talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erling Haaland - Man United/Arsenal

football forum

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quite happy with that choice really because I don't think he would have got much playing time at United, I have a soft spot for Dortmund and class them as my German team I support as I was stationed in Dortmund during my army days in Germany.

Yeah, Dortmund seem like the perfect platform for him to shine and prove himself regularly at a high level. With all due respect to the Austrian League, it's not really the perfect benchmark in which to judge the quality of players. But I have seen enough of Haaland in the Champions League and the Europa League to think that he is the real deal. 

It has emerged that Manchester United were willing to pay Haaland £70,000 a week more than what Dortmund are paying hime. Apparently he will be on £100,000 a week at Dortmund. But he chose Dortmund ahead of United because of the prospect of regulat Champions League football and the fact that Dortmund have an excellent track record of helping to develop young players, well that''s according to the reports at least.

That's interesting that you were stationed in Dortmund, it's a nice city and the atmosphere in the Westfalenstadion is second to none.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Michael said:

That's interesting that you were stationed in Dortmund, it's a nice city and the atmosphere in the Westfalenstadion is second to none

Off Topic but me and the wife loved it in Dortmund, the people were all friendly plus the streets were clean and tidy and not littered with rubbish, a German boozer called Der Alegra was just across the road where we lived in our flat (Balsta Strasse), lovely boozer and the doors never closed until the last person left.

Sit at a table and a waitress would come up and take our order and once they knew you they would mark your beer mats with a tick and you would pay it later when leaving or they would keep it under the counter if you were short of cash and you could pay it later, those were the days...sigh  :x

36 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Off Topic but me and the wife loved it in Dortmund, the people were all friendly plus the streets were clean and tidy and not littered with rubbish, a German boozer called Der Alegra was just across the road where we lived in our flat (Balsta Strasse), lovely boozer and the doors never closed until the last person left.

Sit at a table and a waitress would come up and take our order and once they knew you they would mark your beer mats with a tick and you would pay it later when leaving or they would keep it under the counter if you were short of cash and you could pay it later, those were the days...sigh  :x

Yeah, I don't know when you were there, but it was also just as clean as you've described when I went there. I only ever went there once and it was for the semi finals of the 2013 Champions League with Dortmund facing Real Madrid. Lewandowski scored 4 goals that night against Ronaldo's Real Madrid To give Dortmund a 4-1 win on the night. The atmosphere at the stadium was incredible. The Dortmund fans made so much noise, it really was a sight to behold and it was a night I will never forget.

I think that German cities in general are cleaner than most of our biggest cities in the UK. Heck, even cities in Poland and Ukraine seem to be cleaner. One thing that is very noticeable is that you don't see any homeless people in Poland and Ukraine at least, as opposed to the significant number of homeless people you find in most cities in the UK.

• The topic was locked

Archived