Man City vs Watford

Sunday 22nd September, 2019
Arsenal vs Aston Villa, 16.30
Crystal Palace vs Wolves, 14.00

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Some of our fans seem to be expecting to tonk these today. They're terrified of being a "crisis club" already which is what we'll apparently be if we don't win.

We should be comfortable and win today, but not by 3 or 4. I'd take a 1-0 now along with 90 more minutes of this lot playing together.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Some of our fans seem to be expecting to tonk these today. They're terrified of being a "crisis club" already which is what we'll apparently be if we don't win.

We should be comfortable and win today, but not by 3 or 4. I'd take a 1-0 now along with 90 more minutes of this lot playing together.

Big 45 for Everton now. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

A crisis club just because of a bad loss? You ought to be reminding your fellow blueshites that a crisis club is Bury or Bolton -  not the club that’s splashing a ton of cash trying to make modest improvements in the league.

Seems like people just wanting to set the side up for failure, demanding a win against a side with a lot of momentum that is probably going to take a few scalps this season, with people underestimating them as a promoted side

• Subscriber

Only just turned the game on. Played myself at 2:30 today for the first time in 8 years. Wasn't really remotely arsed to be missing this and while we lost 7-2 at least I got some fitness out of wasting those 2 hours of my life.

Don't expect to see much of me this week as I avoid the internet due to the twats that support us calling for Silva's head 5 minutes into the season.

Best to just accept that we will remain an irrelevant false hope meme club for the rest of my life because I can guarantee we will play exactly well enough later in the season to scrape back to 8th place at the end of the season and make the campaign look 'not disgraceful' and convince ourselves we might actually be good now. 

Leicester have 7th sewn up already and Everton can fuck right off.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Only just turned the game on. Played myself at 2:30 today for the first time in 8 years. Wasn't really remotely arsed to be missing this and while we lost 7-2 at least I got some fitness out of wasting those 2 hours of my life.

Don't expect to see much of me this week as I avoid the internet due to the twats that support us calling for Silva's head 5 minutes into the season.

Best to just accept that we will remain an irrelevant false hope meme club for the rest of my life because I can guarantee we will play exactly well enough later in the season to scrape back to 8th place at the end of the season and make the campaign look 'not disgraceful' and convince ourselves we might actually be good now. 

There is just a slow, drudgery about Everton that seems impossible to shake. Other than that one season under Martinez I can't remember Everton being exciting. That's not a dig. I like Everton but it just seems all stale. 

8-0 for City as of the time typing this but I wouldn't go on to change your opinions on who the favourites are yet. 8-0 can be a fooling scoreline sometimes. City are very good, but 8-0 is still only 3 points and doesn't win you the league automatically.

Let the matches get played and see how they are on a consistent basis.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

There is just a slow, drudgery about Everton that seems impossible to shake. Other than that one season under Martinez I can't remember Everton being exciting. That's not a dig. I like Everton but it just seems all stale. 

Been also rans to long maybe need to go down clean house and develop a purpose and get lean off the field. 

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Leicester finishing higher than 7th isn't impossible. Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham aren't looking too consistent.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yeah I'm fed up of trying to diagnose the problem. We were like this under Martinez for the second and third seasons. We've changed managers three times and every player in the squad pretty much and we're back where we started.

Bottom line is we have better technical players than the likes of Villa, Bournemouth and Sheffield United. If you have better players and you at least match your opponent's work rate and desire then you will win 9 times out of 10. We haven't. Go figure what the problem is.

Not a single cunt on that pitch looked remotely arsed in the ten minutes I've watched there. Coleman was out last week saying we know this is unacceptable after Bournemouth. No fucking point if you're going to come out and let Sheffield United take three points from Goodison days later.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived