Head to Head Record
Leicester - 35 wins
Draws - 21
Tottenham - 56 wins

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We have to go back to 1 defensive midfielder and not play Maddison as an winger/inverted winger. It's just not right to put him there and not use him to his strengths which is to play centrally.

I'd be happy with either Ndidi or Choudhury. As much as I love them both, it's not right to play them together in this kind of game, at home, where we should try and take the initiative and take the game to Spurs.

Barnes has to play, as well. There's no reason at all for Gray to play (how did he even start last week against Utd?!). Barnes is much more impactful and effective.

Kasper

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell

Ndidi or Choudhury

Albrighton - Maddison - Tielemans - Barnes

Vardy

• Subscriber

Stan basically saves me a post there. Rodgers is developing this really bizarre blind spot of playing Maddison on the left and it's completely spoiling our entire attacking game. It's infuriating, when you look at the results with him in the middle against when he plays out wide there's just no possible explanation for it that makes any sense to me.

We've started well results wise but I think we could be even higher up, and I think if he doesn't learn from this, we will soon be dropping back down the table.

This is a tough one really because Tottenham are a good side player for player, but something's been off about them for a while. No away win since Fulham in January and something like 19 points in 18 games which is ridiculously bad for a team of their standing. Can you really brush off a defeat against a side in that kind of form if it happens?

Come on Brendan. You know it makes sense. Maddison in the middle and take some initiative.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Rodgers does make some bizarre decisions with regards to playing players out of position. I remember Sterling at RWB and Firmino right wing for Liverpool

xD that doesn't put me at ease.

It's so infuriating. He's found the winning formula and he's moving from it.

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Storts said:

On the train now, nice early start for this one. Can’t see us winning, take a point now 

I can see you winning. Kane and Son to score. Standard. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I can see you winning. Kane and Son to score. Standard. 

I dunno mate really tricky game to call - could go either way, depends which Tottenham turns up. Palace spurs or Greece spurs 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Storts said:

I dunno mate really tricky game to call - could go either way, depends which Tottenham turns up. Palace spurs or Greece spurs 

If we're playing 2 DMs at home, you'll find a way to win. 

If we're a bit more adventurous it could be a better game. 

So yeah, depends which Leicester turns up too xD

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

If we're playing 2 DMs at home, you'll find a way to win. 

If we're a bit more adventurous it could be a better game. 

So yeah, depends which Leicester turns up too xD

Playing two DMs at home to Spurs is a bit different to playing them at home to someone outside the top 6 though. I'd say starting with that and trying to win the midfield battle is a decent starting point.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Playing two DMs at home to Spurs is a bit different to playing them at home to someone outside the top 6 though. I'd say starting with that and trying to win the midfield battle is a decent starting point.

It's more the fact that it means Maddison definitely plays more on the wing than centrally it we play 2 DMs. And that just isn't right. 

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's more the fact that it means Maddison definitely plays more on the wing than centrally it we play 2 DMs. And that just isn't right. 

Fair enough, who's the third midfielder, Tielemans? Might have to sacrifice one of them in games like this. Not necessarily a bad thing because it means you have an option on the bench to change things when needed. I don't know who the wide player coming in would be though and whether there's too much of a drop off in quality

• Subscriber

Fell asleep on the sofa with Spurs leading 1-0, woke up and seen Leicester 2-1 winners and no Vardy on the score sheet, oh yer...and Leicester now move into 2nd place behind Liverpool on the table...think I will doze off and wake up again to see if I was dreaming. 

• Administrator

Well that was a very good game I thought. And not just because we won. Started off very fiery and frantic. Several challenges thrown in. 

Maddison, Soyuncu, Ndidi and Pereira were all quality. Decent starting line up from Rodgers means we start off on the front foot. Momentum was taken out of us steer their goal though. Kane just loves to score against us and the amount of times he does so is just silly. 

Think we were good for the 3 points. At times Maddison was too much for Spurs and he fully deserved his goal. Decent strike from him. 

Think the ref could have been better in first half. Wasn't consistent with decisions and gave a lot Spurs way I thought. Having said that I didn't see anything wrong with Sissoko's tackle and he got the Rose penalty shout right. Not seen replays but Rose goes over easily. 

Atmosphere was very good today as well I think. Spurs fans were loud too until Maddison scored. 

• Subscriber

Cracking goal that by Maddison, give Rogers his due he managed at Liverpool then at Glasgow Celtic where he got a lot of trophies and a lot of people might say "Yer but Scottish Football is not the same level as the EPL..." but the main thing is he has got that winning mentality in him now and wants to prove himself down here, SAF did it with Aberdeen and United and Rogers might just do the same with Leicester. 

• Subscriber

God that was the most enjoyable home game in a long time. I thought we were really good today, even when behind I thought we'd actually been OK, naive at times but a much better performance than last week. We actually looked like we believed in ourselves to win that game today, no dropped heads, no major panic. We were aggressive but classy at the same time.

Maddison was excellent. It was only in the week I said he needs to get more goals from open play and he couldn't have answered that any better.

Soyuncu makes errors (he looked at fault for their goal) but you saw the best of him as well today. He's got an error in him but he is young enough to cut that out.

Only seen a little image on a phone of their offside and to be honest it does look pretty farcical. I mean in a way it's karma for ther fans singing about VAR but it doesn't look a good one.

I've got my belief back. Rodgers saw sense and it paid dividends.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived