• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

West Ham 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 22nd September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I remember when United beat Spurs away last season under OGS and the stick I got when I said no one should get carried away with this. 

If history told us anything, never get carried away with caretaker managers. 

Yeah I said it too. The managerial success that Solskjaer has had at United since joining was all due to the novelty effect of the players feeling more free than the labour they had to work with under Mourinho.

• Subscriber

Man Utd are a corpse of a club. Most of those players are shite. Most of those fans have been hoodwinked into thinking players like Pereira and McTominay are anything better than bang average mid table players because they're "young United players" or something. 

I wouldn't even say they're under performing. They just genuinely aren't any better than West Ham with that team they've put out today. They're a bit better when Pogba plays and can be arsed, only enough to be the bottom of the top six instead of a 7th-10th placed club.

Solskjaer and Woodward are both out of their depth. I have some sympathy for the former but Woodward is stealing a wage at Old Trafford to an extent that Alexis Sanchez would be proud of.

I'm fed up of supporting my club spending quite a lot to be totally stagnant but at least we aren't spending amongst the most in the world to go noticeably backwards every season.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Man Utd are a corpse of a club. Most of those players are shite. 

Not gonna lie, with how long I've been under a rock, I took a look at United's squad and there hasn't been a high profile signing since Sanchez. I still think they are a brand first and foremost but even that theres less arguments for it now.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Wan-Bissaka was high profile. Doesn’t have to be a ‘galactico’ to be amazing. Liverpool have a front 3 that weren’t massively high profile and they’re all class. High profile signings have failed at United since Ferguson left. 

Agreed. Pogba was probably the last galactico signing Utd made and he is everything that is wrong with the club.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Not gonna lie, with how long I've been under a rock, I took a look at United's squad and there hasn't been a high profile signing since Sanchez. I still think they are a brand first and foremost but even that theres less arguments for it now.

The owners are definitely more interested in the share price than the trophy cabinet. They can't get away with getting much worse though without the value of the club taking a hit. They aren't in the Champions League this season and have only been relevant in the title race once or twice since Fergie retired. If I remember correctly last year in Forbes or something was the first sign of a genuine decline in their club value/share price so it isn't long until something will change I imagine.

They just need to decide what it is they actually want to build. The only way I can see them making a comeback is by going all out to get Poch to build it for them. I can't see another manager in the world equipped to untangle the Man Utd mess who would actually take on the job now.

• Subscriber

Another shit show from what I have heard and why the FUCK does he still play Young and make him the Captain, keep DeGea in goal keep Rashford, keep Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, McTominay and James and put the rest of the shit on a raft with Captain Birds Eye young and send them in the middle of the ocean with Woody Woodpecker and the Glazers swimming beside the raft.

The only happy thing about this result was that my departed dear old pops now in the sky above was a Hammers supporter and I guess he is now pissed as a newt and singing with his idol Bobby Moore also pissed. :drunk:

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Wan-Bissaka was high profile. Doesn’t have to be a ‘galactico’ to be amazing. Liverpool have a front 3 that weren’t massively high profile and they’re all class. High profile signings have failed at United since Ferguson left. 

Think you got your terms a bit mixed up there. High profile is reputation, not quality. Yeah Wan Bissaka is a good player from what I hear but Sanchez was a superstar when he signed for United. Pogba was the same at Juve when he returned. Those players that even some non-football fans could potentially recognize.

46 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve got a massive headache. Utterly awful to watch. I’ll say it again, I don’t mind seeing any of my teams lose if they do it with pride, passion and fight. This club at the moment might as well be dead.

My heart has never felt so warm

The most damning thing about today is the lack of shock or surprise that United lost. Most people expected this and it’s happened, largely in the manner many expected. 

That said, West Ham are a good side. They seemed to be brushed under the carpet a little before the season started because it seemed like, if you believed a so-called “expert”, it was only Everton, Leicester or Wolves who could threaten those in European qualification contention. West Ham have a good front four and play the game the right way, they’re in with a good chance of a top 8 finish.   

• The topic was unpinned

Archived