talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best 3 Players Of Your Generation For Your Team

football forum

Same as Harvsky's thread but for your own team.

Peru

1. Jefferson Farfan

2. Paolo Guerrero

3. Claudio Pizarro

York 9

1. Ryan Telfer

2. Kyle Porter

3. Rodrigo Gattas

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

I'll go with Inter as they were my first love. 

1. Zanetti
2. Sniedjer
3. Cambiasso

Atlanta Untied would be easy

1. Josef Martinez
2. Miguel Almirion
3. Brad Guzan

With York 9, it’s literally our best 3 this year given it’s the inaugural season xD

Blackburn Rovers:

Alan Shearer: Absolute legend, a hero and one of the greatest goal-scorers and all-round strikers that I have had the privilege of watching.

Tugay: Looking back now, it's actually surprising he had such a long stint at the club given the ability he possessed. A true midfield maestro who could have played for any side even in his latter years.

Brad Friedel: As good as a goalkeeper to have played in the Premier League if you ask me, especially when it came to shot stopping.

FC Barcelona:

Lionel Messi: Arguably the greatest allround attacking player in history. Doubtful we'll ever see another talent of this nature.

Andres Iniesta: Every bit as good as Zidane(some could argue even better given the longevity of his career) but will likely never be spoken about quite as highly despite all that he has achieved.

Xavi: Probably the last of his kind as you seriously don't see midfielders of his mould anymore.

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Blackburn Rovers:

Alan Shearer: Absolute legend, a hero and one of the greatest goal-scorers and all-round strikers that I have had the privilege of watching.

Tugay: Looking back now, it's actually surprising he had such a long stint at the club given the ability he possessed. A true midfield maestro who could have played for any side even in his latter years.

Brad Friedel: As good as a goalkeeper to have played in the Premier League if you ask me, especially when it came to shot stopping.

I'm too young to remember us winning the Premier League so I cannot vouch for Shearer, Hendry etc but fortunately I am old enough to remember the mid-2000s. As such:

1) Tugay - this man is god. My favourite player of all time and surely a shoo-in as greatest foreign Rover ever, regardless of which eras you've seen. Held us together and could do anything with the ball, whilst on 40 a day and no warm up. Apparently he's still very fond of us; I would love him back in some formal capacity one day.

2) Brad Friedel - the American Buffon. Still convinced he was worth at least 100 points during his time with us. Saved bloody everything. Given the deluge of shite which followed at Ewood, I would happily have taken him back in his early 40s when he finally called it a a day at Spurs.

3) Ryan Nelsen - I could easily have said Brett Emerton or MGP or someone here, but I still to this day think Nelsen was underrated during his time with us, even by our own. Solid as a rock and a superb leader. God knows we've not had someone like him since. Miss those days of Savage, Reid, Todd, Neill etc. at Rovers. What they lacked in skill they more than made up for in their devotion to the cause.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20/09/2019 at 21:41, tlr said:

I'm too young to remember us winning the Premier League so I cannot vouch for Shearer, Hendry etc but fortunately I am old enough to remember the mid-2000s. As such:

1) Tugay - this man is god. My favourite player of all time and surely a shoo-in as greatest foreign Rover ever, regardless of which eras you've seen. Held us together and could do anything with the ball, whilst on 40 a day and no warm up. Apparently he's still very fond of us; I would love him back in some formal capacity one day.

2) Brad Friedel - the American Buffon. Still convinced he was worth at least 100 points during his time with us. Saved bloody everything. Given the deluge of shite which followed at Ewood, I would happily have taken him back in his early 40s when he finally called it a a day at Spurs.

3) Ryan Nelsen - I could easily have said Brett Emerton or MGP or someone here, but I still to this day think Nelsen was underrated during his time with us, even by our own. Solid as a rock and a superb leader. God knows we've not had someone like him since. Miss those days of Savage, Reid, Todd, Neill etc. at Rovers. What they lacked in skill they more than made up for in their devotion to the cause.

Damien Duff is also another player to mention. He was the most talent and was a ridiculous talent. He was also at the club during the last spell in the Championship before the current one. He did leave for Chelsea in the end but had 7 cracking seasons, came through the youth and brought something to the wings that no other player had. Ripley, Wilcox, Bentley, Gamst.. These were all brilliant but Duff was something else. 

22 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Damien Duff is also another player to mention. He was the most talent and was a ridiculous talent. He was also at the club during the last spell in the Championship before the current one. He did leave for Chelsea in the end but had 7 cracking seasons, came through the youth and brought something to the wings that no other player had. Ripley, Wilcox, Bentley, Gamst.. These were all brilliant but Duff was something else. 

That is true. I am a touch too young to properly recall Duff at Rovers - I would have been 8 when he left - but remember him well from Chelsea and his later years at Fulham and know he is lauded by many of our lot.

Could cry for what we used to have - Friedel, Neill, Emerton, Ooijer, Zurab, Samba, Nelson, Reid, Savage, Bentley, Bellamy, Tugay, Dunn, Duff, MGP... Proper players who would have run through a brick wall if they thought it'd help get us three points. Look at us now, can barely register a shot on target nowadays.

Edit - forgot Andy Todd, who once booted Christophe Duggary up the arse and told an interviewer his dream dinner guest was Hitler. What I wouldn't give for a mad bastard like him these days.

Archived