talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Young Under The Radar Players - In And Out Of The PL

football forum

Give your take on the PL players (under the radar though, so more a Todd Cantwell than a Trent-Alexander Arnold)

Here is my opinion on a few that the PL clubs could use

Tyler Attardo - Valour FC (18 years old) Canada

Has an EU passport (Italian) and is the 4th top scorer in Canada at the moment at only 18. Anyone looking to develop a player for future reference who can score goals then Attardo is your man. 

He's a strong 6 ft 1 targetman-poacher striker who is somewhat sloppy on the ball, but extremely good off it. Getting into position and making runs into spaces to keep the tactical rhythm going.

Clubs: Aston Villa, Leicester City, Everton

Gianfranco Chavez - Sporting Cristal (21 years old) Peru

Doesn't have an EU passport, and it would probably be better for him to go to a feeder league first, but just assuming he does and develops more in a few years, there are a few clubs who can have a go. He's a good CB with anticipation and solid marking. Very reliable at the back. He can also play full back, but I don't think he's gifted enough to play an attacking-defensive role and focusing on just the latter.

Clubs: Norwich City, Newcastle United

Jonathan David - Gent (19 years old) Canada

Much more developed for a top club than Attardo (although that said, Tyler could one day reach this level). David's value is rising very fast, to the point Gent will want 30M for him. Has 11 goals in 10 appearances for Canada and was one of Belgiums top scorers last season. 

Clubs: Chelsea, Manchester United

Jan Hurtado - Boca Juniors (19 years old) Venezuela

A strong and tall forward who moves forward without fail. Venezuela's brightest talent and plays for *arguably* Argentina's biggest club, just having recently moved. Clubs who want a striker who can hold off defenders but also create chances for himself, Hurtado is your man.

Clubs: Everton, Chelsea, Southampton

I'll add more within time!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got one more

Gonzalo Tapia - Universidad Catolica (17 years old) Chile

Not debuted yet in Chile, but will play the U17 World Cup and is extremely talented. Fast, good on the dribble and has broad shoulders to knock off defenders. Why I'm choosing Manchester City? I feel he fits Guardiola's style, and his potential is a world class player. Of course, he would take some time to develop before he will be considered good enough to play for City, and given how much more development they've done since Pep comes in, it could actually turn out to be a good move. He was actually linked to them IRL too.

Clubs: Manchester City

Players I'm following in PL, but only have grips of what they're like to talk about them.

Todd Cantwell

Emi Buendia

Harvey Barnes

David Brooks

Cook (Bournemouth)

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Phil Foden is most definitely not under the radar.

Yeah, good point. I wasn't thinking too much with him. I'll remove him. Same with Hudson Odoi

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd say neither are Brooks or Barnes either. More under the rader than Foden, mind.

I would say it's enough for me to consider it. When I say under the radar, I meant not already playing for a big team, or a superstar. EG: Mbappe, Sancho, etc.

Barnes isn't as hyped as Hudson Odoi or Foden say.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know, hence my second sentence :) 

Yeah, perhaps I just used my terminology wrong but I meant players such as Barnes or Cantwell, who are obviously recognized by league enthusiasts but aren't quite superstars yet.

• Administrator

Off the top of my head these are some across the league, big club or not:

Grady Diangana (West Ham, on loan at West Brom)
Emile Smith-Rowe (Arsenal)
Morgan Gibbs-White (Wolves)
Tahith Chong (Man Utd)
Mason Greenwood (Man Utd - more hype now given his regularity in first team squad)
Angel Gomes (Man Utd)
Dwight McNeil (Burnley)
Harvey Elliott (Liverpool, signed recently from Fulham)
Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal, on loan at Leeds)
Ethan Ampadu (Chelsea - did get a bit of hype before his injury)
Billy Gilmour (Chelsea - if I remember correctly there were a lot of clubs interested in him from Rangers)
Aaron Ramsdale (Bournemouth goal-keeper)
Max Aarons (Norwich)
Jay Da Silva (Bristol City)
Hamza Choudhury (Leicester - if Barnes is included, have to include Hamza!)
Kijana Hoever (Liverpool - played a bit end of last season?)

Might have missed some obvious ones!

Archived