• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best 3 Players Of Your Generation For Your Team

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, tlr said:

That is true. I am a touch too young to properly recall Duff at Rovers - I would have been 8 when he left - but remember him well from Chelsea and his later years at Fulham and know he is lauded by many of our lot.

Could cry for what we used to have - Friedel, Neill, Emerton, Ooijer, Zurab, Samba, Nelson, Reid, Savage, Bentley, Bellamy, Tugay, Dunn, Duff, MGP... Proper players who would have run through a brick wall if they thought it'd help get us three points. Look at us now, can barely register a shot on target nowadays.

Edit - forgot Andy Todd, who once booted Christophe Duggary up the arse and told an interviewer his dream dinner guest was Hitler. What I wouldn't give for a mad bastard like him these days.

Bentley was another who was absolutely brilliant. But in the end, he was too big for his boots and look what happened then.

Some players are just perfect for a club and he was perfect for Rovers. Had he have stayed longer, then he'd have been remembered more fondly in the footballing world as let's be honest, there was real talent there and he showed that at Rovers.

Immense that season. An absolute bellend though.

On 13/11/2019 at 17:18, Carnivore Chris said:

Bentley was another who was absolutely brilliant. But in the end, he was too big for his boots and look what happened then.

Some players are just perfect for a club and he was perfect for Rovers. Had he have stayed longer, then he'd have been remembered more fondly in the footballing world as let's be honest, there was real talent there and he showed that at Rovers.

Immense that season. An absolute bellend though.

What a player he was, one of those you genuinely wonder what might have been had he played his cards right. Remember when he retired a few years ago he said that he'd just fallen out of love with the game and how dominated it was by social media and money etc. Fair play for acknowledging that and doing something about it; he seemed understandably to be a bit more stable and measured, sadly about a seven years too late to actually salvage his career. 

One of my favourite Rovers memories ever is us beating Man United 4-3 at Ewood Park back in 2006, with David getting a hat-trick the day after he joined us permanently. That alone, despite his head being turned and the ego and misjudgments and whatever else, puts him down in Rovers legend for me. One of those 'I was there' matches.

Archived