talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 2-1 Tottenham - Saturday 21st September, 2019

football forum

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

God that was the most enjoyable home game in a long time. I thought we were really good today, even when behind I thought we'd actually been OK, naive at times but a much better performance than last week. We actually looked like we believed in ourselves to win that game today, no dropped heads, no major panic. We were aggressive but classy at the same time.

Maddison was excellent. It was only in the week I said he needs to get more goals from open play and he couldn't have answered that any better.

Soyuncu makes errors (he looked at fault for their goal) but you saw the best of him as well today. He's got an error in him but he is young enough to cut that out.

Only seen a little image on a phone of their offside and to be honest it does look pretty farcical. I mean in a way it's karma for ther fans singing about VAR but it doesn't look a good one.

I've got my belief back. Rodgers saw sense and it paid dividends.

Soyuncu gave a little push on Kane. If anything it helped him weirdly. Kane's done well to fashion a goal out of that to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

@Dan It was offside, if the lino calls that and they go back with a replay everyone will say it was tight but the ref called it well. VAR does it and people complain :what: Done it's job there, ruled out an offside goal

Exactly. 

1mm or not, it's offside. If you make it so there's leeway of 5mm or something, when a player is 6mm offside people will say 'oh but it's so close to 5mm'. The ruling is that if any part of the body you can score with is offside, then it has to be called offside, no matter what the margin. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Soyuncu gave a little push on Kane. If anything it helped him weirdly. Kane's done well to fashion a goal out of that to be honest. 

Exactly. 

1mm or not, it's offside. If you make it so there's leeway of 5mm or something, when a player is 6mm offside people will say 'oh but it's so close to 5mm'. The ruling is that if any part of the body you can score with is offside, then it has to be called offside, no matter what the margin. 

The finish from Kane is genius. Really is clever from him.

I think today summed up Soyuncu - he's got an error in him but he's also got a lot going for him, he fits very nicely into this side.

He's young enough to get a lot better too. That bit of defending from him late on was superb.

0Lord have mercy, are the lcfc fans going to give the squad more credit than the team and Rodgers deserve (same team that lost to Man utd so poorly ) as the fans of the team that beat spurs in June 1.... a win is a win but let's not get carry away... teso has been saying that spurs had reached their peak with Poch and they are on decline. Certainly not as fast as lcfc after the snakes took over but its becoming more obvious that poch is ready for a big job like RM or Barcelona. I like both poch and spurs but it's time he leaves the landing and takes the next step to the top. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

0Lord have mercy, are the lcfc fans going to give the squad more credit than the team and Rodgers deserve (same team that lost to Man utd so poorly ) as the fans of the team that beat spurs in June 1.... a win is a win but let's not get carry away... teso has been saying that spurs had reached their peak with Poch and they are on decline. Certainly not as fast as lcfc after the snakes took over but its becoming more obvious that poch is ready for a big job like RM or Barcelona. I like both poch and spurs but it's time he leaves the landing and takes the next step to the top. 

Literally haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

Ignoring the VAR call which admittedly was harsh, Spurs have lost that solidarity they once have. Used to collect clean sheets on the bounce, now they struggle to get two back to back.

I can't help but feel there is a bit of steel that they miss in midfield. Like when Dier was on form, or Dembele covered every blade of the pitch. They just don't have that for me now. Never seen them lose so many leads from winning positions.

And I maintain Erikson is the man that makes them tick. No Erikson, especially an unhappy one, has been a disaster for Spurs.

Criminal for them how it's basically got to this point but you can sense disharmony in the camp. Tottenham used to come across having great team spirit but that looks to be lacking drom what I've seen this season.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, Dan said:

The finish from Kane is genius. Really is clever from him.

I think today summed up Soyuncu - he's got an error in him but he's also got a lot going for him, he fits very nicely into this side.

He's young enough to get a lot better too. That bit of defending from him late on was superb.

I don't even think it was an error as such. We got caught on the break and Son being Son was good enough to hold off a couple of defenders and provide for Kane. 

He's just so confident on the ball. We thought Maguire was confident. Soyuncu is next level. His karate kick on the halfway line xD

35 minutes ago, Dan said:

Random praise alert. Jonny Evans is class. He'd walk into loads of sides in this league.

Absolutely. Great partnership between he and Caglar. 

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ignoring the VAR call which admittedly was harsh, Spurs have lost that solidarity they once have. Used to collect clean sheets on the bounce, now they struggle to get two back to back.

I can't help but feel there is a bit of steel that they miss in midfield. Like when Dier was on form, or Dembele covered every blade of the pitch. They just don't have that for me now. Never seen them lose so many leads from winning positions.

And I maintain Erikson is the man that makes them tick. No Erikson, especially an unhappy one, has been a disaster for Spurs.

Criminal for them how it's basically got to this point but you can sense disharmony in the camp. Tottenham used to come across having great team spirit but that looks to be lacking drom what I've seen this season.

I was shocked to see Eriksen and Moura both not starting. Alli not in the squad I can understand cos of his injuries and poor form but to leave out the other two played in to our hands a little. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The area they've gone backwards the most for me is at full back. Rose isn't what he was and Aurier isn't Walker. Them playing centre halves there at times as well is just madness.

I really think Kane might leave them next summer.

• Subscriber

Well played. The Sun seem to be outdoing themselves recently and I can only hope that players from both Leicester and Palace publicly embarrassing them in this manner more than once so far this season is a movement towards the rest of the country following the scousers route to boycotting the shameless dockers.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

xD it's great but I do think he's got to stop trying to beat the same player about six times. Been a few instances where he's turned someone and got into a decent postion, only to then turn back into it.

