talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool - Sunday 22nd September, 2019

football forum

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can continue to look at the positives, the spirited attempt to come back and the number of chances we created but until we do something about basic defending such as defending set-pieces we won't do anything significant this season. Perhaps earlier in the season it was team shape in transitions and defending as a unit that was catching us out, now it's just set pieces and individual defensive errors that are costing us each game.

Not having this 'we deserve more from the performance' bollocks. 

If we can't get the basics right, we deserve nothing. Wasting the chances we do create and the appalling nature of our defending at set pieces. Three months now the latter hasn't looked close to being sorted. The performances of our youth players will soon grow old and lose its value if we continue to defend so poorly every game. 

I genuinely see no positives that can be carried onward that we haven't already seen. Liverpool were well below standard. 

Tomori and Jorginho our best performers.

One player returns from injury, two more get injured....:rofl:

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not having this 'we deserve more from the performance' bollocks. 

If we can't get the basics right, we deserve nothing. Wasting the chances we do create and the appalling nature of our defending at set pieces. Three months now the latter hasn't looked close to being sorted. The performances of our youth players will soon grow old and lose its value if we continue to defend so poorly every game. 

I genuinely see no positives that can be carried onward that we haven't already seen. Liverpool were well below standard. 

Tomori and Jorginho our best performers.

One player returns from injury, two more get injured....:rofl:

Lampard said none of the injuries are serious. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

If we can't get the basics right, we deserve nothing. Wasting the chances we do create and the appalling nature of our defending at set pieces.

Yea, I thought we had a golden opportunity to score but Tammy decided to go it alone.. Don't blame a player that's on form to try and score but with the goalkeeper bearing down on you and closing down that space it would have been wiser to pass the ball to Mount but it's all part of a learning experience for him.. 

Mason Mount fumes at Tammy Abraham for not passing to him for easy tap-in vs Liverpool

If he had been going it alone I could understand it more but when you have support in a better goalscoring position you should use it.. 

Mourinho on Chelsea: "When you start accepting defeats just because your team played well and just because your players gave their best, a performance for people to be proud of… I think when you get used to it, that’s when the big clubs stop being big clubs."

• The topic was unpinned

Archived