talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 21-22nd September, 2019

football forum

Arsenal's victory was down to faith and desire in the end. There's not much to be said about anything else because putting explanations to what is essentially a mess isn't easy and a couple of paragraphs isn't enough. But that's what it was all about in the end!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Oh, almost forgot... When oh when is Xhaka going to be ultimately dropped? When is that going to occur!

Mediocrity personified!

He'll forever be first choice and rightly so. :coffee:

Wasn't even that bad today. Guendouzi had a very good second half but he was worse than Xhaka in the first. Interesting that certain people went missing when he played extremely well in midweek against Eintract Frankfurt... Un Capitán Monumental.

16 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Wasn't even that bad today. Guendouzi had a very good second half but he was worse than Xhaka in the first. Interesting that certain people went missing when he played extremely well in midweek against Eintract Frankfurt... Un Capitán Monumental.

He's first choice because there's nothing else to choose from right now which is bad news in the most important part of the pitch. He was terrible as far as I'm concerned without going into some of the reviews I've been reading after I got back. But anyway, I'd rather one of the kids got a chance and stuck with him.

13 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Has to be said Villa have an incredible player in John McGinn, I'd have him at Arsenal for sure and Tyrone Kings looks a very shrewd piece of business. They have the makings, but they just need to be a bit more smart. 

I mentioned McGinn two or three times in the Villa thread. For me, he is their best player, have him any day over Grealish.

Whatever happens to Villa, he will be a target for other clubs next summer. Was supurb in the Championship and looks comfortable at this level.

• The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, shut up said:

This should be our first XI going forward 

..........................Leno

Bellerin...Holding....Luiz......Tierney

..............Torriera.....Guendouzi 

.......................Cellabos

.......Pepe............................Saka

...................Aubameyang

That's a decent team, especially the forward three. No excuses for Emery if he doesn't get top 4 really. 

• Administrator

Lot of pressure to put on Saka's shoulders to have him starting each game perhaps. 

There's a reason he was played in the Europa League. 

(not saying he's not good, just for a 17 year old who's literally only just come to light it's a lot to take on!).

Still think that CB area needs better players. If they want top 4, players like Holding & Sokratis are not good enough. Midfield is alright. Big fan of players like Torreira and Ceballos. 

How long is Lacazette out for?

39 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It will be Christmas soon, you’ll be alright once that’s over. 

Predictive text 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I mentioned McGinn two or three times in the Villa thread. For me, he is their best player, have him any day over Grealish.

Whatever happens to Villa, he will be a target for other clubs next summer. Was supurb in the Championship and looks comfortable at this level.

Yeah he will be, but if we survive they can all fuck off! 

Having slept on it (and some cunt breaking into my car last night compounding the misery) I’m not as upset as I felt yesterday. We’ve been competitive for long periods of each of these games and it’s more a case of us being  naive and not managing it properly as to why we’ve dropped points. I’m yet to see us get blown away really

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

Give Xhaka time and space and he hurts you with his passing range, but in the league he just gets overawed and overrun. Opposition midfielders run rings around him and his passing isn't enough to justify him starting every game. As soon as he was dragged we regained control of the midfield as we matched Villa physically. I don't think Xhaka is a bad player but he needs specific personnel around him and he is just nowhere near good enough for us to build around him. I believe he just isn't suited to the Prem to slow and to sloppy to be a serious player. 

5 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Give Xhaka time and space and he hurts you with his passing range, but in the league he just gets overawed and overrun. Opposition midfielders run rings around him and his passing isn't enough to justify him starting every game. As soon as he was dragged we regained control of the midfield as we matched Villa physically. I don't think Xhaka is a bad player but he needs specific personnel around him and he is just nowhere near good enough for us to build around him. I believe he just isn't suited to the Prem to slow and to sloppy to be a serious player. 

This is exactly how I feel about Xhaka. He's obviously not a bad player... but you can't be building a midfield around a player like him and there's too many times where he's just leaving gaping holes in the Arsenal midfield. And that's going to put the Arsenal defense under pressure and any side facing more pressure is going to concede more goals over time.

He's built for Serie A football imo. Not a bad player, just this isn't the right league for him. You can see he's got quality, but you want someone that's not going to be leaving giant gaps for other sides to exploit in most matches.

• Subscriber

Is this Saka even that good? I thought he was OK at Frankfurt but people going on like he'd just ripped them to shreds, I felt like I'd been watching a different game. His goal was a very good finish though.

Too many players in your team rhyme. You might as well add John Utaka and Carlos Bacca.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

Is this Saka even that good? I thought he was OK at Frankfurt but people going on like he'd just ripped them to shreds, I felt like I'd been watching a different game. His goal was a very good finish though.

Too many players in your team rhyme. You might as well add John Utaka and Carlos Bacca.

Should get them all signed then start playing tiki-taka 

Hi all, 

Apologies if not allowed. 

I am currently undertaking research for a Masters course on sponsorship in the English Premier League. If you would like to participate, please click the link below and fill in the survey.

https://forms.gle/VNbdDUXqaKFCnBpB6

Thank you!

On 22/09/2019 at 22:03, LFCMadLad said:

I remember you being over the moon when you signed him?

It seemed like the perfect fit, and for a season, it was.

Unfortunately for him football has evolved. You need to be incredibly sharp and mobile to get away with playing up top in the modern day Premier League and he isnt.

I don't blame the board for signing him, just like how I'm sure the Leicester fans dont blame there board for signing the likes of Slimani, Musa, Silva etc as at the time it seemed like a good fit. But, just like Leicester did, we need to accept ot hasn't worked out and moved on. Preferably do the same with Jach, Sorloth and Riedewald too.

Benteke tries his best, hes good at holding up play, but it is painful watching him squander chance after chance after chance every week. I dont get how the board could turn round to the likes of Dann, Ward, Kelly etc and tell them Benteke is on a new contract and still on more a week than them. That would be morale destroying.

Archived