On 22/09/2019 at 02:47, Stan said:

Exactly. 

I'd rather see it reviewed and the response say "within the margins of error. Referees original call stands". 

I don't think the technologies can be as accurate as people expect, and I think it's better to be up front about the limitations and have calculated tolerances than pretend your system is perfect.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd rather see it reviewed and the response say "within the margins of error. Referees original call stands". 

I don't think the technologies can be as accurate as people expect, and I think it's better to be up front about the limitations and have calculated tolerances than pretend your system is perfect.

But what is that margin of error? What defines that margin? 

At the moment, it relies on how inexplicably accurate it can be and I don't see why that should change? If you introduce margins, it just widens the ambiguity, for me. Like in the above example, if you have a margin of error for, let's say, 5mm, and then a player is 6mm offside - do you add an additional margin of error because it is so minimally close?

If you already go in from the start of such a system saying 'it has limitations', you're already on the back foot (especially given the polarising nature of it anyway). Has anyone actually said it's perfect? I think they claim it is very accurate (which it is). 

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

But what is that margin of error? What defines that margin? 

At the moment, it relies on how inexplicably accurate it can be and I don't see why that should change? If you introduce margins, it just widens the ambiguity, for me. Like in the above example, if you have a margin of error for, let's say, 5mm, and then a player is 6mm offside - do you add an additional margin of error because it is so minimally close?

If you already go in from the start of such a system saying 'it has limitations', you're already on the back foot (especially given the polarising nature of it anyway). Has anyone actually said it's perfect? I think they claim it is very accurate (which it is). 

Normally in engineering/scientific methods you calculate the tolerance based on the potential error able to be introduced through each variable.

For example the level of accuracy that they can pinpoint the exact moment the ball is released from the boot of the assisting player... If that's limited to the nearest single frame of the recording then the error is half of one frame that's 0.01s on a 50Hz recording. If that was the only time accuracy variable then you'd multiply that by the speed a sprinting player could travel in that time period. Maybe 10m/s fire an ultra fast runner. That gives an error of 10m/s x 0.01s =0.1m or 10cm...

There are other variables and ways you could do it but I'm sure the people who develop the technology and understand the real limitations and could publicise it for improved transparency.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Normally in engineering/scientific methods you calculate the tolerance based on the potential error able to be introduced through each variable.

For example the level of accuracy that they can pinpoint the exact moment the ball is released from the boot of the assisting player... If that's limited to the nearest single frame of the recording then the error is half of one frame that's 0.01s on a 50Hz recording. If that was the only time accuracy variable then you'd multiply that by the speed a sprinting player could travel in that time period. Maybe 10m/s fire an ultra fast runner. That gives an error of 10m/s x 0.01s =0.1m or 10cm...

There are other variables and ways you could do it but I'm sure the people who develop the technology and understand the real limitations and could publicise it for improved transparency.

Fair enough. I'm all for the improved transparency and clarity. Always have been from day one really. That's why I'm more of a fan of this offside ruling in that any part of your body you can score with is offside. Whether it's 1mm or clear as day. Offside is offside. Same with the handball rule by attacking players that can lead to a goal. Remove the grey area of intention and you have a simple rule - if it hits the hand and leads to a goal, it's disallowed. It only gets perceived as unfair because of how the previous rules were in place in that it may have 'accidentally' touched the hand of a player - but then this is where interpretation comes in and amplifies the confusion.

Fucking seriously? :rofl:

I remember when football was a mans sport. Now it's just about wet wipes being more concerned about the 'correct decision', even to the point of science. 

Fuck me. Bring back Roy Keane, Billy Bremner, even fucking Duncan Ferguson. Anything but this fanny wipping shite.

Why cant people just accept that mistakes will be made no matter what when human opinion is involved. Trying to get everything perfect whilst still making massive errors is not only killing the game as we know it, it's also embarrassing.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I remember when football was a mans sport. Now it's just about wet wipes being more concerned about the 'correct decision', even to the point of science. 

Fuck me. Bring back Roy Keane, Billy Bremner, even fucking Duncan Ferguson. Anything but this fanny wipping shite.

We've got Jonny Evans mate. 

Football still is a man's sport. The introduction of technology in any sense doesn't take anything away from that. Bizarre statement. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

We've got Jonny Evans mate. 

Football still is a man's sport. The introduction of technology in any sense doesn't take anything away from that. Bizarre statement. 

Bizarre? It's a fanny's game now Stan. Football as a spectacle is being ruined. You only have to ask the match going fans on here. 

Referee's and VAR is like thick cunt v's thick cunt. 

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Bizarre? It's a fanny's game now Stan. Football as a spectacle is being ruined. You only have to ask the match going fans on here. 

Referee's and VAR is like thick cunt v's thick cunt. 

I am one as well so believe I'm also in a suitable position to comment :) 

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I am one as well so believe I'm also in a suitable position to comment :) 

You are in the minority mate, surely you can see that? You are one of those that want every decision bang on regardless. I get that, but I dont care if a couple of dubious/tight decisions are gotten wrong. In a nutshell, I cant fuking stand it xD much preferred football before all this VAR bollocks.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You are in the minority mate, surely you can see that?

Didn't feel like that when 32,000 cheered the goals (legit and disallowed ones) on Saturday.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Why cant people just accept that mistakes will be made no matter what when human opinion is involved. Trying to get everything perfect whilst still making massive errors is not only killing the game as we know it, it's also embarrassing.

You're sounding alot like someone who hasn't lost a crucial knockout game on a refereeing mistake mate. 

You'd be fine with England losing a world cup final in the 93rd minute based on a marginal offside call that a video replay would comfortably overturn?

You'd stick by what you're saying now and not complain?

Archived