Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

Head to Head
Chelsea - 63 wins
Draws - 42
Liverpool - 77 wins

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see how Lampard adjusts the team and whether it will be an open high scoring affair or a tense congested battle where chances are hard to come by...

I never saw the United game but interested whether there were lessons there.

Only one win against them in our last 5 games and this being at the bridge, you'd think our winning start to the season will probably be disrupted here.

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'd be disappointed if we don't win this. Chelsea are conceding goals left right and centre

Honestly, we all know I'm not exactly a huge Liverpool fan. But this is men against boys. Liverpool are a proper team of top players completely in sync, with a strong understanding of their game plan vs Chelsea, a bits and pieces team finding their feet. 

Should be a cake walk. 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Honestly, we all know I'm not exactly a huge Liverpool fan. But this is men against boys. Liverpool are a proper team of top players completely in sync, with a strong understanding of their game plan vs Chelsea, a bits and pieces team finding their feet. 

Should be a cake walk. 

I don't necessarily think it will be 'a cake walk' but if you look at Chelsea's results at home so far this season and their defensive record we should be winning this

26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I don't necessarily think it will be 'a cake walk' but if you look at Chelsea's results at home so far this season and their defensive record we should be winning this

Except that we are big dogs, and that generates the adrenaline and excitement for a young nothing-to-lose team like Chelsea to rise to the occasion.

I would bet on a draw for this one.

Kante trained today, but Mount missed out probably won't play on Sunday. Even tough we do concede one too many, don't think Liverpool will have it easy or have a field day. We haven't won a single home game this season, two draws and a defeat in all competitions. We have won one, drew one and lost one in the last three against Liverpool at the Bridge in the league. Somehow felt in the recent years we do better at Anfield and Liverpool do better at the Bridge.

I wouldn't mind a draw, but maybe we surprise them like in the Super Cup.

Just now, Cicero said:

If Emerson, Kante, and Rudiger are fit I’d fancy us to hold Liverpool fairly well. 3 at the back needing to be ditched obviously. 

We’ll concede. Just a matter if we can score as much as them. 

Back three against Liverpool would be suicide, also think the top three should be finally all fit. Kante has been missing since forever, without a doubt or best player.

• Subscriber

I think Chelsea will score, possibly more than once, but Liverpool will overrun them, even at Stamford Bridge. 

The only asterisk is Liverpool's away form against the rest of the big six in the last two seasons, didn't realise they were only on one win in 12 or whatever the stat I saw the other night was.

Would like to think we will have enough about us to possibly win this but still have no faith in the back line not having one or two moments where we just concede.. Both sides coming into this after a loss in the CL so expect it to be full on from both sides

Shame if Mount misses out. I'd like to have seen Chelsea take this game on with him, a fully fit Hudson-Odoi and Abraham in his current form etc all at the centre of it. Especially with a couple question marks over Liverpool defensively.

Just think the game has come too early for them. Liverpool to win 2-1 or 3-1.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Shame if Mount misses out. I'd like to have seen Chelsea take this game on with him, a fully fit Hudson-Odoi and Abraham in his current form etc all at the centre of it. Especially with a couple question marks over Liverpool defensively.

Just think the game has come too early for them. Liverpool to win 2-1 or 3-1.

Good news is he is almost there, got a game for the under 23's the other night and scored as well so hopefully won't be out much longer.. this is one of those games where I would not have expected us to win, along with games against City for example where they just have too much firepower and our defence is too fragile to cope but we shall see how it goes.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived