The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man United/Arsenal

football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.7ca8bb48d84a412cce6dd57d795fded0.png

RB Leipzig boss Julian Nagelsmann has held transfer talks with Red Bull Salzburg's Norway international striker Erling Haaland, 19, linked with a January move to Manchester United, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer flew to Salzburg to meet Haaland on Friday as the club pursues its top target. (Mail)

Meanwhile, Red Bull Salzburg sporting director Christoph Freund believes it is "too soon" for Haaland to leave the Austrian club. (Mirror)

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.6385fb03282cdd3071106690d738d48a.png

Posted at 17:07
Solskjaer on Haaland

Man Utd 1-1 Everton

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg  Simon Stone

BBC Sport at Old Trafford

5669061a-ca60-4b74-ac6a-d29b8ae51ae3.jpg

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he did not want to comment on Friday's trip to Austria to see prolific striker Erling Haaland.

Asked what he has said to Haaland, Solskjaer said: "He knows what he wants to do and knows what he is going to do."

Interesting comment.

Haaland has a number of options - including staying at Red Bull Salzburg.

He played under Solskjaer at Molde.

On 12/12/2019 at 21:25, Tommy said:

How the fuck would he end up in Dortmund and not in Leipzig if he's already at a Red Bull team. 

My gut feeling is that he will be going to RB Leipzig as well. They may already have 4 talented forwards, but they are famed for rotating their players regularly from match to match. I think that he will probably stay with the RB family and move to Leipzig, before making the intended move to one of the elite clubs in 2 or 3 years time.

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.83ff26a3b29daf3e5b050dbf2e5337d0.png

Reports this morning suggest RB Salzburg striker Erling Haaland has flown into Manchester for transfer talks as he looks to complete a move to Old Trafford. (StreetyNews)

Reports in Norway say Erling Haaland is flying into Manchester to discuss a potential move to United.

Norwegian newspaper Aftonbladet writes: “Now it seems that things are going on. Aftenbladet has sources that Erling Braut Haaland and his father Alf-Inge Haaland travelled to Manchester from Sola on Friday morning with a Norwegian plane.”

This is a development to watch as United attempt to tie up a deal ahead of January.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.83ff26a3b29daf3e5b050dbf2e5337d0.png

Reports this morning suggest RB Salzburg striker Erling Haaland has flown into Manchester for transfer talks as he looks to complete a move to Old Trafford. (StreetyNews)

Reports in Norway say Erling Haaland is flying into Manchester to discuss a potential move to United.

Norwegian newspaper Aftonbladet writes: “Now it seems that things are going on. Aftenbladet has sources that Erling Braut Haaland and his father Alf-Inge Haaland travelled to Manchester from Sola on Friday morning with a Norwegian plane.”

This is a development to watch as United attempt to tie up a deal ahead of January.

Quote.thumb.png.cd287dbd663bdded05377fdef0105095.png

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Paul Pogba "is not being sold in January" and also denied he was meeting Red Bull Salzburg striker Erling Haaland on Friday.

Midfielder Pogba's return from injury has been delayed by illness, and he is unlikely to play at Watford on Sunday.

Meanwhile, reports on Friday claimed Haaland had flown from Stavanger in Norway to Manchester with his father.

But Solskjaer said the 19-year-old was "on a Christmas holiday".

"I don't think he is en route here," said the 46-year-old of a player he managed when in charge of Molde. "You can't fly anywhere from Stavanger.

"I can't comment on other teams' players. You get a lot of speculation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50863794

Breaking News: It has been anounced officially that Erling Haaland has joined Dortmund. It is said that Dortmund have bought Haaland for £18 million. Haaland has signed a contract at Dortmund until 2024. 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/erling-haaland-joins-borussia-dortmund-from-red-bull-salzburg-8994

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/erling-braut-haaland-borussia-dortmund-transfer-news-manchester-united-latest-a9263371.html

Apparently Manchester United were offering a better financial package than Dortmund, but Haaland opted to join Dortmund as he felt that they offered him better prospects in terms of his development as a player.

Personally I think that Dortmund have bought a bargain in Haaland. An  £18 million transfer fee is peanuts in this day and age. His scoring record has been incredible this season for Salzburg, with 28 goals in only 22 appearances for the club. The 19 year old is a very bright prospect and he will offer Dortmund more strength in attack, as he is the ideal type of out and out goalscorer that can compete with Paco Alcacer.

2 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Reus, Sancho and Haaland - the rest of us might just as well fight for second place as that trio will be awesome!

In all seriousness, Sancho and Haaland are probably the best two teenage footballers in the world right now. Reus and those 2 teenagers will form one of the most lethal forward lines in the world. Dortmund have excellent attacking firepower.

30 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

The perfect move for him. They are literally a match made in heaven in my opinion and he'll develop well there. 

Not the type of striker Favre likes to play With though. I hope that Favre was happy With the deal and intend to use him.

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

He has such a punchable face. 

erling-haaland-stuermt-in.jpg

I do not think that would be advisable.   

4 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

Hearing Raiola wanted a low buy out clause and a percentage of any future transfer fee. Dortmund gave him what he wanted, United told him to piss off.

It did say that that was what Raiola was looking for and that United weren't interested in agreeing to those terms. But it doesn't say anywhere that Dortmund accepted both those terms either. We could guess that they did, but there is no proof of that just yet, as the full details of the transfer haven't been released.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Best option for him, the Bundesliga has proved it is great for young talents. Where they will be given time and space to grow. Especially Dortmund which is a superb team, and a great community for making superstars.

Yes, I completely agree, youngsters are given much more of a chance in the Bundesliga than they usually are at most EPL clubs. Out of the 4 clubs who were seriously after him, Dortmund were perhaps the team that needed him the most. Alcacer is really the only Dortmund player who is a goal poacher, and he has unfortunately been injured a lot recently. Adding a centre forward such as Haaland is just what Dortmund needed.

Haaland will no doubt get a lot of playing time at Dortmund and his stock is bound to increase with their attacking style of football, which will likely mean he will be among many of the goals.

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Michael said:

Haaland will no doubt get a lot of playing time at Dortmund and his stock is bound to increase with their attacking style of football, which will likely mean he will be among many of the goals.

Quite happy with that choice really because I don't think he would have got much playing time at United, I have a soft spot for Dortmund and class them as my German team I support as I was stationed in Dortmund during my army days in Germany.

• The topic was locked

Archived