Football Manager 2020 General Chat

football forum

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

I'm gonna try to not play today.

I didn't last long.

What do you do if a big club steals one of your elite youths from you? Man City offered a contract to a 15 year old striker and I couldn't stop it. He'll move there in 3 years. Do I ruin his development or just be happy that my club is gonna produce a top player?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I didn't last long.

What do you do if a big club steals one of your elite youths from you? Man City offered a contract to a 15 year old striker and I couldn't stop it. He'll move there in 3 years. Do I ruin his development or just be happy that my club is gonna produce a top player?

Depends what clauses you got out of the deal, for example if you see a cut of any future fees it becomes in your own interests for him to succeed.

I think that's just a very flawed type of signing anyway to be honest. It cannot be good for the player. Neither club is forced into taking responsibility.

5 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I played FM from 9am until 1am yesterday. Only stopping to make food. It didn't take long for me to go back to my old ways. This is why I stopped for ages. I'm gonna try to not play today.

I have similar problems really. When I play I just drop everything else. It really sucks. Thankfully I'm 22 so I've not got much to lose but I'm worried for later on.

Doing well in the second season but for some reason or another, some players who appear to be great to start suddenly drop in regards to ability. I think this is linked to form but it's a bit of a pain in the ass. 

Is it just the mobile version or does this occur on Touch and the PC versions as well? 

4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Is it just the mobile version or does this occur on Touch and the PC versions as well? 

Still in my first season, so I can't tell. 

On 05/04/2020 at 20:47, Smiley Culture said:

This game is like heroin. You can’t stay away. A shitshow of epic proportions in a play-off final and a few hours later I’m 3/3 from the new season. 

This. Over and over. Being indoors has really made me appreciate how good this game is.

29 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

How are you enjoying the mobile version @LFCMike?

Yeah I like it. I've not been able to get into an FM on the PC properly since FM08. I was still playing that up until a few years ago! I think the mobile version reminds me more of FM around that time so that's why I prefer it

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I'm playing FM Mobile. Played a season with Liverpool, won everything. Won the league with 107 points. Now time for a proper challenge.

First season with Cowdenbeath done (I let the game randomly select my team until I got one from the lowest division).

Won some cup (assume it's Scotland's version of the EFL trophy). Beat teams in higher divisions or SPL reserve sides all the way through. Falkirk who were top of League 1 at the time were seen off in extra time.

Didn't get off to a great start in the league and Queens Park looked like they'd run away with it at one point. We inflicted their first defeat in November though and kept on their tails. We eventually went top in about March and gave ourselves a bit of a cushion going into the final five games. And it was needed. We drew two and lost two of the next four meaning we needed a win on the last day to secure promotion and the title. We beat bottom of the table Annan to finally get over the line

Screenshot_20200410-143717.png

Screenshot_20200410-143653.png

Screenshot_20200410-102138.png

I’ve been toying with getting it. Worth it?

• Administrator

Lads, is this worth getting?

I didn't play FM19 so wondering if the jump from FM18 to this version is gonna be worth it? Are there a lot of differences? If so, big ones to gameplay, player stats, user interface etc?

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

I didn't play FM19 so wondering if the jump from FM18 to this version is gonna be worth it? Are there a lot of differences? If so, big ones to gameplay, player stats, user interface etc?

I downloaded it when it was free the other week. Simply to much for me on a PC interface. Almost like it was taking the fun out of it by making it too realistic. There was just too much content for me. However, I realise other people will love that.

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

FM 18 was the worst one I've played. FM 19 was a huge jump in quality with the new training and whatnot. Also a slightly better match engine.

FM 20 was a drop down in quality I think but still way better than 18.

• The topic was pinned
On 12/04/2020 at 21:09, DeadLinesman said:

I downloaded it when it was free the other week. Simply to much for me on a PC interface. Almost like it was taking the fun out of it by making it too realistic. There was just too much content for me. However, I realise other people will love that.

Mate get the touch. It's like the Fm of a couple of years ago. Easier to digest, enough detail to be interested and the games run a lot smoother and quicker.

Been struggling to get into FM20, not sure it helps that I spent what feels like a decade playing the same opening 2-3 seasons on FM15 and then FM17...feel like the new game is pretty intense too. What’s the stripped back version like?

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Been struggling to get into FM20, not sure it helps that I spent what feels like a decade playing the same opening 2-3 seasons on FM15 and then FM17...feel like the new game is pretty intense too. What’s the stripped back version like?

The Mobile version is significantly stripped back to the point you may not like it if you want FM to be more complex. However, you can piss through seasons much quicker. 

The Touch version is almost like a halfway house in that it's stripped back compared to the PC version, but still has a fair bit of detail in the game. Think I read from The Palace Fan that the current Touch version is more similar to FM17 in terms of complexity, though not sure if it's exactly like that or slightly stripped back in some aspects. 

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The Mobile version is significantly stripped back to the point you may not like it if you want FM to be more complex. However, you can piss through seasons much quicker. 

The Touch version is almost like a halfway house in that it's stripped back compared to the PC version, but still has a fair bit of detail in the game. Think I read from The Palace Fan that the current Touch version is more similar to FM17 in terms of complexity, though not sure if it's exactly like that or slightly stripped back in some aspects. 

Will give the touch version a go then, too much going on nowadays 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived