like clubs which would suit him and improve his game. Dortmund need an extra natural out and out striker, as they only really have Alcacer in that position, while Leipzig are renowned for giving youngsters a chance.

Joining a Bundesliga club is a much better decision at this stage of his career than a move to one of the big clubs in England; I'm glad he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. It's a step up from the Austrian league and at the same time the level of expectations will be much much lower than it would be at United or Arsenal etc. A good place for him to develop further. 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Joining a Bundesliga club is a much better decision at this stage of his career than a move to one of the big clubs in England; I'm glad he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. It's a step up from the Austrian league and at the same time the level of expectations will be much much lower than it would be at United or Arsenal etc. A good place for him to develop further. 

Yes, I agree, it would be the best move for him right now. In fact he is alleged to have said himself that he is not ready for an elite clube just yet. Although Dortmund could perhaps be classed as a elite/top tier club, or at least they were a few years ago. Either way, Dortmund could definitely do with him as back up to Alcacer. German clubs also seem to be much more willing to give youngsters a chance, than the top English or the top Spanish teams.

• The topic was locked

Archived